Night Gallery

Last Rites for a Dead Druid

Aired Unknown Jan 26, 1972 on NBC

• A pretty woman goes into a small furniture shop and buys a very unusual statue that she falls in love with. After bringing it home and putting it on the lawn, in the backyard, her husband notices the statue is moving towards him.

As a kid I wathced many Night Gallery episodes and this is one of the episodes that really scared me. Just a few months ago I viewed it again and was equally disturbed. This is quite scary, to say the least. There is just something about an ugly statue coming alive that bothers many people including myself. The cast is good with Bill Bixby as the husband and the two pretty women in the episode, which are Carol Lyndly (I know, I butchered the spelling of her name), known from the Poseidon Adventure 1970's movie, and the absolutely beautiful other woman, Donna Douglas, from The Beverly Hillbillies as the HOT Elly Mae Clampett. After seeing the two women, you will definately have the hots for Donna Douglas, as the husband eventally exhibits at the end of the episode. The actual movement of the statue is quite scary and the ending has some good shock value. A good episode.