Nikita

Pandora

Aired Friday 8:00 PM May 12, 2011 on The CW

• Nikita and Micheal, headed to the storm, all alone.

wow! what a season final! ends everything and starts new things.
    full of suprises, thats why I like this show.
    suddenly every important people in Division turned against Percy, he deserve that!
    Alex decided to work solo and she became who scared her in her dreams and she has a very tempting proposal leading her forward.
    looks like that secret group are trying to build a new Division and for getting there they need to find Nikita and make sure their secrets are safe.
    Bircoffe, he made a right choise and a wise move by letting Micheal out of his cell. he is not a coward! he did something to protect his friends.
    Micheal and Nikita both were deeply in trouble. watching Micheal in that situation was hurtful! so was Nikita's. now they are together and seriously in danger. it's ok they can take care of themselves and each other.
    the last thing we saw was two of them driving in a long road and quiet ground and it ends up with a storm they were going toward when the whole country is hunting them down.
  • Can you say out of character much??

Okay so sure. Overall this was a pretty exciting episode. HOWEVER. What the heck was up with Alex?? Her actions, especially at the end, were so out of character it was absolutely ridiculous! After EVERYTHING that Nikita did for her, Alex would NEVER betray Nikita like that. I mean sure I can understand Alex becoming a tad bit upset at the fact that Nikita was too scared to tell Alex up front. But come on. Nikita is human too. She valued Alex's friendship and didn't want to risk ruining that. Yes it was a mistake on Nikita's part but it was an honest and very human mistake. Nikita has done SO much for Alex; and Nikita obviously cares a lot about her. Obviously. Even Alex must see this. I just can't fathom why the script writers or the director or whoever was in charge of this episode would have Alex act so OOC! (out of character) Pisses me off.
  • This finale episode was full of surprises and it kept you guessing.

But one of the important things, that is Alex was not played well. I really liked Alex, maybe more than Nikita but after all that Nikita had done for her, this should not have ended this way. Killing Nikita was essential for Alex to save her life but leaving Nikita at the end and then being caught was not what should have happened.
    I really hope that there will be a second season and that the relationship between Nikita and Alex is good again although I don't think this will happen as probably now Nikita and Alex want different things and will be on different sides. Another grave mistake by Alex after she's helped and saved so many times by Nikita even thinks of betraying her.
  • Just when you thought it couldn't get better...

I've just finished watching the season one finale and I'm missing this show already. My Wednesday nights are going to be so much duller for a time. But I'm delighted we got a season two.

There were times, watching this season, when I couldn't imagine what was left for them to tell us - so much was packed in. But in a finale which gave us plenty of trademark action, sizzling pace, great character moments and twists and turns galore, we ended up with all of the major players in position and set up to keep us guessing into season two.

A terrific ending to a wonderful season. Roll on season two. I can't wait to find out where we go from here!

• Great finish to a great first season!

This episode had everything in it. Great storyline with some nice twists and turns.

Great game changer with Amanda & Alex joining forces in the Oversight. On the other hand Michael & Nikita are much stronger together.

There is a great chance we see even better Season 2. Why not even more seasons! Enjoy it, fans!

• The season finale of Nikita didn't do very well in keeping pace, shock with twists or blow away the audience with action scenes.

5.5
    Sure, there was some of everything, with the main character presumed death, two organizations set out to kill everyone else and the loyalty of the protoge put in question. But neither of these stories really found rooting. If anything, they felt too loose. There wasn't really a sense of a full season story. Having the seen the pilot, I wonder what on earth were the other twenty episodes about?
    All of it felt too far stretched, what with the adrenaline kicks, muscle relaxers and nerve gas or whatever was in the box. The ending with Percy suddenly awake and completely in control again and Michael and Nikita happily driving over state roads, the only remaining question is how serious does this show want us to take it?
    There were some good points. The struggle of Alex was very interesting and Melinda Clarke is perfect regardless of what she does. Maybe it's a perfect example of having to watch the complete season to understand this but even with my full attention, I still have no idea how this story makes any sense.
  • Bringing the Past to meet the Present.

Loved the episode they even brought a part of the past from the original USA Network series Le Femme Nikita by having Amanda from the original series as part of Oversight. Can't wait til the new season begins and this is not a series I can stay away from the intrigue and the fight scenes are awesome. We will have to wait and sees what happens with Alex and Nikita's friendship will she truly turn on Nikita or will she play Oversight to get what she wants. I can see an interesting storyline coming from this. The ending was kind of ominous with Michael and Nikita driving down the road towards a storm instead of a sunset. Is this a sign of what is to come.
  • Interesting.

I was upset about a lot of things in this episode. After everything Nikita and Alex did for each other, Alex would betray Nikita and try and kill her. The only good things about this episode was Burkoff working with Michael and Nikita and Michael's relationship. And Amanda letting Alex go was a surprise, but the ending ruined it. I used to like Amanda because she was evil, but she was awesome. Now, I think she's just evil, and I dont like her. And now Percy is going insane trying to kill Nikita. I also hate how it's only Nikita and Michael now, and they're on their own. I loved this show, but, honestly, I think it's gonna go downhill.
  • Pandora...

After the revelations of last week's Nikita I was worried for the show. I was worried that the writers had backed themselves into a corner that would require far too intricate or far too stupid a story to realistically get out of. Needless to say, my worry was unfounded. Countless times in the 22 episode run of the show's first season, story lines have developed leading us as viewers to believe that one thing will happen, when something entirely different is on the horizon. The finale "Pandora" lived up to its legacy and delivered possibly the best episode of the series in terms of hard hitting content, whilst all the while providing the action that many viewers are looking for. The episode opened following immediately on from last week's cliffhanger in which Alex may or may not have just shot Nikita. Pretty quickly it is revealed to us that this is the case, and that the titular hero is dead. The one bad thing about having a show be named after a specific character really comes to light in that moment as, despite her clearly being dead, we all know that you can't have Nikita without Nikita. When Jack Bauer died at the end of the fourth season of 24, there was undoubtedly a large percentage of any viewer's brain telling them that he can't possibly be dead, but the tiny seed of doubt that made you think "did that really just happen?" is what made the moment so powerful. Ultimately, Jack, much like Nikita, wasn't really dead and in fact the two of them had their revival play out in pretty much the same way. We see in flashback that after shooting Nikita's body armor, Alex quickly discarded her monitoring device and injected her with tetrodotoxin, a paralytic that would make her appear dead until the Division cleaner flushed her system before discarding her body.

Whilst our hero rises from the dead we come to understand the true motivations of Percy when we get a glimpse of Oversight for the first time. Essentially Percy's plan is to kill the director of the CIA so that he can become its new leader, giving him access to a much larger budget to run his operations as he sees fit. Whilst the reveal of his plan was actually somewhat underwhelming given the importance that had been attributed to operation Sparrow, having it not be quite so grandiose as killing the President (a previously mentioned possibility as to what the operation was) was actually a good move on the part of the writers. Keeping the plot realistically self contained whilst having it be of critical importance to our characters is the only way in which we can give any weight to the narrative before us. We, as viewers, cannot conceivably believe that a government agency would manage to remain secret if it were taking over the country in such a sublime fashion.

From this point on the entire episode focuses on the shift of power throughout the government and Division itself. Whilst Nikita works to stop the attack on the CIA, Amanda and Birkhoff begin to make moves against Percy from within. Amanda chooses to rebel by freeing the traitorous Alex - killing her and then bringing her back to life now free from the tracker in her kill chip. One of the biggest character moments for Alex then comes when she is given freedom to make up her own mind about her future. When Amanda advises her to leave the fight behind and disappear with her freedom, Alex decides to go and visit Nikita one last time against her wishes. Birkhoff's rebellion comes in the form of freeing Michael. Opening his cell remotely, Birkhoff allows Michael to attack Percy in his office and take possession of his own personal black box. Although we have never specifically been told, one can imagine that Percy's box holds all of the most critical information about Division operations, making Michael's ownership of it a huge deal for the second season if it is picked up.

Outside of the covert castle, Nikita's attempts to stop the attack on the CIA are successful, however she is captured as a result of storming into their headquarters. When the director doesn't believe her story about Division being responsible for the attack, Ryan - her man on the inside with first hand knowledge of Division's power - breaks her out of custody. Ryan's character has been a useful one throughout this first season, and without him the entire ending to the finale would have been very disappointing, however, his existence in the second season might be somewhat redundant. Obviously no longer an agent of the CIA after holding his boss at gunpoint, it would likely best serve the show if he disappeared quickly next year. As the episode winds down Nikita and Alex have their inevitable emotional confrontation over Nikita's killing of Alex's father - a beat that I felt didn't actually work as well as it should have. The two have played off each other so well despite rarely being in the same room for much of the season, but when a real face-to-face heart-to-heart was required, it felt a little unnatural. The mandatory colossal fight scene then occurs when Percy sends in a team to take out the two traitors but naturally the women get away without a scratch. They then proceed to part ways; Nikita running away with Michael whilst Alex is kidnapped and brought before Oversight. Declaring Nikita the biggest threat to national security, Oversight offer to back Alex if she helps them to hunt down our hero whilst pursuing her own goals of killing the mole in her father's empire responsible for his death. The final reveal of the finale comes to us when Amanda is revealed to be a part of the Oversight team and she seemingly convinces Alex to go along with the plan.

"Pandora" was a fairly good finale in retrospect. It brought everything together in a more than satisfactory way, its only problem lies with the fate of the show as a whole. With still no official word on whether or not a second season will be rewarded, the open ended close to the season may have served only to frustrate fans at what could have been if the show doesn't live on. The characters are all set up to have their significant parts to play in a strong story, taking us far beyond Division and looking at the consequences of their actions. We now must all wait and see if it has all been worth it.
  • Predictable

Don't get me wrong. Predictable isn't necessarily a bad thing. I knew Nikita, Alex and Michael would all survive. I didn't expect Birchoff and Natalie to betray Percy. Nor did I expect Fletcher to help Nikita escape. The writers might have written themselves into corners. So no ten out of ten. But will Percy be back next season? If Oversight goes after Nikita and Percy is Public Enemy #3 (after Nikita and Michael) then Percy might as well put whatever resources he has left to help Nikita. It's going to be interesting.