Nightmare Next Door

Investigation Discovery

Nightmare Next Door Fan Reviews (8)

• nightmare

I used to be a fan of Nightmare Next Door. I find that the actors and writers are a joke. What they have succeeded in doing is making this show a want to be comedy. My friends and I record your show and make it a night out. We take turns hosting one night per week. The last three shows were horrible. If it was our loved one an episode was about, we would be mortified. Trying to be funny at a time when you lose a loved one to murder is not funny. An example is one episode, the narrator said that the case was as cold as a left over tortilla soup. Really??? Murder is NOT funny. Please check out other episodes and understand what we mean. Needless to say we do not record your show anymore.
  • The whole nightmare next door

I like the show the only thing is dude talking doing the show really don't need him telling what who or when please get dude voice off the show I can't even watch the whole show his voice needs to go away really irritating
  • Show Thinks It's Very Punny

Good show with lousy narration. They are more concerned with being clever with their constant puns than they are about being serious about a horrible crime. They could also use a different narrator. The one they have sounds like a kid.
  • Enough with the analogies

4.5
    I love crime shows. I ended up watching this one when my Netflix options were starting to run out. I'm seriously starting to hate this show. It's so heavy with bad jokes and even worse analogies that I'm losing my patience. "His story had more holes than one of Kurt Cobain's Really? I also agree with the cheesy law enforcement posing. Come on. Let's try to inject some dignity into this show.
  • Fair at best

I think some of the stories are interesting, however, I can not stand the way the narrator tells the stories. The constant comparisons and "like a" and jokes etc. is ridiculous and go overboard.
  • Not great

I like true crime shows, but this one needs help. The narrator sounds like he thinks the stories are funny. There are quick flashes of other scenes all the time, which is annoying. And whats with the cheesy poses of the law enforcement officers?
  • Mocking, Rude, DISGUSTING

This show mocks the deaths of human beings. In fact, the people who are in charge of writing the "punchline" jokes about the murders should seriously think about their lives and how terrible they are as people. Not only does this show suck, it is completely disrespectful to the victims. Because most murder cases are public record, the scumbag producers and other crew can get their greasy, grimy paws on the information without any consent from family or friends of the deceased. This show is run by immoral animals who are greedy, disgusting people. This show SUCKS.
  • Guilty Viewing Pleasure!

Okay, I'm guilty. I'm a confessed fan of this series. Put me on the sofa with a blanket and I'll watch all day long. I don't quite know why, in truth -- there are lots of crime shows out there, but I guess I like the mix of mystery and I like the pace and the not-too-heavy narration voice over. Looks and sounds good. It works for me! But don't go telling all my friends.... I'll probably have to deny it! ;)