Ninja Scroll Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2004)

What's with all the freaks?!

Ultimate_Critic

[1]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 12
    I watched the anime after watching the film (which I reallly enjoyed). I had expected much of the same; dark, sketchy animation, tough low voices and a fare amount of blood. Upon watching the anime though, all I could think about was those damn freaks! Why can't Jubai just fight regular ninja? Why, where, how, who and what the hell are all of these ridiculous creatures?! It ruins the show, which could have potentially been a great classic anime series rather than just a known anime series.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sirenofthenorth

[2]May 2, 2007
    • level: 3

The "Freaks" are Ninja from two different clans, The Hiruko clan, and the Kimon Clan. Both are after the Light Maiden, who is Shigure, but one clan, the Hiruko, are the ones who worship her and wish for her to lead them. The Hiruko, seem to be the more "human" ninjas of the two clans, but all the "freaks" are ninja. The Kimon clan just wants the Light Maiden to get the treasure of the Ancients, so obviously, they are the evil, and they seem to be more freak-ish and disturbing.

If Jubei had to fight boring everyday ninja, or samurai, we would never see his true skills. I think the shows perfect, but that's my opinion.

Trollwrangler

[3]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 5

If you want to see a ninja fighting another "normal" ninja go watch Naruto. Oh wait a second... oh screw it, I can't think of a good anime about ninjas beside Ninja Scroll. I like the manga of Naruto and all, but the anime's got NOTHING on ninja scroll. Ninja Scroll is like an insanely better version of Naruto.

In response to the Freaks messing with the show, that's not really true. I can see that a wealth of inhuman weirdos can just make you go fruity and try to wash the images from your brain with a baltine hammer, but that's not the case. Most of the ninja aren't completely inhuman, but seem to possess an extra quality that makes them formiddable. In a way, it's their special ninja techniques. Just presented in a more realistic way than in Naruto... I've got to stop knocking Naruto like this. But it just pales in comparison to Ninja Scroll.

Later.

Edited on 07/01/2007 2:44am

halfbaked7777

[4]Nov 30, 2007
    • level: 3
    Well it's not about ninja's but 'Samurai Champloo' has awesome swordfights and animations, i think that's what you're looking for.
    Except for the fillers there's nothing that comes remotely close to the freakyness called Ninja Scroll: the series.

leofiregod

[5]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 7
    the "freaks" are what made each fight unique.That's what seperates this show from others.