Ni Hao, Kai-lan

Nickelodeon (ended 2009)

Gamekirby

Ni Hao, Kai-lan Fan Reviews (25)

5.5
  • well what do you know? an another blatant dora the explorer rip off

the segments of this show has been stuck into my mind for about 5 solid years, and i have wasted about 1200 minutes of about 40 episodes of my life that i cannot get back. just like i said with the purple dinosaur in my manuscript, the designers really should have taken lessons from barney and friends. ok, here is my overall:

we start with a score of 100:

plot: like a similar plot to dora the explorer's the characters are in a chinese synopsis of the kai lan universe.

characters:

kai lan: kai lan loves people who are super happy. whenever she gets sad or mad, she starts to rage quit. -20 points.

we have a score of 80 left.

rintoo: a tiger who is always a spoiled, whiney little brat who always wanted to brag anyone about anything. that's another 10 points off for extreme spoiledness like bloo from foster's home for imaginary friends.

others: defintely annoying.

graphics: very horrible, and look like ass. 30 points for lack of creativity.

score: 40.

educational value: this show has no educational value at all. i agree on the dreadangelus's review, the viewers should have gotten a chinese tutor for learning a language like this. 30 points for severe lack of education.

score: 10. there's still hope.

episodes: those episodes most definitely can be cruel at times for newbies who watched this show. but wait, is there any reason why kai lan is about problem solving skills? that's another 10 points off for creativity stupidity.

total score: 0.

total overall: F-.

this show deserves to be cancelled for it's lackluster educational value, and the mockbusterness of dora the explorer. nickelodeon, if you're going to make some preschool education tv shows, then use some REAL educational value, but no action/adventure, or anything like that.