Steven Weber Again?

ZenMastaC64

[1]Jul 12, 2006
    • level: 2
    Does anyone know if Stephen King and Steven Weber are best friends or something.  Weber has been in just about every Stephen King tv or movie adapation there has ever been. 
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

walrus_8463

[2]Jul 12, 2006
    • level: 59
    Steven Weber is a great actor. I only remember him from "The Shining," but he did really well.

Ppunkinseed

[3]Jul 13, 2006
    • level: 16
    Agree with the previous post that Steven Weber is a great actor and it is not at all unusual for directors or writers to use the same people in their work. It's done a lot in movies. For me who thinks that Stephen King movies are usually mis-cast, I think Steven Weber Looks the parts.

suplex2000

[4]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 11
    ZenMastaC64 wrote:
    Does anyone know if Stephen King and Steven Weber are best friends or something. Weber has been in just about every Stephen King tv or movie adapation there has ever been.

Steven Weber along with quite a few others have "job security" when it comes to Stephen Kings movies. Timothy Daly who played Steven Webers brother on "Wings" does a lot too (I am surprised Weber was not in "Storm of the Century", but Daly was.)

I just noticed the man who was the Judge in Shawshank Redemption (who sent "Andy" [Tim Robbins] to jail) was also the Judge in "Thinner" who had the "Lizard" curse put on him. His name is: John Horton.

Then, the guy who was the lawyer...against "Andy" in Shawshank Redepmtion...was also in Storm of the Century as "Robbie Beals". His name is: Jeffrey DeMunn.

So you are certainly right about how...not only with Steven Weber...if you are watching something by Stephen King, there will more than likely be someone in it, who has been in another Stephen King work at sometime.

ramartin25

[5]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 16
    Matt Frewer is also a favorite of the King adaptions. He was Trashcan Man in The Stand, was the father in Desperation, and I am sure that he was the evevator operator in Ulmney's last case.