We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Nightmare Cafe Forums

NBC (ended 1992)

Why isn't anyone talking about this show?

Nasedo34

[1]Jan 18, 2006
    • level: 1
    Nightmare Cafe is a rare TV gem with a common story for shows of it's type. A show too good to have mass appeal at the time it aired. 1992 was just a shade too early for the era of sophisticated TV Sci-fi ushered in by "X-files" and "American Gothic." Wes Craven led the way for Cinema directors interested in daring TV. (Examples: Francis Ford Coppola's "First Wave" & James Cameron's "Dark Angel" & Jerry Bruckheimer's "CSI" to name just 3)
    I watched this series every time it aired on NBC, and when it left the air, I was a choosier TV viewer... I had seen how a series could be, and wasn't content to sit through pablum like "Friends" or "7th Heaven." I hope anyone who has seen "Nightmare Cafe" tells everyone they know about it and if you haven't... beg, borrow, steal, do whatever it takes to seek it out and see it at least once.
    If you like a daring, different show now... watch it every time it airs, it'll be gone soon (see Fox's "Profit" or "Reunion").
    Email: NightmareCafe34@yahoo.com if you wanna talk more about this show or even if you just wanna see this show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

reddawnchild

[2]Nov 24, 2006
    • level: 8
    I used to love this show. Anchor Bay needs to put it out on DVD.

tristeele

[3]Feb 13, 2007
    • level: 2
    I'm a fellow lover of Nightmare Cafe. I'd love a DVD release. I've got the eps from a old vhs tape. I taped them when they first aired. I transfered it to dvd but it looks pretty rough. Oh well it's better then nothing. Keep the faith Cafers!

Tauking

[4]Mar 2, 2007
    Now that Jack Coleman is on Heroes, maybe someone will pop out a DVD of his short-lived series.

mouseglove

[5]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 3

Probably because most everyone has never heard of it. I barely remember it myself, only thing I know for sure is that I liked it. It needs a DVD release. I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

bergie72

[6]Sep 23, 2007
    • level: 11
    If you haven't already, you can go to TVshowsonDVD.com and vote for your favorite unreleased shows. There are 468 votes for Nightmare Cafe so far, but it's only at 549th rank of unreleased, so it'll take awhile.

Barrybgb

[7]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 23
    I loved this show back in the day. I thought it was an interesting, well done show, but the network just didn't seem to know what to do with it. I think it was on at 10 on Fridays. I could be wrong. That's not a great time slot, or at least it wasn't back then.

I tape the show and I still have the episodes on tape. I haven't watched them in an eternity. I think I'll go do that right now.

ecwfan_89

[8]Nov 23, 2010

I totally know what you mean! I managed to watch all the episodes and I loved them! I think Nightmare Cafe was severely under-appreciated. Why do the good shows die and the crappy shows linger for 20 years? I'd rather watch this show all day, the exact same episodes over and over again, than any "reality" show!

dref22

[9]Feb 11, 2012
    • level: 3

I guess it was ahead of its time, I never understand why they canceled it this soon.

All the episodes are on Youtube, if anyone's interested.