Night Gallery

Miss Lovecraft Sent Me

Aired Unknown Sep 15, 1971 on NBC

• Cool babysitter gets the creeps

The babysitter is like a cool hippy chick who gets creep-ed out by the thought of who or what she is going to sit for. This was by far my favorite of all the vignettes. Most of which are silly little one line jokes for comic relief. I was told this story long before I actually saw it. I now tell it as a campfire story to the scouts. Along with several other TZ and NG episodes. I give it a 10 as best of the Vignettes.
  • A vampire and his undead spouse need to go out at nights, so they require a babysitter for junior.

Another dumb comedy vignette based on a single joke - for what purpose would a family of vampires require a babysitter? Not just to look after the baby, of course. It is distinctly a virtue that this episode is so short, and both Joseph Campanella and Sue Lyon are skilled actors, but these are hardly sufficient reasons for it to exist. The fact that this young bimbo of a babysitter has been sent by a certain Miss Lovecraft, whose surname is not commented on, is actually one of the better jokes, which should provide enough of a warning to the curious.