Nikita

Innocence

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Oct 26, 2012 on The CW

• Spy Kids

A decent enough episode, although you can't help but wonder if the writers whipped up this tale after watching a certain, nifty little spy-flick called ''Hannah''. There's even the similar, less brutal misdirection when ''Sarah'' begins to cry, luring the on-site guard into a pulverizing of the tweeniest kind. Elsewhere, season 3 still finds time to bring the funny, and I'm starting to enjoy the new aspects of working for a good agency (the mini-undercover segments are fun; Alias was a spy series that knew how to keep things interesting during these parts), however this also felt like yet another filler episode. Where's Amanda? Is there going to be another Big Bad, so to speak? Don't get me wrong, some of the relaxed character beats are very much welcomed -- we're starting to see this lot less like full-time spy people are more like people-people -- but Nikita always worked at its best when it had an intense storyline driving things forward. This was still all very watchable and entertaining, I just couldn't help but feel I was watching Nikita-lite.