Nip/Tuck

Antonia Ramos

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 14, 2003 on FX

• Gina: \"Oh S**t S**t S**t God dammit!\" Christian: \"Have you met the mother of my child? Lovely isn\'t she?\"

I found Christian and Gina\'s attempts at parenthood amusing. Christian seemed to be the better person this time around. He tried to keep Gina from her old bad habits (smoking and sex), and in the end he even let her sleep in his bed. Having a child does seem to bring out the best in him. While Gina and Christian are one of the most bizarre couples around, I like the strange love/hate relationship they have. The ending scene showed that they do have some chance as a couple. While it would be nice if they lasted, I just don\'t think it will happen. But I\'ll go along with it for now.
    Escobar is one of a kind. He is humorous, refers to people by \"gentlemen\", and jams out to 80s music. He would be a fun character if he weren’t so darn evil!

Escobar coming to Sean\'s house and threatening Julia was effectively creepy, and had me at the edge of my seat. He definitely is one of the most twisted characters this season, and I found some of the things he did to those ladies vile. Escobar didn\'t even care when Antonia Ramos was dying on the bed, all he cared about was the heroin inside her breast implants. The whole storyline was very effective, especially as Antonia cried about returning home, saying her family was counting on her for money.

I was a little disappointed with the Sophia Lopez rehash storyline though. They already dealt with the “finding acceptance” lesson with Sean, and it felt a little deja vu with it happening all over again except this time to Julia. I thought they should have dealt instead with the outcome of Henry telling Cara the truth about the hit and run. But overall it was still a solid episode.

Final Notes and Quotes

- I loved that Liz decided to help out Sean and Christian without even being asked to.

- How much time has passed since the last episode? Gina\'s already gotten pretty big, so I\'m going to guess around 6-7 months.

- Character Tidbits: Gina\'s last name is Russo, and she lives on a boat called \"Good Ship Lollipop\".

- No Grace in this episode, which I thought was a little strange given all that was going on with the business.

Sean: \"Maybe if you laid off the cocaine you wouldn\'t be so paranoid.\"
    Escobar: \"You need to watch your mouth. I don\'t tolerate rudeness at the dinner hour\"

Final Rating: This was an intense episode, 3 out of 4 stars.

- Tim Bronx
    Find this and many other reviews at: www.motionpicturereviews.com