Night Gallery

I'll Never Leave You - Ever

Aired Unknown Feb 16, 1972 on NBC

• The much younger wife of a terminally-ill farmer decides to push him along towards death so that she can be with her younger and more handsome lover only to find out that dealing with witches is not the best of ideas.

As was said before, do NOT watch this episode late at night. I made that mistake once and I have NEVER forgotten it. (I was 7 years old at the time and I still remember how much it frightened me 25 years later!) It is creepy from the start with elements that make this one of the original psychological thrillers. The ending is the freakiest I've ever seen and it left me mortified. I don't think I slept well for 2 weeks after watching it. I probably shouldn't have been watching Night Gallery at that age but I was pretty tough in the fact that I loved the Twilight Zone and most Night Gallery episodes were a little scary but nothing I couldn't handle. THIS episode however was beyond ANYTHING I'd ever seen in the Night Gallery series (and I watched it every day). I swear,I have been unsuccessful in watching it in the 25 years since but I will never forget THOSE EYES as long as I live! And although I haven't seen this episode in 25 years I remember EVERY RIVETING DETAIL. Watch the episode and you will know EXACTLY what I mean.

10 / 10 STARS

My heart rate increases just thinking about it as I type this review, this episode of Night Gallery is the precursor to such thrillers as The Blair Witch Project and The Ring. Both of those movies borrow heavily from the elements of "I'll Never Leave You - Ever"
WZME