Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

5.01 "Carly Summers" Episode Discussion

JaceJones

[81]Nov 4, 2007
    • level: 8
    Yes, yes. Tonight @ 10. ONLY ON FX!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dezigner4web

[82]Nov 4, 2007
    • level: 17

RebeccaDeWinter wrote:
    Richard Gere gets dressed to Smokey Robinson's "The Love I Saw in You Was Just A Mirage," and he goes through his Rodeo Drive suits, puts them on the bed, with the ties, mixes & matches, then goes to the Beverly Hills Hotel's Polo Lounge for drinks & meet Lauren Hutton. The boys did the tv version.

Very Cool! I haven't seen that movie in like FOREVER, but now that you pointed it out... you are totally correct.That's really freakin cool that you put that together! BRAVO!

fallenepitaph

[83]Nov 4, 2007
    • level: 13
    it was fun but it is not the dark , disturbing show it used to be. it is not , since the finale of 3rd season.

JaceJones

[84]Nov 4, 2007
    • level: 8
    fallenepitaph wrote:
    it was fun but it is not the dark , disturbing show it used to be. it is not , since the finale of 3rd season.

It never WAS supposed to be that dark and disturbing. Season 3 was something totally new for Nip/Tuck. Many of the old balls (fans before season 3) didn't like that direction, which is why they tried to revert back to their original selves in season 4. If you ask me, season 5 is going to be taking us right back where we used to be.

cdogg6705isback

[85]Nov 4, 2007
    • level: 14
    I really liked this episode. I can't wait until Tuesday. I think that these new storylines will be good.

tjaman

[86]Nov 4, 2007
    • level: 32
    Sick as this would be on so many levels, how about smoochies between Erica and Julia?

RebeccaDeWinter

[87]Nov 6, 2007
    • level: 1
    Did you catch the previews where the much older woman said to Christian, "I've never paid for it before?" Now if only they would play Blondie's "Call Me." More American Gigolo!

shawnlunn2002

[88]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 41
    This was actually quite cool for the premiere.

A lot of interesting new characters and a great set up but I want my wacky/touching cases. Not just actresses who need a boost or not.

Christian annoyed me with his manipulation of Carly. Then he had to sell her story. That's low even for him. Loved Sean standing up to him.

Sean being in his element is great. He's the better surgeon and I think Christian knows that deep down as well.

Bobby and Mistress Dark Pain. Why do I get the impression the latter will be popping up a bit more often.

Haerts And Scalpels is a funny fictional show. Aidan Stone is quite the tool but hilarious as well.

Wilbur's gotten so big and I loved Liz's take charge attitude at the start of the episode.

9/10.