NBC Nightly News

Daily 6:30 PM on NBC Premiered Aug 01, 1970 In Season

thefanof

NBC Nightly News Fan Reviews (6)

7.1
  • The only good show from NBC News, hosted by the only actual journalist to actually work for them right now.

Face it guys, the journalism industry in this country is going down the crapper. No, don't blame Fox News or CNN, blame MSNBC for that. Ever since people like Keith Olbermann (who thankfully left), Ed Schultz, Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews, Lawrence O'Donnel, and Martin Bashir turned MSNBC into bi-partisan, agenda-driven trash, I had no choice but to tune in to Fox News Channel (and CNN on occasion) for my TV news and information. I don't really pay attention to network news (ABC, NBC, CBS) that much, but they are absolutely obsessed with Barack Obama that they bash any republican or independent they can when reporting on a political story (okay, maybe I was watching a bit too much of Sean Hannity, the koolaid drinker), but out of all the big three network newscasts, NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams is the best of them all.

Williams is considered the "Walter Cronkite of his generation", and I can see why. When interviewing Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, not once did Williams rudely interrupt him like his corporate cousins at MSNBC would. Yes, Fox (and I'm not a big fan of Fox's political commentary shows either, aside from The O'Reilly Factor) has been accused of doing the same thing when interviewing politicians (mostly Democrats and Liberals) in the past as well. He does have some inconsistencies in his reporting, but who can blame him? After all, he's the anchor of a news organization that, when it was majorly owned by GE, was funding the presidential campaign for Barack Obama, and attacking his critics in his first year as President of the United States.

Over all, out of all of NBC's news shows (and shows on MSNBC), NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams is the one I highly recommend, because it's (to me), the last network news show that doesn't spin the news. Well, it does sometimes, but not as much as other network newscasts do (especially cable news channels like NBC's sister station MSNBC).