Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

5.01 "Carly Summers" Episode Discussion

notpictured

[44]Oct 31, 2007
    • level: 8
    So disappointed you had to comment the same thing three times?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ItsMeFawn

[45]Oct 31, 2007
    • level: 2

I was disappointed in the first episode. First off I want to know what and how things ended with Troy and Michelle. It was just mentioned "the money they got from the settlement with Michelle" they could like do a flashback or something. I think the whole hearts and scapel thing is corny but hey at least Sean gets a chance to shine as dull and lackluster he can be at times. I like the whole dominatrix part because he does seem the type that would get involved with her especially since he is the King of Passive-Agressiveness!!! Troy, is being Troy...sweet as sugar and then boom turns sour. I knew he had an alternative with Carly from jump street. She was no more his type than the man in the moon.

I want to see if the past is going to catch up with a them especially Sean...we shall see. As egotisical as Troy is, it is usually Sean making the bad business and criminal decisions that leaves Troy to have to clean up the mess or find way to fix it.

It was nice seeing Lauren Hutton, I've always thought she is beautiful. Trying to figure out how they are going to work Wilbur into this program...and it was funny how Sean showed Troy's selfishness and ego again with him spending the Nanny money on Lauren as the publicist then leaving Sean to have to be the babysitter. LOL!! Sean reminds of a psycho killer or a time bomb waiting to blow up. The whole Puh$$y lips thing was not as funny as the previews made it seem and the basketball hoop in the office is soooo unbelievable!

ItsMeFawn

[46]Oct 31, 2007
    Nah computer glitch...but I was disappointed.

charley28

[47]Oct 31, 2007
    • level: 66
    this was a great episode. i completely missed last season because of scheduling but i'm able to see it this season. finally Sean and Christian are where they should be...in LA. i loved it when they went out and were trying to get work at the bars. that was so funny. seeing Lauren Hutton was great. she is fab. I loved seeing Daphne Zuniga again. she looks great. I was surprised that there wasn't more skin with Christian. did anyone see his wanker flip when he got off the bed. loved it when Sean went off on Aiden. and thepoissy lipsthing was so funny. actually that really did happen to a military lady that was in a car wreck. they made a movie about it called "Why Me". Getting Jennifer Coolidge to play her was just too funny. my cha cha lips. Christian getting hair plugs and Oliver Platt's character making fun of them. how funny is that.

AlphaMale27

[48]Oct 31, 2007
    • level: 4
    justinwestnet wrote:
    uggggggggggggggggh! my cable is f-ed up and FX and tons of other channels arent working! this happens every now and then. great timing! guess i'll have to wait til friday to catch the encore and avoid this site to find out what happens in the mean time.
    Get Direct TV lose your cable.

lostcy

[49]Oct 31, 2007
    • level: 20
    it wasn't what i expected but it was pretty good.i hope the next episodes will be better

AlphaMale27

[50]Oct 31, 2007
    The show was great!! the move is good for the guys and I think everything was right on the money$$$$$$. Oliver Platt Bradley Copper the TV Show with in a Show it made fun of it's self.. It was really a funny light hearted show, but I think they will get in the groove. It needed to lighten up just a little and it did next week is really gooing to be good.

SouhilaInParis

[51]Oct 31, 2007
    • level: 3
    Totally disappointed !!! The move is a new start ,OK , but made all the good aspects disappear ! I didn' t even recognize Murphy's signature... hope the future episodes will be better .

charm3dkatie

[52]Oct 31, 2007

Oh, ew.

First of all, Nip/Tuck has lost almost all of its risque, raunchy, laden-with-sexual-tension drama that made it a gem to begin with. I still contend that S2 was the best ever and things going downhill with the crazy, unbelievable, and unbelievably stupid Carver storyline. S4 brought back a bit of the original flair but nothing close to what it needs. Now, with Julia all but gone (*sob*) the show is really underlined with a bit of homosexual tension. Was it just me or did anyone else cringe whenever Christian and Sean got all buddy-buddy?

Ryan Murphy, if you're reading this... PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.. Don't turn Christian and Sean into the in-the-closet-for-too-long gay couple thing. Seriously.

Anyway, Bradley Cooper would make a very sexy, I mean super, addition to the Nip/Tuck hunk fest and I would have no qualms about seeing his bare ass. But on a more serious note, the Hearts and Scalpels show is far too unbelievable to be a fake real show. I understand that Hollywood produces shows that are out-there and it's totally believable that real doctors are used for medical advice/consulting but that show, even as a fake show, seems far too unbelievable for me.

I'm just not sure how I feel about it right now! I'm giving it a few weeks. If the storylines still suck (which I really hope they don't) then unfortunately, The Office moves up to my #1 favorite show.

Milks23

[53]Oct 31, 2007
    • level: 50

SouhilaInParis wrote:
    hope the future episodes will be better .

I'll still watch the show but I sincerely doubt the future episodes will be better. Like I said in an earlier post the show has been on a downward spiral since season 3. The whole slasher storyline ruined a once great series. They tried to have continuity and regain the level they once had by bringing back Escorbar....but they still f'ed that up.

Edited on 10/31/2007 7:12pm

anad42

[54]Nov 1, 2007
    • level: 6

I thought it was good.

It started alittle slow for me. In the first 10 minutes I thought I won't like it, but then when they got to the set of the tv show, and when Daphne zoniga showed up, it got better. Sure, i like Daphne (I admit, since Melros Place) but it was good, and the all story of Christian sleeping with her, sucking up to her and then telling her what she needs to make over - reminded of the way he got Kimber to have surgery in the first episode. He slept with her and then listed what she needs done. He did it more then once before, but I guess this time he was even more desperate lol.

I miss seeing Julia and Mat. I don't stand the Michael-Jackson-look-alike but now that he's married to Kimber and they have a kid together, it should be interesting. Also, I like having Wilbor around. Did Gina die alraedy? I wasn't sure.

All in all, good episode. The comedy parts were good, like the scene where they watch the tv show, and the actress on the show (the blond girl, from "Joey") is funny. I can't put my finger on the actor's name. I know I know him but I can't tell from where.

Seems like a cool season! Which is good, season 4 sucked.

charm3dkatie

[55]Nov 1, 2007
    You're probably referring to Bradley Cooper (as "Aidan Stone"). If so, he was in Wedding Crashers and he was in Alias as Will Tippin, Sydney's best friend/person.

laser21111

[56]Nov 1, 2007
    • level: 1
    simply disappointed.

beans123456

[57]Nov 1, 2007

Well, this is the first time I've actually turned off the TV five minutes before Nip/Tuck ended.I'm sure I'll catch a rerun before next Tuesday, so I know what the cliff hanger was, but it says a lot about how invested I was in the first show.

Off the top of my head.... how come their office is the size of a warehouse, and their condo seemed pretty lackluster, especially that lame kitchen where Sean was drying dishes. I did love the red's in the office though.

I'm glad they addressed Troy's hair - loved how Aiden pointed it out...that was hysterical. Did the producer make the camera man turn away from the closeup of Troy because of the obviousness of the plugs?

OMG - what is up with that kid???? Is Troy's kid EVER going to talk?????? I wanted to scream when they had shots of him. NO kid just sits and eats and never says a word when spoken to. And the charity shots of Troy giving him a kiss good bye, and so on, just doesn't click with me. What are they going to do with a kid that never has a line? Is he going to grow up this season to be five/six and still can't talk? Either write him off the show (mom comes back), or give the kid something to say. It's annoying!!!!!

I thought the puthylipth thing was un-amusing - didn't tickle my funny bone anyway. I hope she gets lost soon as an actress in the hearts/scapels thing.

Lauren I liked, but it's too reminiscent of the last older lady that ruled Michelles life. I can just see Lauren turning into that kind of character/role, as they seem to be setting it up that way.

I loved the guy that played the producer -

I loved the way ......oh dear, what's her name? ...the actress Troy sleeps with?...I felt it was very believable when she wouldn't take her blanket off, didn't want the lights on, and Troy asking her what's up....and dang, I felt cut to the quick when he marked all over her picture...I think I've known guys like that !!! Run, woman, run!

Ok, I have to go to work..........

ItsMeFawn

[58]Nov 1, 2007

"OMG - what is up with that kid???? Is Troy's kid EVER going to talk?????? I wanted to scream when they had shots of him. NO kid just sits and eats and never says a word when spoken to. And the charity shots of Troy giving him a kiss good bye, and so on, just doesn't click with me. What are they going to do with a kid that never has a line? Is he going to grow up this season to be five/six and still can't talk? Either write him off the show (mom comes back), or give the kid something to say. It's annoying!!!!!"

I so agree with much of what you said, especially the quoteabove. Lauren Hutton does remind you of Michael fromseason 4. She is beautiful with an underhanded creepiness to her. When is Wilbur going to talk? Why can't he manifest into some bad a$$ kid that is causing problems andergo a story line with Troy andthe kids teacher...Kids teacher could become a stalker to Troy or Child services could be called to Sean and Troy's home questioning the safety and stability of Wilbur. But ultimately dog gone it when he is going to say one bleeping word!!!??? I sure hope that Troy and Sean don't go down the homosexual yellow brickroad again...I mean that whole dream sequence that they hadSean on last season was a bit much albeit somewhat believable, let sleeping dogs lie already. I never liked the Micheal Jackson look-a-like, Sean and Troy's confusosexal son.The gloss on his lips and those perfectly arched eyes was a bit much for me...I mean damn, make him a drag queen or something to go along with. But some ultra-pretty rebellious confused pretty boy was just getting on my nerves.

Edited on 11/01/2007 9:09am

dezigner4web

[59]Nov 1, 2007
    • level: 17

JaceJones wrote:
    But it looks like it's just me, you, and the new crew. Meg and Dez are unaccounted for (Beef got permanently banned)

I'm here, just fashionably late. I didn't get to view until today.

YAY ME!

SleepTight wrote:
    So not a lot of positivity? Damn, I was hoping that people would be raving about it. Ah well, I might still like it. 'Momma Boone' wasn't very popular either but I loved it.

Oooohhh, Sleepy is posting here. I LOVE IT!

*hugs*

While I enjoyed watching N/T again, and seeing the leading boys again, cuz they are so demn-fine, I was a little feeling like something was lost along the way.

Maybe they just had allot of ground to cover in a short time.... staging the new lives of C & S.... maybe it was lacking a little/LOT of steamy sex scenes.... but the thing I think missed was the non-typical lines worked in such as the basketball in the beginning (I think somehow poker would have been closer) and the trolling for wimmen clients. Even the getting dressed to go out scene was not working. It could have been much HOTTTTER, but it was kinda coming off a little canned.

Again, dont rip on me. I was entertained. I was totally happy with my hour with the boys. I just wasn't like OMFG, clinching my chest for breath.

So.... guess there's always next week.

NoNamesOpen

[60]Nov 1, 2007
    Just wondering... am I the only one who noticed McMahon's Aussie accent sneak out more than once in the episode (most notably when he's talking to the producer in the golf cart)? Or am I just dumb for not having heard it in earlier episodes?