Night Gallery

NBC (ended 1973)

Gislef

Night Gallery Fan Reviews (13)

• I loved this show back when it first aired

In 1971 I was 11 years old. This show came on and I was in awe that somebody finally made tv shows that I was actually interested in seeing. I was so used to being bombarded by my parents and grandparents shows (Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Waltons) then suddenly something that wasn't a cartoon was finally out there for me. Although sometimes this series scared the mess out of me. After seeing these same shows a couple of years ago on the STARZ network I couldn't believe that half of them were bad but back when I was 11 to 13 years old I had to see every episode. Oh man when the three boys dug the hole to find out what surprise was in the old man's backyard and John Carradine popped out of the coffin and said surprise that had me jumping for years when somebody surprised me. Talk about a lasting psychological effect. When Leslie Nielsen was in the haunted house with the pendulum blade fixing to slit his throat oh man I was amazed they were showing this stuff on network television. I had to find out what was in the next episode. I don't think any other tv show has affected me the way this show did back in those days. I don't remember being as excited about another TV show since it's cancellation. Back when I was 11 to 13 years old this show was the bomb.