Night Court Forums

NBC (ended 1992)

A little help please on "A Day In The Life"

joag95

[1]Jul 25, 2008
    • level: 7

Hi all. I was wondering if you guys can help me out with some Night Court trivia! I am editing for Brandon Tartikoff and found that IMDB has him listed as guest starring under the name B.Donald Tartikoff in the 1987 episode, "A Day In The Life." My problem is that his middle name is not Donald... so I am wondering if there is some inside joke here, or if it is even true. Can anyone shed light on this for me? It would be much appreciated! Thanks so much.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tsreeder

[2]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 8
    Either it's a really, REALLY inside joke, or someone at IMDb didn't apply due diligence. Brandon is listed in the original script as "Brandon Tartikoff", and he also identifies himself that way in the show.

joag95

[3]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 7
    Thank you very much. I have found several mistakes on IMDB so this is probably just another one. If anyone has any other explanations I'd love to hear them.

tsreeder

[4]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 8
    It just hit me what the inside joke is. Back in the mid-1980s when Tartikoff was the NBC President, his counterpart at CBS was a guy named B. Donald "Bud" Grant. I guess somebody posting on IMDb thought it might be amusing to link Brandon with his former friendly rival by listing him as B. Donald Tartikoff.

JediSnoopy

[5]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 13
    joag95 wrote:

Hi all. I was wondering if you guys can help me out with some Night Court trivia! I am editing for Brandon Tartikoff and found that IMDB has him listed as guest starring under the name B.Donald Tartikoff in the 1987 episode, "A Day In The Life." My problem is that his middle name is not Donald... so I am wondering if there is some inside joke here, or if it is even true. Can anyone shed light on this for me? It would be much appreciated! Thanks so much.

You are editing for him? Does that mean you are working for him?