Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

5.11: "Kyle Ainge" Episode Discussion

hmnut7

[21]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 12

BenRyan33 wrote:
    I was disappointed with this episode. I was hoping things were getting back on track after "Magda and Jeff" last week. And this episode itself wasn't even that bad until Colleen stuffed the other agent, that's just too ridiculous in my mind (and I haven't had problems with nip/tuck in the past). Ryan Murphy needs to tighten things up again. We love being shocked by things on this series but not at the expense of a good story!

Well said. This was just too much. I liked what someone said it was like a B-horror movie from the 50's "The woman who stuffed."

I didn't like that scene even a little bit, even before she stuffed the guy I felt it was too much. Colleen was just introduced a week earlier and she is already getting scenes "about" her. I don't care about her, and her loneliness. If they want to give superstar Sean his own silly comic releaf agent, that's one thing, but it is way to soon to make her a focus of the show.

"Tighten things up" yes, that is what needs to be done. Let's get back to basics. Two doctors exploring the ugliness of beauty.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JaceJones

[22]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 8
    Hm...well, usually I tell people who don't like this show to STFU and go somewhere else, but this episode makes me want to complain.

I had a fear, a STRONG fear, that after they killed one strong character (Gina) they wouldn't be hesitant about killing other characters anymore. I'm not saying they're gonna kill characters every episode, but I think it was a little too soon to have another one die. I love the idea of Colleen being a crazy ass lady. I DON'T love the idea of her killing a man without seemingly having any trouble doing it. Which could be because I was SO CERTAIN that Eden and her were in cohoots together. But hey, if it's true that Eden's fruitcake is slowly killing Julia, then maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

All in all, I can't say this episode sucked terribly. There were just a few things I either didn't like or didn't find believable. Unfortunately, it's not an episode I would've followed "Magda and Jeff" up with. In my eyes, anyway.

BUT I did love everything that had to do with Gina in this episode. ESPECIALLY the funeral. And the fact that we got to meet the person who gave Gina HIV? BRILLIANT, Ryan Murphy, BRILLIANT. That was such a gut-buster, to me. Who knew Gina had a heart like that?

I also didn't like the biter. So...weird and sort of pointless. What was with that?

Same goes for Kyle and his wife. I realize that must've been hard, but I don't know how much I believe their storyline. Just seemed weird to me.

That'll be all, folks.

tjaman

[23]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 32
    Was I watching the same show as the rest of you?

Y'all should've come over and watched with me. The show I watched was freeqin' brilliant.

justinwestnet

[24]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 17
    a messed up episode. anybody who didnt think anything bad would happen when the guy walked into colleens apartment needs their head checked! at first i thought she would poison him but that stuffing death was just f-ed up! so she's more like a stalker now and obsessed with Sean. she'll be found out. i mean nobody in his agency knew he was going there? no one? and once they realize he's not in darfur...

JaceJones

[25]Jan 30, 2008
    tjaman wrote:
    Was I watching the same show as the rest of you?

Y'all should've come over and watched with me. The show I watched was freeqin' brilliant.

LOL @ your change of avatar.

I think I was watching the same show, but I didn't get as much out of it as you did.

tjaman

[26]Jan 30, 2008
    Maybe I only liked it because there were bears.

slim324k

[27]Jan 30, 2008
    Gina's funeral was hilarious, and Colleen is turning into some Fatal Attraction/Deliverance psycho. I knew after looking at those people at the funeral they were her group folks but I wasn't expecting that outburst. Sean better watch out because all those things there are getting interesting. I still like the previous episode but this one wasn't too far behind.

Range341

[28]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 10
    Nip Tuck may gross me out, but it seems that even the most violent of shows/movies can have the best storylines. (Not of all them of course) Even though this one was about to make me heave, I'm never going to stop watching.

Pudo18

[29]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 23
    hmnut7 wrote:

BenRyan33 wrote:
    I was disappointed with this episode. I was hoping things were getting back on track after "Magda and Jeff" last week. And this episode itself wasn't even that bad until Colleen stuffed the other agent, that's just too ridiculous in my mind (and I haven't had problems with nip/tuck in the past). Ryan Murphy needs to tighten things up again. We love being shocked by things on this series but not at the expense of a good story!

Well said. This was just too much. I liked what someone said it was like a B-horror movie from the 50's "The woman who stuffed."

I didn't like that scene even a little bit, even before she stuffed the guy I felt it was too much. Colleen was just introduced a week earlier and she is already getting scenes "about" her. I don't care about her, and her loneliness. If they want to give superstar Sean his own silly comic releaf agent, that's one thing, but it is way to soon to make her a focus of the show.

"Tighten things up" yes, that is what needs to be done. Let's get back to basics. Two doctors exploring the ugliness of beauty.

This was me And I know what I am talking about when I say "bad b flick", I watch dozen and dozen movies like that... I am a pure fan...

And NO I never complained about this season, so please don't say because it's too much, we don't like that. No, but this part was ridiculous. (It's for the guy/gal who said that)
    I mean it was SO OBVIOUS that she was gonna kill him and I was "oh my god, they won't do that... they won't do a stupid thing like that..."

Seaig

[30]Jan 30, 2008
    Honestly, I thought this episode was brilliant and it easily made its ways to the top as my favorite Nip/Tuck episode, and that's saying a lot because Season 2 delivered amazing episodes such as "Julia McNamara", "Oona Wentworth", "Sean McNamara", and "Joan Rivers"

Xuver

[31]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 5
    OH MY GOD

that was the most disturving, goosbumping, scaryest, creepy, disturving, OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGODDDD

that i have EVER seen on tv. that was just
    omg she just shoved that machine and
    omg im going to explode

if i would have seen it when i was 6 i would be scared of teddy bears or creepy old ladies right now.

GODDDDDDDD DID U SEE THAT??? OMG!
    wtffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

untill now the most disturving thing i have seen was in c.s.i(one of them) somone shoved a gas pipe to somone and filled him with fuel, then he woke up and called somone and electricty fired him up and he was burned from inside.
    this was more disturving.

if she poked his eyes first and then stuffed him, now that would be more OMG

they should of said "ALERT! YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE SOME SERIOUS SH1T SO DONT LET CHILDREN WATCH OR THEY WILL PEE IN BED."

lostcy

[32]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 20
    One of the best episodes,it was brilliant !!!
    but where is Eden ???

tjaman

[33]Jan 31, 2008
    Xuver wrote:
    OH MY GOD

that was the most disturving, goosbumping, scaryest, creepy, disturving, OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGODDDD

that i have EVER seen on tv. that was just
    omg she just shoved that machine and
    omg im going to explode

if i would have seen it when i was 6 i would be scared of teddy bears or creepy old ladies right now.

GODDDDDDDD DID U SEE THAT??? OMG!
    wtffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

untill now the most disturving thing i have seen was in c.s.i(one of them) somone shoved a gas pipe to somone and filled him with fuel, then he woke up and called somone and electricty fired him up and he was burned from inside.
    this was more disturving.

if she poked his eyes first and then stuffed him, now that would be more OMG

they should of said "ALERT! YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE SOME SERIOUS SH1T SO DONT LET CHILDREN WATCH OR THEY WILL PEE IN BED."

Best. Reaction. EVAH.

ebayking90

[34]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 9
    This episode was good, but I hope there will be better ones in the near future. I thought Gina's "funeral" was hilarious and Colleen killing Sean's potential agent was disturbing. But, I did not like the fact that neither Julia or Eden was in this episode. Also they haven't shown Olivia since Julia and Christian started hooking up again. We are all waiting to see how she will react to that. Also, what is going with Annie? Is she still being brainwashed by Eden and is Sean completely done with the girl from his show. So many unanswered questions and no too many episodes left. Ryan Murphy needs to stick to the "central" plot of the story and not branch off into pointless areas ie:biting school teachers .

niptuckSean

[35]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 13
    P.S. How many times are they going to play the 'Psycho Addicted to Sean or Christian' card, it's getting so old.

tjaman

[36]Jan 31, 2008
    Yeah, they should spend more time with the psycho addicted to Michael Scofield or Meg Griffin.

JaceJones

[37]Jan 31, 2008
    tjaman wrote:
    Yeah, they should spend more time with the psycho addicted to Michael Scofield or Meg Griffin.

Agreed.

Sorry, but is the previous poster a 'tard?

micmol25

[38]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 3
    Nip/Tuck: The One Liner Episode

I had tons of thoughts on this great episode. Feel free to read my article on the episode.

http://michaelmoller.com/wordpress/archives/314

tjaman

[39]Feb 1, 2008
    Feel free to repost them here, too.

LostSux

[40]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 6
    That was a great episode! Hilarious funeral! I can't say I'm altogether surprised about Coleen. No one that ugly, could be normal.