TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

5.10 "Magda and Jeff" Episode Discussion

LostSux

[21]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 6
    So Christian only used ONE condom with an HIV positive woman? A condom supplied by her? Who's to say she didn't take a safety pin, and poke a small hole in the condom. Christian is REALLY stupid.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tjaman

[22]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 32
    I loved every minute of this episode. At the end it felt like NOOOOO! There has to be another half an hour or so left. For the first time in a while I'm not sure I can wait for the next one.

trrom

[23]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 2

tjaman wrote:
    I loved every minute of this episode. At the end it felt like NOOOOO! There has to be another half an hour or so left. For the first time in a while I'm not sure I can wait for the next one.

Oh yes!!! It's going to be a long week indeed.

trrom

[24]Jan 23, 2008
    Okay so I have a question that's a little off topic but not really since Gina's character came back. Wasn't a stipulation of Christian getting custody of Wilbur that he had to keep him away from Gina? I thought I remembered that from the last season but Gina made the comment in the show about getting to see more of Wilbur.

tguedry82

[25]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 9

First off, I must say GREAT EPISODE! I was totally waiting for Julia to kick the bucket, but since it wasn't her, I was so relieved! I am finding it a little hard to believe that none of these docs are checking her for poison. I know it's not as obvious to them as it is to us, but from what I've read of certain poisons like arsenic (a horror novel I once read, I'm not a poison researching weirdo or anything) the symptoms when combined like that, and prove to be nothing else, kind of leave you with no other possibility. Of course it was a fiction book, so who knows! I really hope they discover what it is soon, because Christians "holier than though" act to Julia while he's screwing several other chicks on the side is really ticking me off!

Now; to the big moment! Holy cow, that really sucks for her to die in that way, although I don't think he necessarily did it on purpose, but more like, when she said, "this is love, Christian" it either freaked him out, or disgusted him, and he just instinctively pushed her away; not thinking about the edge of the building. He may hate her, but I don't think he would kill her on purpose. He would however not feel as bad as say if it were anyone else;lol...his look was more like, "oh well" than, "ha ha I did it"...just my opinion though.

I'm with matthepollack, I don't think Eden is Colleen. Even if it didn't matter that the actresses are totally different, I just don't see them putting that sort of story into play. I can see Colleen becoming extremely obsessed with Sean, but maybe Eden's involved because she's putting Colleen up to it or something; who knows...she's pretty crazy!

So those are my thoughts; I was just so excited that it was a great show! The closer it got to the end, I was also wishing there was more time! I can't wait for next week!

tguedry82

[26]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 9

trrom wrote:
    Okay so I have a question that's a little off topic but not really since Gina's character came back. Wasn't a stipulation of Christian getting custody of Wilbur that he had to keep him away from Gina? I thought I remembered that from the last season but Gina made the comment in the show about getting to see more of Wilbur.

Your correct, that was the stipulations, but I'm thinking since she was being all nice to him and actually doing her job and not obsessing over him (until the end) he would have let her spend time with him anyway.

JaceJones

[27]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 8
    OMG GINA!

I flipped out about that all night. I couldn't believe it. Honestly, I don't think Christian did it on purpose. If you remember (or rewatch it), the glass on the roof of the building was VERY slender and not even very tall. When Gina fell through, the glass Christian had placed her on was no longer there, as opposed to the others. Christian was only unaffected because he was in shock. More like a "...oh my god" than a "OH MY GOD!" you know?

This next week is gonna torture me. I never thought Gina would go.

tjaman

[28]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 32
    Whoever thought Eden would or even could pretend to be the high-power agent played by Sharon Gless is very, very high.

trrom

[29]Jan 23, 2008

JaceJones wrote:
    OMG GINA! I flipped out about that all night. I couldn't believe it. Honestly, I don't think Christian did it on purpose. If you remember (or rewatch it), the glass on the roof of the building was VERY slender and not even very tall. When Gina fell through, the glass Christian had placed her on was no longer there, as opposed to the others. Christian was only unaffected because he was in shock. More like a "...oh my god" than a "OH MY GOD!" you know? This next week is gonna torture me. I never thought Gina would go.

I have to agree with Jace....When I watched the show, I was watching it with my husband and he said he had thought Christian did it on purpose but I don't think so. And what Jace said makes sense. Plus, Christian can be a real a** but he's not a killer. I don't think so atleast. That's not his character. And Gina has been one of my favorite characters since the beginning. I was in total shock to see that happen.

slim324k

[30]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 12
    That would be a funny storyline to figure the dual character of Eden/Colleen but another hard pill to swallow. The whole Christian dropping Gina off the building was surprising and while I can see him being devious that was stupid. They just put on a show in front of Julia not to mention with the hooker, why would you do something with some many loose ends. This was by far the BEST this season, next weeks should be a ratings topper as well.

SleepTight

[31]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 36
    Heh, the writers get rid of their only possible way to redeem this god-awful season. I guess they really want people to hate their show.

kraylith

[32]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 10

what the f***... eden = coleen?! who came up with that idea, where did it come from? is eden supposedly some master-actor or semi-spy, having voice-changing gadgets, masks, fake identity and so on? Oo she's crazy and she's capable (look at julia) but i think that's a bit over-doing. i don't have a negative opinion of the show atm, i like it, it's a little out there, sure, but it always was. but if they pull that sh... off - it really stinks...

don't get me wrong, i believe there's something going on between eden and coleen, it's true, the whole getting-caugt thing was just too convenient.

also find it a bit hard to believe that no doctor is able to detect the poison, but, who knows how the tests exactly work, maybe it's realistic that they miss it. maybe it's already degraded - the detectable form - and is just sorta doing its work now.

unless something happens fast we'll really see julia kick the bucket.

gina's dead... yay! ^^ besides kimber she was one of the most-f*cked-up characters and i'm glad we got rid of her - unless that's just a phantasy and at the beginning of the next episode during their making "love" gina interrupts his thoughts "what's wrong?" christian "ah, nothing, just had an idea..." and the accident never really happened.

overall nice episode with a pretty disturbing (yeah, sorry, i'm narrow-minded in that case) background with the magda-jeff story... oo

ashaikh148

[33]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 3
    Wow, never screw a girl with AIDS, i cant believe Christian had sex with Gina, i was so sure that after she was HIV positive we had seen the end of Christian-Gina sex scenes. There's no way he did it on purpose, if they take it in that direction ill be very surprised. Like everyone else said, Christian just isnt a killer. It is too bad that Gina only got to come back for 2 episodes this season and she's already gone. Im already missing my "hey a**hole" fix

JaceJones

[34]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 8
    kraylith wrote:

what the f***... eden = coleen?! who came up with that idea, where did it come from? is eden supposedly some master-actor or semi-spy, having voice-changing gadgets, masks, fake identity and so on? Oo she's crazy and she's capable (look at julia) but i think that's a bit over-doing. i don't have a negative opinion of the show atm, i like it, it's a little out there, sure, but it always was. but if they pull that sh... off - it really stinks...

don't get me wrong, i believe there's something going on between eden and coleen, it's true, the whole getting-caugt thing was just too convenient.

also find it a bit hard to believe that no doctor is able to detect the poison, but, who knows how the tests exactly work, maybe it's realistic that they miss it. maybe it's already degraded - the detectable form - and is just sorta doing its work now.

unless something happens fast we'll really see julia kick the bucket.

gina's dead... yay! ^^ besides kimber she was one of the most-f*cked-up characters and i'm glad we got rid of her - unless that's just a phantasy and at the beginning of the next episode during their making "love" gina interrupts his thoughts "what's wrong?" christian "ah, nothing, just had an idea..." and the accident never really happened.

overall nice episode with a pretty disturbing (yeah, sorry, i'm narrow-minded in that case) background with the magda-jeff story... oo

It happened.

The next couple of episodes resolve her death and her funeral.

LostSux

[35]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 6
    SleepTight wrote:
    guess they really want people to hate their show.
    Well, they're failing miserably at that.

crimsonmiss

[36]Jan 23, 2008

SleepTight wrote:
    Heh, the writers get rid of their only possible way to redeem this god-awful season. I guess they really want people to hate their show.

I'll miss Gina too. But just because she's dead doesn't mean she won't be back to antagonize Christian via hallucinations and/or dreams. In fact they could kill off Kimber too. She and Gina could take turns taunting him from the grave or instead of him having an 'angel and devil' on his shoulders he could have two b*tches on his shoulder doling out advice and insults.

Edited on 01/23/2008 1:58pm
    Edited 2 total times.

benassi08

[37]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 1

One of the best episodes of this season by far!!

I loved Gina, she was one of my favorite characters so i'm pretty pissed off about what happened. Let's hope she gets back in dreams or whatever!!

The hole Coleen thing was pretty fun.

How many episodes are left before the strike makes effect?

crimsonmiss

[38]Jan 23, 2008
    benassi08 wrote:

One of the best episodes of this season by far!!

I loved Gina, she was one of my favorite characters so i'm pretty pissed off about what happened. Let's hope she gets back in dreams or whatever!!

The hole Coleen thing was pretty fun.

How many episodes are left before the strike makes effect?

4 more episodes left for this season. Then we'll have to wait for at least 8 more episodes ( I think these may end up being a truncated season 6?)

Tim_Bronx

[39]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 13

One of the best episodes of the season in my opinion. My own problem is how much of an as"hole Christian is being towards Julia. She is obviously sick, whether the doctors can prove it or not, and he's mad at her because he thinks she's faking it to get out of screwing him? How narcassistic can he get?

But for the record, I don't think he killed Gina on purpose. He's not that big of an as*hole.

I live in Austin, and on the commercial break it had a local ad to come see the Nip/Tuck season finale live on Feb. 19th at a downtown lounge. So it looks like the Feb. 19th episode is now the official season finale for season five. I'm guessing the remainder six episodes are being stuck onto season six whenever the strike ends. Bummer. I really wanted a full 22 episode season for once.

thekeico

[40]Jan 23, 2008
    LostSux wrote:
    So Christian only used ONE condom with an HIV positive woman? A condom supplied by her? Who's to say she didn't take a safety pin, and poke a small hole in the condom.

Thought the same thing. Anyway, you can definitely hear some sort of glass barrier crashing, so i will go for the accident.