Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

5.09 "Rachel Ben Natan" Episode Discussion (spoilers)

tjaman

[61]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 32
    We all knew you wuz a dawg. Just look at your avie.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LostSux

[62]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 6
    JaceJones wrote:
    LostSux wrote:
    JaceJones wrote:
    Grammaton-Cleric wrote:

This episode further illustrates why this show is just about finished. The whole concept of them moving to California was for a fresh start and what do the producers and writers do instead? They tranplant the entire family and all ancillary characters into California.

And then they repeat the same tired plot devices over and over and over again.

Gina is an obnoxious two-dimensional character who needed to stayput in Miami. Unless they evolve her character beyond the whole hating Sean thing, why bother?

Also, do the writers realize how unlikeable Julia has actually become? She really is a whore six ways from Sunday and the fact that she hasn't ended her relationship with Olivia makes her entirely unsympathetic. I'm also curious how this whole poison thing will end, as Eden is easily the most annoying antagonist this show has ever seen and the only worthwile resolution to her story arch is a violent death.

This episode really was all over the place (the visions of the bomber were both pretentious and silly) and Rosie o' Donnell brings down everything she's in. What I've always loved about the show in the past was that the hedonistic aspects were balanced out by the intrigue of the story but as of right now I don't see much of a story in season 5 of Nip/Tuck.

Maybe tonight will begin to sew up some of these plotlines.

Go somewhere else.
    Jace, do you watch family guy? You're kinda like Brian.
    LOL do you think so? I love Brian he's a cool little pup.
    Yeah, cuz Brian always listens to someone's (usually Stewie's) long diatribe, and when they're done, he delivers a one liner, like "screw off", or "Why don't you shut-up for a week". That's you in a nutshell Jace.

JaceJones

[63]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 8
    LostSux wrote:
    JaceJones wrote:
    LostSux wrote:
    JaceJones wrote:
    Grammaton-Cleric wrote:

This episode further illustrates why this show is just about finished. The whole concept of them moving to California was for a fresh start and what do the producers and writers do instead? They tranplant the entire family and all ancillary characters into California.

And then they repeat the same tired plot devices over and over and over again.

Gina is an obnoxious two-dimensional character who needed to stayput in Miami. Unless they evolve her character beyond the whole hating Sean thing, why bother?

Also, do the writers realize how unlikeable Julia has actually become? She really is a whore six ways from Sunday and the fact that she hasn't ended her relationship with Olivia makes her entirely unsympathetic. I'm also curious how this whole poison thing will end, as Eden is easily the most annoying antagonist this show has ever seen and the only worthwile resolution to her story arch is a violent death.

This episode really was all over the place (the visions of the bomber were both pretentious and silly) and Rosie o' Donnell brings down everything she's in. What I've always loved about the show in the past was that the hedonistic aspects were balanced out by the intrigue of the story but as of right now I don't see much of a story in season 5 of Nip/Tuck.

Maybe tonight will begin to sew up some of these plotlines.

Go somewhere else.
    Jace, do you watch family guy? You're kinda like Brian.
    LOL do you think so? I love Brian he's a cool little pup.
    Yeah, cuz Brian always listens to someone's (usually Stewie's) long diatribe, and when they're done, he delivers a one liner, like "screw off", or "Why don't you shut-up for a week". That's you in a nutshell Jace.

LOL I do that all the time. One of the best compliments I've ever gotten.

cez01

[64]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 2
    wow what a lame episode. Fueling more hate to the suicide bombers and yet creating more stereotypes. I wonder if this was an actual case. Because Nip Tucks patients are taken from factual case studies and used for the show. I didn't enjoy this episode. Its a shame

tjaman

[65]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 32
    cez01 wrote:
    Because Nip Tucks patients are taken from factual case studies.

Where are you getting that? Linda Klein is a medical consult on the show but it doesn't mean that everything happens exactly that way in real life.

And you're right, stepping across and taking a peek at life from the perspective of a suicide bomber has been done to death in American television. What a disappointing waste of time. When will people learn that anyone who sees the world from a different perspective are just evil and wrong and not worth listening to?

They should just cancel this show it's so bad. I think I'll go online and post that somewhere.

pearlap

[66]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 10
    Wow. Is it just me, or did it just get really sarcastic in here?