Nikita Forums

The CW (ended 2013)

which story you like best? La Femme Nikita or this Nikita?

goleghasedak

[1]May 10, 2011
    • level: 6

they are completely different story. the only similarity is some names. each has it's own intresting parts. the technologydivisionwas usingin "La Femme Nikita" didn't look real!! the love Story of Michael and Nikita in the original one was better. cases in Nikita are more intresting andcomplicated than original series.

to me story is more important.

how about you?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kanniballl

[2]May 10, 2011
    • level: 18

It's hard to say, they're different yet the same.

Nikita almost looks like it takes place after the film. It starts out years later, she's already broken free and is attacking Division.

La Femme Nikita takes place early in her career as she tries to take Division out from the inside. I don't recall how connected to the film it was.

I liked the supporting characters in La Femme Nikita more: specifically Burkhoff and the ordinance guy.

I think Nikita's Michael does a better job at emoting, the one from La Femme Nikitawas a talking statue at times. This one alternates between serious-face and a human's face.

Alex brings a whole "Nikita: The Next Generation" thing to the table: it's La Femme Nikita 2.0. Young, starting out, feeling betrayed, working on the inside, etc. That has it's pluses and minuses; it gives us a taste of the old show while giving the impression they tried to make it more "hip" by adding the teenage.

I really liked the older show La Femme Nikita when it was current, however I rented the DVDs lately and just couldn't get into the show again.

So..

Right now I like Nikitamore than I like La Femme Nikita since I cannot sit through many of the old episodes.

But back a few years, my enjoyment / love of La Femme Nikita: Season 1was greater than my enjoyment ofNikita: Season 1.

Edited on 05/10/2011 1:26pm
    Edited 3 total times.

goleghasedak

[3]May 11, 2011
    • level: 6

kanniballl wrote:

It's hard to say, they're different yet the same.

Nikita almost looks like it takes place after the film. It starts out years later, she's already broken free and is attacking Division.

La Femme Nikita takes place early in her career as she tries to take Division out from the inside. I don't recall how connected to the film it was.

I liked the supporting characters in La Femme Nikita more: specifically Burkhoff and the ordinance guy.

I think Nikita's Michael does a better job at emoting, the one from La Femme Nikitawas a talking statue at times. This one alternates between serious-face and a human's face.

Alex brings a whole "Nikita: The Next Generation" thing to the table: it's La Femme Nikita 2.0. Young, starting out, feeling betrayed, working on the inside, etc. That has it's pluses and minuses; it gives us a taste of the old show while giving the impression they tried to make it more "hip" by adding the teenage.

I really liked the older show La Femme Nikita when it was current, however I rented the DVDs lately and just couldn't get into the show again.

So..

Right now I like Nikitamore than I like La Femme Nikita since I cannot sit through many of the old episodes.

But back a few years, my enjoyment / love of La Femme Nikita: Season 1was greater than my enjoyment ofNikita: Season 1.

you're right about Micheal in la femme nikita, his face was emotionless! but what was intresting about that was: this robot like face was deeply in love with Nikita, as he accepted consequences of being with Nikita and at the end he decided tofight division because of what they have done to Nikita.

Ingelief

[4]May 15, 2011
    • level: 7

I watced the femme nikita, but especially now after ending the season i like this nikita better, also because i like this michael more I found alex to be a great extra in it!

Its a great season and more to come if we get a second one

elias_jacobson

[5]Jul 5, 2011
    • level: 5
    I liked La Femme Nikita storyline more. But it seems the actors in Nikita are doing slighly a better job. It's really difficult to compare.

Floare-de-colt

[6]Jan 14, 2012
    • level: 5

NIKITA.

RosannaMorris

[7]Feb 17, 2012
    • level: 1
    I have to say I prefer the original.
    Roy Dupuis did a brilliant job of conveying a person emotionally repressed by all the things he had to do and all the things that were done to him. The mystery was in his eyes and his ability to convey feelings with a minimum of expression.. And if you watch the series through to its completion you will see a complete transference of Michael becoming the one more emotional and Nikita becoming (and not as well) someone who represses her feelings.
    It's difficult to think that someone forced to be an assassin and to have bits and pieces of his life destroyed and taken away (as Michael had) would not have an effect on him.
    For those that think the Michael of La Femme Nikita has no emotions..check out the 3rd season . Most notable 'Gates of Hell"..
    and frankly most everything to do with Nikita after that.
    The new Nikita doesn't get across the cost of living that life....and lacks the mystery.

Neejan

[8]Mar 10, 2012
    • level: 3

Nikita, because of the action which can be incorporated more easily in that storyline.

14314u

[9]Apr 10, 2012
    • level: 2

I've just finished watching season 1 to 5 of Le Femme Nikita.

To me, Le Femme Nikita is more drama action, specially once Michael and Nikita got together and the Operations and Madeline had been trying several timeto seperate them by force. I guessed this was the major point of the story line that made the whole seasons were very exciting and made people watched it unstopable. It happened to me anyway.

Michael characterin Le Femme Nikita was darker than in Nikita. He'd been througha hell lot of things those were created by the Operations and Madeline for the sake of he had to do his jobs for whatever he had to take. He was accepted these all and still loyal to Section One, until Nikita came into his life. We could see the changes in his emotions (mostly from his eyescontact with Nikita)once he finally admitted that he was deeplyin love with Nikita and he cared about her very much. I always loved to hear whenever he said "Nikita" to her, it was different than anyone elses (from this tiny bits of scene, we could see that he always treated Nikita differently and she was very precious to him). Whereas in Nikita, Michael was more liberate and "lighter"

Nikita character in Le Femme Nikita was also darker than in Nikita, because we were following her since she was a little girl who was neglected by her parents, grew up in rough environment and using drugs. Then one day she was framed to murder that she didn't commit and ended up in Section One. We were following her ordeals since beginning till she ended up to control the Section One. But therewas still a bitterness that until the end she still couldn't be together with Michael outside the life she hated so much, as she was trapped in Section One for her whole life where it had been her own father's (Mr Jones) obssesion and his only main goal wasto train her to be the leader of Section One. Whereas in Nikita we could see these partsfrom Alex instead of from Nikita herself.

Bircoff character in Le Femme Nikita was more fun to watch than in Nikita, as a geek and genious who only had couple friends (and girl friends) inside the Section, he gota strong mind and character. I think, Mathew Fergusson who played this character (then in season 4, he played Bircoff's twin brother, Jason) was doing a good job.

By saying all the above, Nikita is not a bad TV series. It's only based on "Nikita" the movie, some basic story lines/characters are used for this serie, but most of them are different than the movies and Le Femme Nikita series. As I've watched all of them (the movies : The Original version, the Hollywood version, Le Femme Nikita and now Nikita), in some part of the stories line of each and every one of them have got positive and negative.

Sadly that Le Femme Nikita only last to season 5 (the last 8 episodes were created because of stronglydemand from itsfanatic fans. Thanks to them, as at least we could see the "happy ending" of Michael who could go out from the Section One and reunited with his son, Adam. At last, not everyone he loved (his sister, Simone/his first wife, Elena/his second wife, then Nikita) were taken away from him by force). I hope thatNikita could survivelonger than Le Femme Nikita with more exciting story lines those could attract more and more viewer to keep the show going.

DougClark2

[10]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 3

From the original Luc Besson French version through the TV adaptation and even the much maligned 'Point of No Return'...this is a story I've always enjoyed and am quick to look past any little faults or flaws

Between the quality of the original film and the depth pursued in the TV show, I think we've gotten a pretty good handle on life within Division and how things work. The story that I'd always wanted to see told is what happened after Nikita escapes Division and I was thrilled to see this is the direction this new show took when it premiered last season

Which show is better? It's hard to say because other than the source material, they're almost completely different. Even though the characters are the same, their surroundings and circumstances have changed so much that you can't really expect them to be the same people

The production value, like any US remake is going to be much higher so hard to compare apples to apples. Same goes for the aforementioned plot lines. I think it just comes down to how much you like the actors/character interpretations

Nikita: Peta Wilson vs Maggie Q
    - I think this is a push. Maggie is better at kicking ass and taking names, but I think Peta was much better at playing the emotionally damaged character Nikita is

Operations/Percy: Eugene Robert Glazer vs Xander Berkeley
    - Both equally ruthless, but Xander wins because he once flew a plane with a nuclear bomb on board into the desert to save LA in 24

Michael: Roy Dupuis vs Shane West
    - Shane's Michael was a whole lot more emotional than Roy's...but I don't know if that's by design. While in Division, Michael was literally a robot so I can see why he'd be played that way. But, nod to Shane

Birkoff: Matthew Ferguson vs Aaron Stanford
    - Removing the whole ridiculous twin story arc from the equation, I much preferred Matthew's ultra nerd Birkoff. Now, if this was Pyro vs Birkoff...Arron wins hands down

Madeline/Amanda: Alberta Watson vs Melinda Clarke
    - Toughest call for me. Melinda Clarke has the whole vamp/villain/cougar role down to a science but similar to Nikita, I like Alberta's version when it comes to the damaged emotional side

Verdict: Nikita edges out La Femme by a score of 2-1-2

I think I'll just enjoy memories of both the past versions along with this new one and try to count the number of actors who have crossed over between various incarnations and 24...I think it's 5 and counting

TrijnieWanders

[11]Apr 22, 2012
    • level: 2

I never like "La femme Nikita" and stopped watching it afer a couple of episodes. I'm just loving Nikita. Looking forward to seeing it every week.