Nikita

The Guardian

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Oct 07, 2010 on The CW

• This show is starting to kick major ass.

Nikita has seemingly found its groove, and once again offers up a killer episode. It's far from perfect - besides Nikita and Alex, most of the main characters are still fairly one-dimensional - but we're introduced to a very promising character, Owen, an operative under the call sign The Guardian. He manages to muster up more chemistry with Nikita in one episode than Michael in five. That says a lot. He also ups the action quota considerably; his smackdown with Nikita was awesome, and he unleashed all kinds of ass whoopery on The Cleaner (who is an awesome villain). The whole ordeal with the black box is a bit of a red herring, it's never addressed why Percy wanted Owen to retrieve it in the first place. While I also enjoyed Alex sneaking into Percy's office and planting a bug on Birkhoff, her scenes weren't all that great when she had to deal with Jaden and Thom. Still, this show is progressing nicely, and Maggie Q, once again, delivers the goods. I love her 'plain Jane' moments, she's such a diverse actress. And even though she has such a slender frame, you genuinely believe she could kick anyone's ass. And much like my opinion of Maggie Q, this show is starting to kick major ass too!