Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation

FOX (ended 1998)

RaijinPaladinix

Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation Fan Reviews (7)

6.8
  • I will admit I watched this as a kid and liked it. At the time, I thought it was awsome, but without the novelty of Ninja Turtles, there was nothing enjoyable or redeemable about it.

1.5
    The turtles themselves looked rather goofy, even when compared to Ninja Turtles 3. Also, the voice work seemed off to me. I disliked the lack of connection it had to any previous TMNT media. Also, there was no April, no Casey, no mention about the ooze that mutated the turtles or its backstory, other than that there was a fifth turtle. Oh yeah, a female ninja turtle... that just doesn't seem right. Especially her voice, role, "weapon" and the obvious fact the creators did no research with the word "shinobi", as it is has no relation to magic or chinese. I wasn't too kind of the new villains. Shredder was barely in it, which would be okay since he was barely in the comic books. The villains we do get were... well... an abominable snowman who, along with his gang, talk like 50's gangsters, really?

This show came out on 1997 and ended on 1998. And it would be 5 years later before Fox released another Ninja Turtles where they figured out how to do it right.