Night Gallery

Witches' Feast

Aired Unknown Sep 22, 1971 on NBC

6.8
  • A schoolboy joke about witches.

This was dumb stuff, like so many of the brief comedy sections of this infuriatingly uneven series. There is a certain quaint charm in watching the great Agnes Moorehead doing a parody of "Macbeth" (and, indirectly, of her own image as Endora in "Bewitched"), but when you remember that she was one of the greatest actresses the cinema ever saw, that quaint charm palls awfully fast, and you wish she'd been used in something with at least a bit more quality. Admittedly, the constant wobbling of her false nose does create a hint of suspense - will it fall off before the fadeout?
  • My favorite vignette in the Night Gallery series.

I loved the 'Witches' Feast' vignette. It is less than 5 minutes long but it is great! Agnes Moorehead and Ruth Buzzi portray two of the witches in this little skit. Most of the diaglog is done in a rhyming verse. The witches look great, just as witches SHOULD look. The clothes and the set is wonderful, and the skit has a humorous ending. It was my favorite of all the short vignettes that were included in the Night Gallery series. Some of the vignettes weren't so good, as we all know, but I would rate this as one of the best.