Nikita

The CW (ended 2013)

TV123456

Nikita Fan Reviews (84)

• Start to finish, an incredible ride, the likes of which TV hasn't seen for a long time

It started as a good, entertaining show, which doesn't take its viewers for morons (a novelty in itself) - taking the time to develop both stories and characters, with strong standalone episodes, each moving the continuing story forward. From the pilot on, they went for a steady rhythm, never slowing down for two-bit fillers, and to my surprise it never let up to the mind-blowing two-part finale.
    I'm not one to fall head over heels for tv shows (anymore), but this one had me at the edge of my seat to the last minute, and I can't wait for next season! Kudos
  • Almost decade after Nikita finally comes back. About time too. Nikita is a spy for the government who goes rogue and tries to bring the company down (which has gone rogue aswell. Furthermore she plants a teenage spy in the company...

Almost decade after Nikita finally comes back. About time too. Nikita is a spy for the government who goes rogue and tries to bring the company down (which has gone rogue aswell. Furthermore she plants a teenage spy in the company to take them down from the inside. Although the show has just begun, it has a great premise to continue the legacy of La Femme Nikita. The cast is great starring the beautifull Maggie Q (Nikita), desperate housewive's Lyndsy Fonseca (Nikita's pupil Alex) and the young hunk Shane West from the League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen as Michael, the second in command of the Company. The idea that a government agency would go rogue is an old one, but still, putting Nikita in such a setting makes sense and should make for a good series. Let us all pray now, that they don't screw it up.
  • Nikita is a plot line that has been done to death. However, I really feel the like the new show has the potential to be great.

Unlike other reviews I am basing my review on the actual show. Not its predecessors. I have seen so many reviews that focus on how the main actress is not blonde or how the old La Femme Nikita had a better cast and loads of other superficial type things. I have never watched the original French version or the USA show, however I did see Point of No Return and my comment is, yes the plot line is the same but that doesn't mean this show cannot be great. I was impressed with the pilot. I believed Maggie Q and I feel that she has a great mix of stoic and playful. Yes she is thin and Asian but so what does it matter what someone looks like?!? I thought the plot line was great and I love the dynamic of Alex being in the inside, I can't wait to see how the characters grow together. The only point that I have seen used to death that I actually agree with would be the fact that the company is a US organization. I believe it would have been better if Division was more ambiguous. All in all I'm excited about the show and will base my opinions strictly on what I think about this show and not any others. If you have an open mind and do not want an exact replica of the same story, give Nikita a try, you may just be surprised.
  • This show's got potential...reminds me of Dark Angel

Well, they never brought back Dark Angel after it's premature canceling by FOX after season 2, but I guess this is the next best thing! This show has a lot of the elements that Dark Angel had - smoldering hot lead (Jessica Alba in Dark Angel, Maggie Q in this show), super soldiers/spies, government conspiracies, etc.

Dark Angel had the advantage & disadvantage of being on FOX - a big budget, but a network known for making bad decisions and axing shows early. Nikita is on a small-budget network, but if the show continues it promise, there's no reason to think this show can't last for several seasons.

Some people are bagging on the show for being unrealistic. You think?! It's a B-movie script brought to life as a weekly TV show. Maggie Q is supposed to be eye candy, no one wants to see some 215lb ripped chick in the role kickin' ace! I agree that the acting is sub-par, but you have to approach this show with the same approach you take to watching a Seagal flick, for example. It's a B-movie script, with B-movie acting, and a very sexy Maggie Q and that's what makes it fun!
  • a great show the best in 2010!!!

The story is really great!! The casting is really good and the action scenes are well done!! I hope to see the next episode soon because the last episode was just amazing!!! I think we gonna have lot of new surprises very soon!!!Nikita reminds me of Alias in a different way but I enjoyed so much to have again that kind of show!!! Compare to the Event or V It makes a real difference. Actually it is the only action serie which has a interest on my point of view specially regarding new tv shows regarding this year I hope to see the next episode soon!!!!!
  • pleasantly surprised

i have to say when i saw the trailers i thought it was just going to be another one of those crime fighting shows, where they look for criminals. But after watching the first episode i was surprised because i really enjoyed it, and i thought it was really good. After that i found myself watching it every week, and now i can't stop it's really addicting, and i always find my self on the edge of my seat, never knowing what's going to happen next. I think that this show defiantly has the potential to last for several seasons.
  • A very entertaining show.

Yes, the show is definitely entertaining with quite a talented cast but the story writing could be much better. You see, the episodes must be very much intertwined with the previous. I skipped an episode and didn't even notice it or find that there was some change in plot. You can't just assign random tasks and operations in every episode and the plot needs to move on. I would like to see how the Zetrov plot goes. Other than that theres not much plot in there. The fighting scenes in the show are excellent and that's primarily the reason why I really love the show. There's a lot of potential for this show to be sensational but the writing must improve considerably. It's entertaining and fun but it feels like there isn't much depth in the storyline and theres no knowing how far they can go with continuing this way but I really hope there is improvement in the script.
  • Okay so it's been done already, but this Nikita is totally different from the others. This story is different too. I like it more, a lot more. It's more energetic, more entertaining, like the cast a lot and it has more twists than the old ones

Admittedly it has some similarities with the other nikita's (movie and series) as it must since they are the basis for this series. But the storyline is basic yet novel. It's fast paced, has all the right attributes: action, betrayal, love, friendship, loyalties and twists. A lot of twists. A few you can see coming, others I didn't see coming at all (Amanda for instance) I'm glad they are creating a second season but I hope they will give it a proper ending if for one or other reason the TV company decides to cut it before a third season is considered. Like they did here. It's open and one can expect more, yet if it ends we all know what will happen next. Hoping to catch it next year.
  • The CW got theirselves a great entertainment drama action for sure.

Wow! Nikita is one quite interesting drama action tv series, involving around government agent effect trying to destory people lives. I like seeing these 3 guys at work trying to stop the goverment agent ever destorying people lives. I grow like Nikita each episode airs. Oh, Man! I most definitely see Nikita like No Point of Return feature film.
  • Great remake. It is amazing what difference can make 10+ years to the storyline of such show.

La Femme Nikita was one of my favorite shows back in the days. I enjoyed every episode of it.

Now when I saw there is a remake of this show named Nikita I was glued again. I remembered the good old times.

The current show Nikita's storyline is somewhat different, somewhat fresh and new, it gives wings to the show. I see no reason it couldn't stay long on air.

I am so excited!

• It's not bad. But the new Michael and Birkhoff are not as addicting as they were in La Femme. Explanations of actions (Alex's in the season ender) not so believable.

It's not bad. Explanations of actions (Alex's in the season ender) not so believable.But the new Michael and Birkhoff are not as addicting/relatable/likeable as they were in La Femme. Birkhof just looks like a couch potato, not a nerd. They're not optimizing the use of Lady Heather. Percy has no presence as Operations did. I love that they brought back the old Madeline.

• Nikita vs LFN

4.5
    After I watched this show I went online and looked to see if it was remade from a movie or show because at the moment that's what it looks like their doing. ;? And I found the old La femme nikita show. and it looks much better than this show does right now. though i'm still undecided as to whether or not i'd like this show (new) or just go watch the other (old). but it's early yet so i guess we'll see what comes up in this new Nikita. PS: Birkoff is totally adorable (old) PSS: Like old nikita a lil bit better she has a more obvious toughness when she needs it. new nikita seems too vulnerable: plus spy/assassin taking on division for her lost loved one. come on. (apologies to those who like the new one better, but this is my opinion)
  • an adaption of Luc Besson's movie

I have marked this show with a five because It's not that i do not like this show but it is the kind of story that make me bored after 30 minutes. Usually when I watch a show I'm not focused on the tv I'm always doing other stuff at the same time... So if the plot is kind of tricky the show have to be really good to get all my attention and for Nikita it was not good enough (and I fell asleep after 30 minutes) so I won't say that this show is bad but it is not the kind of show that keep me watching it.
  • Entertaining, but somewhat of a mediocre re-imagination of Nikita

Before criticizing, I have to say, this show is somewhat entertaining,
    despite several flaws with it, but after watching 8 episodes, I'm not
    really interesting in continue watching.

Let's start with the casting, or should I say miscasting, most of the
    recruits look like they are in a high school drama, nearly all of the
    acting is just plain flat and they have no personality, with the
    exception of one good episode, episode 7.

Percy, their evil leader, looks like an alcoholic, doesn't matter where
    he is, always has a glass of whiskey, Michael, the character, is also
    flat, but somehow Shane West manages to make him watchable, but the
    worst of all is Nikita.

Maggie Q is awful as an actress portraying Nikita, it doesn't help that
    this new version of Nikita is awful also, she is supposed to be a bad
    ass that somehow ALWAYS win, doesn't matter she is going against a
    major organization, but the actress, looks like a concentration camp
    survivor, an ultra skinny model, she looks like she is gonna broke if a
    strong wind hits her, much less a super athletic rogue agent who can
    destroy an underground intelligence agency, and when she isn't looking
    like she needs some food, and trust me, I love skinny women, she looks
    like a socialite, that should be playing someone's mom on Gossip Girl,
    with major designer clothes everywhere she goes, even the field, she
    even has some antique cars to go with her clothes, it's ridiculous
    really, to be fair, the actress did begin have gained a few pounds in
    the last two episodes I saw and looked more like an agent than a size
    double zero model, body-wise I mean.

Plot-wise, the old La Femme Nikita (1997-2001) had some over the top
    stories, always, but that made it interesting, with some awesome
    soundtrack, here, most of the plot is laughable, that somehow Nikita
    and her accomplice manages to thwart and have a happy ending, it
    doesn't help that most of the stories have huge plot holes, that she is
    always an inch from Division, the rogue organization, and always escape
    unharmed, the whole story backing up Division is ludicrous, you have to
    see it, to believe how silly it is.

Overall this show has it's moments, but that wears off quickly,
    mediocre show, awful re-imagination of a very entertaining series and
    movie.

Rate 4/10.
  • nikita is a rogue assassin who wants to bring down the people who made her called division.

nikita was a woman who had did a horrible crime.division offer nikita a new life to start over fresh with a clean slate if she works for them.

nikita decide to work for division.nikita was order to kill people and do other crazy things.nikita followed orders for her freedom.

nikita finally meet a man who she fall in love with.he ask her to marry him and she said yes.nikita didnt want to get married until she told her boyfriend the truth about who she really is.nikita told him and eventually division found out and killed him.

ever since then nikita boyfriend died nikita as quit division and decide to get revenged on division for turning her into a killer and killing the love of her life.

nikita is set out to destory division with the help of some people who i wont name b/c it changes as the seasons go on.

i dont want to give too much away but the show as very good writing.the episodes and plot are alot easier to follow then alias episodes and plots.

maggie q plays the main character nikita very well.maggie is very beautiful and has the acting skills to match.maggie even does all her own stunts just like jennifer garner and its very nice to see an actor or actress that deticated to the role.

the writing is good,the acting good,maggie great at all her stunts and this show as alot of twists and turns.its similair to the show alias expect for the fact nikita is alot more likable and the plots are alot easier to follow..
  • Feelings and thoughts about the season 2, talking about a couple of specific touching episodes.

I love that this amazing show puts love and family in a big prospect. The second season gets even more intense and suspenseful. And they do an episode on Belarus, which is surprising because it's a small country with only 9 million people. I'm from Belarus, I'm Belarussian! The actors couldn't fit their role better. I would like to meet them someday, at least Nikita, Michael, and Alexandra. Chat with them over a cup of tea, practice some mind blasting stunts. Episode seven made me sorta cry... how could Michael say "I love you more than you can ever imagine" and "we'll be over" in the same paragraph? How could they take away Yuri from Alex? I'm guessing Alex will join Nikita's side soon. I hope so, because I'm on both of their sides.

• Eventhough the old show is so much better, this take on nikita has its charm as well!

I enjoy this new take on Nikita, however, i must admit that i find the scriptwriting and instruction of the old "La Femme Nikita" show to be a bit better. Especially the characters and structure of Division.

What do i mean by that?

Characters:

Nikita - Though i hottie, are you guys really expecting us to buy that this skeleton can fight on par with other agents? ..AND in like 10cm high, stripper heels?...Common! I know that martial arts training has its advantages, but you cant let a stick of butter fight a tank, that simply won't do. I kinda get the feeling that she was chosen ONLY because of the sex-appeal. Grow some muscle on her, and let her act abit more tactical and we have us a star! :D

Birkoff - was so much smarter in the old series, though a complete wimp compared to the new version! Right now im not sure which one i like better.

Michael - I'm actually kinda dissapointed in the direction they went with him since the old version was sooo much more a badarse compared to the new one, not the actors fault.

Operations: New one is such a douche, the old one would eat him for breakfast.

Amanda: Same goes for this character, Madeline would destroy her in 3 moves!

Walter: where is walter? i miss walter, he was a this old-timer, badarse agent who handled all weapons and gadgets. The plece seems poorer without him.

Division:

In the old series you had Oversight at the top (if i remember correct), then Division and last, several cell operations called Section 1-?. The old Nikita series focused on Section 1, where these characters was located. Now the reason why im not impressed with the new Organisation is because it seems so small and cheap compared to the old one. Headquarters of the old one was so much more impressive, not looking like some WW2 bunker with a few computers. Also, in the new show, they seem to have melted the farm and the promising agents together.

Anyway, i could prob. ramble on forever. Basicly i think fans of the old show should give the new one a chance, but not get their expectations too high. This show has a whole new take on Nikita compared to the old one, but the budget almost seem lower. (at least the queality is).

• i have seen all of the nikitas

I am a big fan of nikita. I love how they have given it a new story line. One thing I am not impressed with is that after 2 episodes of the mid season break we get a 3 week break. Believe that the show is doing great and should get picked up for more episodes.

But I love love love the cast.
  • The original or the cover?

Both versions of Nikita are excellent, IMHO, but the original stands out and is more memorable, especially thanks to the music. There were some excellent songs, like "Dragula" by Rob Zombie, "Love Thieves" by Depeche Mode and "Modern Crusader" by Enigma which added to the episodes.

Also, I miss Walter (played by Don Francks) and Birkoff (Matthew Furguson) from the original...Walter was funny, but cool, and I liked Birkoff, but hated when they killed him off...so sad).
  • Nikita, Nikita, Nikita

I just finished watching Nikita and it was great. I love the new team, which is better than Nikita being all by herself. Michael destroyed his apprentice in that hand-to-hand fight. Alex is a beautiful woman and she is kind of tough. The characters are, indeed, fantastic. I hope that this show goes on for years to come.
  • Great Show!! Hope it continues.

I have been watching Nikita since it started airing and have gone back to rewatch all of the episodes. I was a big fan of the first season andt the direction they have taken the story in the second has only improved the show and the dynamic between the characters. I have suggested this show to many of my friend and would suggest it to anyone who is interested.
  • A great show and I hope it continues.

All I can say is I love it alot and I hope it comes back
  • New season of crapita -_-

I would not recommend it for those who plan to watch this series. The first season was ok, but season two was just crap in comparison. So should it create a new season, no thanks, I say.

Peace out
  • CAN,T waIT For MOre

watched both seasons in a week ..great show
  • looks do kill.

Nikita the new Lady jason bourne.Very well executed show.Episodes are fast paced action packed and cinematic.Each episode keeps u interested.I highly recommend this to all action lovers.
  • Can't wait to see more!

I can not wait for the next episode. I am excited to see what happens in season 3!! I also can't wait to see the relationship develop between Alex and Sean.. I love them together. :)
  • Pretty boring tv series every

Im sorry to say this but worst tv series every i have ever seen. OMG why so dramatic Bloody hell
  • Why is the makeup and costuming so awful?

I enjoyed season 1 and am halfway through season 2. Definitely seems to be going downhill. And Maggie Q is a beautiful lady but the CW folks are making her look like a hag. Her skin and hair both look awful and they dress her like a 13-year old half the time. It's ridiculous.
  • This show will NEVER compare to the original "La Femme Nikita"

I have tried to watch this remake three different times and it cannot hold my interest. The original "La Femme Nikita" was so much better. I can't understand why this show is so popular.
  • How is this show still on the air?

This show has the worst ratings on tv. NO ONE watches it. The CW keeps renewing it for syndication, or for whatever reason the CW keeps dogs around forever. But it is literally one of the worst rated shows on tv. I have never watched it, and I won't start now, but seriously/ Who watches this thing? Why?
< 1 2 3