Nick Arcade

Nickelodeon (ended 1993)

Nick Arcade Fan Reviews (8)

• One of my all-time favorate Nickelodeon game shows.

Well just decided to post my first ever review of 2008 by dedicating this review to "Nickelodeon GAS: Games and Sports for Kids" which shut down on Janruary 1, 2008 at 6:00am being replaced with the 24/7 network of "The N".

So anyways, Nick Arcade was a great show if you like classic video games, specifically the ones for the arcade from the 90s. This game is easilly the best game show (and quite possibly the best show) that Nickelodeon has ever aired. They had games such as Sonic the Hedgehog (well the prototype to Sonic 2 basically). I also like how the kids get to be inside the video game and use their body to get through this game. You know, the whole concept of going inside a video game world, you know what that reminds me of? Captain N: The Game Master, because the plot to that show is a simular concept to what Nick Arcade is, except Nick Arcade is a game show, so I guess they're trying to take Captain N to a new reality. It was a great show shot at Nickelodeon Studios. It looked fun to be in, especailly with Mikey who is controlled by the audience by telling him which way to go.

This is a great show and the last thing I could say to you guys is, Happy New Year, Happy 2008, and last but not least R.I.P. Nickelodeon GAS which lasted from 1999-2007, and to dedicate that, check out my blog about that.