Official Episode Discussion:You Know They Have a Hell of a Band(episode 8)

danharr

[1]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 45
    The last episode of the series enjoy!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kayzee72

[2]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 6

I already expect this to be my favorite. So far I love it. Just as I had imagined. I wonder if King sees Steven Weber when he writes this stuff.

Edited on 08/03/2006 6:49am
    Edited 2 total times.

cat7673

[3]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 9
    I think Steven Weber's first King role was in The Shining in 1997. This story was published in 1993 so I'm guessing he wasn't in King's mind. But he sure fit the part!

danharr

[4]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 45
    I think maybey Weber is just "that guy" which happens to be perfect in these type roles. As to the episode yes it was the best and all those premonitions of bad to come made me feel like I was reading instead of watching.  Well it was a nice ride with ups and downs mostly ups for me I have to say this was the best Kind adaptation in a long time.

_-_CSI_Freak_-_

[5]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 12

I watched episode 7 & 8, I found this episode more interesting than episode 7.  I thought it was amazing, and the in the when the guy said "Rock and Roll will never die" and then she said "That's what I'm afraid of" then when the record was skipping, that was the perfect ending. It made me mad though that her husband was actually enjoying the concert after they took them back there.

kayzee72

[6]Aug 3, 2006

danharr wrote:
    I think maybey Weber is just "that guy" which happens to be perfect in these type roles. As to the episode yes it was the best and all those premonitions of bad to come made me feel like I was reading instead of watching. Well it was a nice ride with ups and downs mostly ups for me I have to say this was the best Kind adaptation in a long time.

I tend to agree. I have enjoyed many of the N&D stories so far. They are all well done (if not great), but this one was perfect to me. This was one of favorite stories from the N&D collection, and it came to fruiton seemingly perfect. That hour zoomed by.

fafnir97

[7]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 4
    _-_CSI_Freak_-_ wrote:

I watched episode 7 & 8, I found this episode more interesting than episode 7. I thought it was amazing, and the in the when the guy said "Rock and Roll will never die" and then she said "That's what I'm afraid of" then when the record was skipping, that was the perfect ending. It made me mad though that her husband was actually enjoying the concert after they took them back there.

Well, they were already there and they weren't going to get away, so why not sit down and enjoy the concert?

kayzee72

[8]Aug 3, 2006

fafnir97 wrote:
    _-_CSI_Freak_-_ wrote:

I watched episode 7 & 8, I found this episode more interesting than episode 7. I thought it was amazing, and the in the when the guy said "Rock and Roll will never die" and then she said "That's what I'm afraid of" then when the record was skipping, that was the perfect ending. It made me mad though that her husband was actually enjoying the concert after they took them back there.

Well, they were already there and they weren't going to get away, so why not sit down and enjoy the concert?

Heh, this is what I think as well. Maybe this is the guy's approach. My wife said that if I acted that way she'd be irritated. I just think finding a way to enjoy is the best way to go.

fafnir97

[9]Aug 3, 2006
    kayzee72 wrote:
    fafnir97 wrote:
    _-_CSI_Freak_-_ wrote:

Heh, this is what I think as well. Maybe this is the guy's approach. My wife said that if I acted that way she'd be irritated. I just think finding a way to enjoy is the best way to go.

Yeah, it must be, guy's just like to go with the flow, and see what happens. Besides, they could always try to escape after the concert ended, whenever that would be. I mean, how would you escape with all those people watching you?

_-_CSI_Freak_-_

[10]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 12
    fafnir97 wrote:
    kayzee72 wrote:
    fafnir97 wrote:
    _-_CSI_Freak_-_ wrote:

Yeah, it must be, guy's just like to go with the flow, and see what happens. Besides, they could always try to escape after the concert ended, whenever that would be. I mean, how would you escape with all those people watching you?
    Yeah, your right.

I loved how it didn't really end, so you never knew if they were able to escape or not.

sunnyray22

[11]Aug 5, 2006
    • level: 1
    I found the show spooky! The people playing the rock stars looked just like the dead artist. Was the guy with the long gray hair drinking beer playing JERRY GARCIA ?? Also, what was the meaning of the scene that turned black and white? The cook was Ricky Nelson right? Thanks

Ruokasi

[12]Aug 15, 2006
    I think none of the episodes have been better than the first, Battleground. This one really frustrated me. Why didn't they get out sooner? Why did they keep stopping?! GRR. It really got to me.

goa103

[13]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 21
    fafnir97 wrote:
    Are you kidding ? Once the concert starts, that the lights are on, Clark is not himself anymore, the waitress boyfriend. He's one of them and I don't even want to know what will happen to his wife's finders. I was hoping for some good Romero flesh eating in the end but… nothing happened. What a disappointment !

goa103

[14]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 21

Ruokasi wrote:
    I think none of the episodes have been better than the first, Battleground.

I agree Battleground was great but I also enjoyed the writer episodes, Umney's Last Case and The Road Virus Heads North. The Fifth Quarter was also interesting even if it wasn't scary at all.

Ruokasi wrote:
    This one really frustrated me. Why didn't they get out sooner? Why did they keep stopping?! GRR. It really got to me.

Like you said, this one was frustrating. Clark is your typic dumb and annoying character. One idea in the head, didn't change his mind even if his wife told him a thousand times to turn around. Some characters from Scream and other scary movies aren't that stupid. If I was his wife I would have slapped him hard. Wake up moron ! Things would have been far much more interesting if the man had been charmed by some sort of witch on the way. At the end he's like possessed by the whole "Rock and Roll Heaven" nightmare but… it's exactly when the episode stops. And I thought it would be some sort of From Dust Till Dawn remake ! However I'm sure the original stories are better so I plan to read the short story collection. Last but not least, I strongly recommend King fans to read Night Shift. It has some great short stories ! Battleground is one of them.