Night Court Forums

NBC (ended 1992)

Season Two to Be Available Soon?

Kevmath

[1]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 24

I found this link on another forum, so I'm posting it here to hopefully generate some more interest.

There's no release date, yet but you can check it out over at http://tinyurl.com/ltabn

Do your thing and help generate enough interest to make sure this gets released!

Kevin...

Edited on 06/07/2006 6:36am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Lokar

[2]Jun 28, 2006
    • level: 26
    I'd love to see it too. Most people probably got into the show with the cast changes after the first season. I think that's what people are waiting to see on the shelves.

MrRossZ

[3]Jul 15, 2006
    • level: 8
    I loved season 1 on DVD -- hopefully they'll release season 2 sooner than later

Lokar

[4]Jul 16, 2006
    • level: 26
    I think somebody said this elsewhere, but if you go to Amazon.com and look up Season 2 of this show, they have it listed without a release date, which I think means it's on the slate but they don't know just when yet. They have a thing where you can put in your e-mail if you want to be notified when it's ready to be out. I did it for mine; I think when people do that, it shows there's interest in the show.

Maybe we can also write to the DVD company?

In any event, I hope they release more seasons. It got more popular with time and I think people are waiting for the latter years to be released. That's what they liked best.

BlakeMP

[5]Aug 5, 2006
    • level: 10
    I'm worried that Season One may not have sold enough, and that's what's causing the delay.

Dammit, of course Season One didn't sell enough! The cast didn't really come together yet! But I love this show, and I want to see all of the seasons on my shelf some day.

brettfern

[6]May 11, 2007
    • level: 3
    Season One bombed.

Doubt Season Two will ever be released.

tvjohnny2007

[7]May 18, 2007
    • level: 1
    The problem is most people liked the show with Mac, Christine, and Roz. They should try selling Season 4 and go from there.

VanGriffin

[8]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 8

I don't think season one 'bombed'. There are countless shows that have released the first season then left the fans wondering what happened to the rest. TAXI comes to mind, and Barney Miller. The real problem is the TV Market is flooded with TV shows on DVD.

So they "test market" the show. So not only is up againt all the rest, it has to compete with Movie DVDs also

The best way to sell a 9 season show is to place several seasons at a time, say three seasons a box.

Then we have the full series on 18 months... rather than 9 years....

JohnnyPromoshot

[9]Sep 10, 2007
    • level: 7
    I've noticed that the TV shows that are in "movie-size" cases are easily browsed over in favor of large boxed sets cluttering around them. Often these shows aren't even sold facing forward on the shelves so they are even more unnoticeable. A buyer may also feel discouraged to buy partial season sets or "sampler" DVD's of a show merely to wait for some great big boxed set that may never come out. A final problem occurs when the shows released over two years ago are moved from the main sections to "bargain bins" and other uncommon areas to free up room for new releases. Unless one is specifically looking for a show, it is pretty hard to stumble on them through mere browsing.

Rainyseason

[10]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 2

I have to agree with the person who said Season 1 was very differnet than what most people think of when they think of Night Court. There was such a big turn over with half the cast changing in the early years that many people who think of the great Emmy nominated years of Night Court they would probably skip the first season.

I hope the box sets come out of the seasons. It was such a quality program and great characters

ekkostar

[11]Oct 24, 2007
    • level: 2
    I think that WB should have released the set with Seasons 1 & 2 to fill it out so it wouldn't be overlooked. They could have also used a flashier looking cover. Maybe they'll eventually rerelease S1 that way. They'll have to with the new wave of John Larroquette fans turning up (Those wishy-washy Boston Legal fans that really need a lesson in Larroquette's BEST work). I'd also like to see The John Larroquette Show finally make it to DVD. I haven't seen it in forever.

aboynamedkat

[12]Nov 21, 2007
    • level: 6

In case you were unaware, most TV shows (including Night Court) are available for purchase through misc. websites. They aren't box sets, or fancy or anything, but they do include every episode (pilot to finale) on a series of dvd's in excellent quality in most cases.

Here is one place you can pick up Night Court for cheap... www.bestdvdentertainmentonline.com/product_info.php?products_id=303

CrazyLady9

[13]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 6
    aboynamedkat wrote:

In case you were unaware, most TV shows (including Night Court) are available for purchase through misc. websites. They aren't box sets, or fancy or anything, but they do include every episode (pilot to finale) on a series of dvd's in excellent quality in most cases.

Here is one place you can pick up Night Court for cheap...

I would be careful with that. A lot of those websites are not affiliated with the networks or makers of these shows and you have no guarantee you'll actually get anything for your money. Buyer beware.