Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

5.10 "Magda and Jeff" Episode Discussion

LostSux

[1]Jan 16, 2008
    • level: 6
    I can't wait to see Gina's first week at work. I wonder if the issue of her son will come up.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ebayking90

[2]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 9
    I hope this episode give Gina more airtime. I thought she got stiffed last week.

Seaig

[3]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 12
    Major Spoilers!!!!!!!!

Julia is going to kick the bucket in this episode. I never thought Eden's fruit cake was going to be terminal. I thought it was just going to make her sick.

On SpoilerTV, the description for Kyle McKenzie (511) is Christian attempts to cope in the aftermath of a death; Colleen (Sharon Gless) feels threatened when another talent agency shows an interest in Sean's acting career. Also, the promo pics for that episode show Christian without Julia and with other blonde woman, but he doesn't seem happy about it.

tjaman

[4]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 32
    If Julia dies then it means "Conor 2026" never happened, and they haven't indicated that in any specific way, so ...

Seaig

[5]Jan 18, 2008
    They've already confirmed it's a main character who dies, so odds are "Conor McNamara 2026" was just a vision of what could have been. I believe the episode was more a metaphorical envisionment, rather than an actual display of a specific time period in 2026.

tjaman

[6]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 32
    This may in fact be how they confirm that, then.

But until they do, unpopular as it might well be and for excellent reasons, "2026" is on film, it's been broadcast, and is, for lack of any specific contradiction, canon (as distinct from this show's many, many dream sequences which tend clearly to be indicated as such).

Not that this means anything, but Kimber wasn't anywhere in evidence in 2026 ...

trrom

[7]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 2

tjaman wrote:
    Not that this means anything, but Kimber wasn't anywhere in evidence in 2026 ...

Wow....this could prove to be a very interesting episode. If indeed somebody dies, I don't see it as being Julia. Yes the storyline could lead in that direction b/c of what Eden did, but she's a main character and I don't see her as leaving anytime soon. Kimber would be a more likely candidate. And that could effect Christian b/c of what he and she had been through together. But I don't think that will happen either. I'm wondering if it'sprevious character.....perhaps his mother that we met before? She didn't want him in her life and that devestated Christian. Maybe the show will pick up on that?

slim324k

[8]Jan 19, 2008
    Julia dead? This will be interesting to see especially if they killing off a main character. Where are you guys getting you info? Is it on the episode guides? I also want to see what Rachel looks like after her facial reconstruction.

Dr_Chaos_Fox

[9]Jan 21, 2008
    • level: 3

Crap!

I hate how my eyes sometimes drift towards the middle of a post...

Hey, if Jules dies, should be funny to see just how long it take Christian or Sean to pull a Titus Pullo and strangle Eden to death with their silent rage.

If theres a regular that needs to go though, lets pray to god that it's Kimber.

Edited on 01/21/2008 9:53pm
    Edited 4 total times.

Seaig

[10]Jan 22, 2008
    I'm not sure if it's going to be Kimber though because in 512 ("Lulu Grandiron") Eden is going to look to Sean for help after getting into business with Kimber and Ram, which I imagine will happen somewhere between 509 ("Magda and Jeff") and 510 ("Kyle Ainge").

This season is so unpredictable, I'm absolutely loving it,

Nursetiffany

[11]Jan 22, 2008
    all I have to say is WOW

thejoe8pizza

[12]Jan 22, 2008

***SPOILER***

jade38

[13]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 11

****SPOILER****

Did Christian push her on purpose, or was it an accident......what do people think???

Psyris

[14]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 1

Wow.

It was definitely on purpose... How do you accidentally **** someone off the side of a building? If you watched the preview Christain doesn't seem torn up about in the least. I know Christian can be a real bastard, but I didn't think he was capable of something like that.

Edited on 01/22/2008 9:19pm

Dr_Chaos_Fox

[15]Jan 22, 2008

Did someone die? Hmm...must have been the wind.

In any case,strange to see Eden/Coleen masquerading around as Sean's agent.

Seems like she's trying to prove she's more than just a pretty face with bad hair.

Edited on 01/22/2008 9:41pm
    Edited 2 total times.

jade38

[16]Jan 22, 2008
    Eden/Colleen are the same person you're saying???

Mabelyn1

[17]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 20
    aww man i missed it

jade38

[18]Jan 22, 2008
    Psyris wrote:

Wow.

It was definitely on purpose... How do you accidentally **** someone off the side of a building? If you watched the preview Christain doesn't seem torn up about in the least. I know Christian can be a real bastard, but I didn't think he was capable of something like that.

Yeah, sure seems like it was purposeful. Perhaps he didn't realize the railing was so low, and that she wouldn't be able to keep herself upright. I didn't think he was capable of murder either. When she first fell back, he did look like he had a horrified look on his face, but then the second shot when he was looking down at her, his face was unaffected.

Dr_Chaos_Fox

[19]Jan 22, 2008

jade38 wrote:
    Eden/Colleen are the same person you're saying???
    Indeed. Look at the two faces and think about it for a few minutes.

She has Sean drop her off at a residence that obviously isn't her own, she waits for him to drive off and then leaves.

Sean's comment about her seemingly having no other clients and always buzzing around him, seeing as this "job" is a charade, she has time to pester him about everyhing she's doing for him.

Eden didn't just mysteriously pop up in this appearance to screw Aidan and then videotape it without reason and vanish, it was ammo she could use to get Sean Aidan's job, which would be useful and convincing material for "Coleen" as Sean's agent.

I think Eden has taken a shine to Sean and in her own psycho/sociopathic way is trying to pursue a relationship and show him that she can be more than his midlife crisis sexual release. Looking at past episodes, it's almost hard to tell becuase she's such a venomous harpy but I do think she has started to develop feelings for him.

How she's doing all this? The girl is rich and with that comes alot of resources.

Edited on 01/22/2008 10:42pm
    Edited 2 total times.

matthepollack

[20]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 2
    Eden and colleen are NOT the same person...colleen is played by sharon gless...colleen is much much older...and she is sean's agent of some sorts and also sean's mother name is Colleen McNamara ,,,funny huh..but again eden and colleen are not the same person...colleen is played by sharon gless who also played on cagney and lacey and debbie on queer as folk