Nikita Forums

The CW (ended 2013)

La Femme Nikita

breezy2281

[1]Nov 27, 2010
    • level: 19

hey, if anyone is like me, and has watched the Original series La Femme Nikita (that this show is the remake of) you should let me know also drop by the original series forums and let's keep the chats alive!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pgsuperfan

[2]Feb 19, 2011
    • level: 25

I watched La Femme Nikita towards the end of the series but I am liking the new version much better

klabbeman

[3]Feb 20, 2011
    • level: 6

Like i wrote in a old thread:

"It would be awesome if Peta Wilson showed up in the show,maybeas criminal or small role in division =). She was awesome when she played Nikita 1997-2001."

grizzo

[4]Feb 20, 2011
    • level: 9

I religiously watched La Femme Nikita. I loved that show. But I have to tell you that Maggie Q is by far a better actress than Peta Wilson, and I loved Peta. I also like this Michael. The previous Michael, the Canadian Actor was also great and he looked great on a Ducati.

So I am praying and hoping that the CW keeps this version. Great cast

elias_jacobson

[5]Jul 5, 2011
    • level: 5

grizzo wrote:

I religiously watched La Femme Nikita. I loved that show. But I have to tell you that Maggie Q is by far a better actress than Peta Wilson, and I loved Peta. I also like this Michael. The previous Michael, the Canadian Actor was also great and he looked great on a Ducati.

So I am praying and hoping that the CW keeps this version. Great cast

I have to agree with you. Both shows' actors are great!!!

johnmarlena422

[6]Jul 10, 2011
    • level: 16
    Personally, I'm a huge Shane West fan so I could never imagine a 'Nikita' story without him in it as Michael.

niteshayde81

[7]Jul 20, 2011
    • level: 1

Actually, I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but this isn't actually a remake of La Femme. This show is based more on the Luc Besson movie "La Femme Nikita" which the '97 show was loosely based on. Femme was good, but the original movie was a lot better and I encourage everyone to see it. Then you will see that the new series is a lot more like that than it is like Peta Wilson's version. Besides...why would a remake start off with Nikki outside of Division trying to bring it down? If it's anything to the 1990 movie or the 1997 show, it's a continuation. Maybe I'm splitting hairs, but in all fairness your wording was...unfortunate. No one like a remake. And since I like Nikita, it's obviously not a remake.

niteshayde81

[8]Jul 20, 2011

And in a bit of serendipitous fortune on my part, I just noticed that it actually says in the show description for Nikita: "based on the original french film, La Femme Nikita..."

See? I'm NOT crazy!! moihahahahahahahahahahahaaahheeeheeeheeheeeeeee!!!

elias_jacobson

[9]Aug 1, 2011

niteshayde81 wrote:

And in a bit of serendipitous fortune on my part, I just noticed that it actually says in the show description for Nikita: "based on the original french film, La Femme Nikita..."

See? I'm NOT crazy!! moihahahahahahahahahahahaaahheeeheeeheeheeeeeee!!!

It is Canadian actually. (French speaking part).

Anyway, both shows had/have great potential and the stories are equally interesting. But I am somehow leaning towards La Femme Nikita. Anyone feel the same?

jack756

[10]Aug 1, 2011
    • level: 14
    niteshayde81 wrote:

Actually, I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but this isn't actually a remake of La Femme. This show is based more on the Luc Besson movie "La Femme Nikita" which the '97 show was loosely based on. Femme was good, but the original movie was a lot better and I encourage everyone to see it. Then you will see that the new series is a lot more like that than it is like Peta Wilson's version. Besides...why would a remake start off with Nikki outside of Division trying to bring it down? If it's anything to the 1990 movie or the 1997 show, it's a continuation. Maybe I'm splitting hairs, but in all fairness your wording was...unfortunate. No one like a remake. And since I like Nikita, it's obviously not a remake.

i have to agree

palle007

[11]Aug 25, 2011

I saw the original series (more than once). Loved it. I quickly shut this one off. I am tired of those semi serious shows where they have to goof around all the time.

tadpinoy

[12]Aug 30, 2011
    • level: 3
    Ummm..when exactly do they "goof off" in this show?

palle007

[14]Sep 4, 2011

tadpinoy wrote:
    Ummm..when exactly do they "goof off" in this show?

Hmm. Good question. I remember vaguely that it started with a woman and a black man standing on a roof. It was the typical series where the sitcom overlaps the seriousness of the situation.

Now it appears it wasn't Nikita. So what the hell did I watch back then? :-)

palle007

[15]Sep 4, 2011
    And just now I saw Lyndsy Fonseca eat ice cream on youtube. Dear god.

palle007

[16]Sep 16, 2011
    The woman that played Madeline (Amandas counterpart) in La Femme Nikita is a part of Oversight.

JohnSmith4

[17]Oct 28, 2011

Theoriginalwas so much better then CW remake. Section/operations was not protrayed as the black and white bad guy as percy is in the new one. Operations made questionable decisons and held firm in the belief that the end justified the means. Maybe CW felt that in post 9/11 world Operations might actually besympathetic and decided to make Section/Percy theprototypicalbad guy for this reason.

Irregardless, that was one of the moreinterestingdynamics of the show removing Peta Wilson/Nikita fighting him along the way trying to do her job and keep her moral baseline at the same time was a mistake and has made the show nothing more then a boring generic spy thriller.

Also while I agree that Maggie Q is a better actress. She is more then offset by how much worse West is then Roy Dupuis. He just doesn't come off as serious no matter how much he tries. Whoever the guy is in person ofinterestwould have been perfect for the role.

I understand the reasoning behind having a divergentstory linebut it's like they took everything interesting from the La Femme Version and cp every spy thriller cliche into this one.

Other notes:

I like Melinda Clarke much better in the role of Amanda/Medeline.

I like the acting Berkeley alot more then that of Xandereven-though the character itself is much weaker.

Lyndsy Fonseca aka Alexandra Udinov isunnecessaryas a character and completely stinks an actress.

jack756

[18]Oct 28, 2011
    • level: 14

this is not a remake of la femme nikita.i dont know why ppl keep saying that.maggie even said herself she dont understand why ppl keep saying that its a remake of la femme nikita when its a remake ofthe movie point of no return as someone else as already mention.