Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

5.13 "August Walden" Episode Discussion

ohshnapsz

[21]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 2

Wait so is Julia dead?

Because if you go to the Nip/Tuck website and watch the "Exclusive Preview" for the next episode don't you see Sean and Christian doing surgery on Julia?

I don't get it, totally confused.

Can anyone explain?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jade38

[22]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 11

I'd like to know that for sure too. It really does seem like they've slowly but surely killed her off, as they've not given her much of a role/storyline this season...she's been sick and didn't appear in a couple of eps. The thing with her and Christian looks like its finally dead for good....she doesn't have much of a rapport with Sean anymore, so there's really no use for her on the show ..maybe she wanted to get out....wasn't her daughter sick in real life...they've systematically written her off .

Poor Matt, I'm really surprised he hasn't killed himself yet....one disasterous relationship after another.

Edited on 02/13/2008 12:56am

tjaman

[23]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 32
    Joely's daughter was sick last year and they wrote her out after "Conor McNamara 2026" so that she could attend to her. Her appearance in S5 seems to suggest she's back.

But if you remember "Conor McNamara 2026," Julia was there. So unless they come right out and say that that episode never happened (which is their right, although it seems more than a little random), then probably Julia survives the GSW to the head.

Oh, btw, whoever called Eden justifying her attempted murder of Julia by saying "You took my mommy from me," good call.

Ollie: "Jeez, everyone I go out with ends up tearing their hair out and going crazy and shooting themselves through the head."
    Eden: "Well, you sure know how to pick 'em. Hey, I just made the cover of 'Sanity Fair'!"

Edited on 02/13/2008 5:45am

mattsafreak

[24]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 16
    Im with everyone else who can't get much further than "wow!" This episode blew the previous eps this season out of the water. I can't wait to see the finale.

REALSOBER

[25]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 7
    Total wow on this ep really well put together. I hope that turns out not to really be Christians daughter cause if it is EWWW!!!! And Eden shooting Julie WOW!!!! I mean on one hand I hope Julias dead cause she has gotten so annoying but I doubt they ever kill her off but who knows. I also wonder how Edens going to spin this in her favor and how Seans going to feel with all these women obsessing over him.

randan02

[26]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 10

About Christian: Did he really have to seem so happy about Sean's review on the show? The thing that I love and hate about Christian is that you have to look beneath the surface to find the good stuff. I'm glad it's over with him and Julia. He can do better. At the very least he can do "better-looking". LOL.

About Sean: It is always funny when he tries to be a tough guy. That little "in your face" stand-off with that critic was laughable.

About Julia: Hate her. She's really dumb. Why would she, in her weakened state, confront Eden with no one around? With that level of stupidity.....YES, SHE DESERVED TO DIE! AND I HOPE SHE BURNS IN HELL! And you're all thinking it! At least now, for the next five years, Sean and Christian can fight about a woman who is ACTUALLY HOT, and whose English accent doesn't slip into the dialogue every 15 seconds.

About Eden: I wish she was in the 2nd and 3rd seasons for two reasons: She could've killed Julia back then, and I wanted the Carver to have a whack at her. Her head looks like it weighs 20 lbs. more than her body which looks like it belongs to a 12 year old boy with lung-cancer. And who else wants to beat her to death with flat-iron? Raise your hands.

About Matt: Oh, Matty. I was wondering why they did a flashback of his dating record. He was dumped by a burn victim. She didn't just "not-call", she ran to another country. A burn victim, ran away from Matt. That would kill even the most secure man's ego. Then he slept with his um...his um......his........oh God I can't even type it! He slept with Christian's "patient!". I'm no doctor, but I would keep Matt on suicide watch.

About the episode: This episode was not surprisingly phenomenal. Well, I've remained neutral about this topic, but to all you "Nip Tuck must end" freaks. Can you smell the crow now? Huh? Well eat the damn crow you bastards! Eat it! Eat more of it! And when you're full, shove the rest up your @ss!

LostSux

[27]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 6
    randan02 wrote:

About Christian: Did he really have to seem so happy about Sean's review on the show? The thing that I love and hate about Christian is that you have to look beneath the surface to find the good stuff. I'm glad it's over with him and Julia. He can do better. At the very least he can do "better-looking". LOL.

About Sean: It is always funny when he tries to be a tough guy. That little "in your face" stand-off with that critic was laughable.

About Julia: Hate her. She's really dumb. Why would she, in her weakened state, confront Eden with no one around? With that level of stupidity.....YES, SHE DESERVED TO DIE! AND I HOPE SHE BURNS IN HELL! And you're all thinking it! At least now, for the next five years, Sean and Christian can fight about a woman who is ACTUALLY HOT, and whose English accent doesn't slip into the dialogue every 15 seconds.

About Eden: I wish she was in the 2nd and 3rd seasons for two reasons: She could've killed Julia back then, and I wanted the Carver to have a whack at her. Her head looks like it weighs 20 lbs. more than her body which looks like it belongs to a 12 year old boy with lung-cancer. And who else wants to beat her to death with flat-iron? Raise your hands.

About Matt: Oh, Matty. I was wondering why they did a flashback of his dating record. He was dumped by a burn victim. She didn't just "not-call", she ran to another country. A burn victim, ran away from Matt. That would kill even the most secure man's ego. Then he slept with his um...his um......his........oh God I can't even type it! He slept with Christian's "patient!". I'm no doctor, but I would keep Matt on suicide watch.

About the episode: This episode was not surprisingly phenomenal. Well, I've remained neutral about this topic, but to all you "Nip Tuck must end" freaks. Can you smell the crow now? Huh? Well eat the damn crow you bastards! Eat it! Eat more of it! And when you're full, shove the rest up your @ss!

I have to disagree with one thing. You are over-reacting about Matt. I wouldn't put Matt on suicide watch. I would give him a gun, so he can "manage his pain".

LostSux

[28]Feb 13, 2008
    randan02 wrote:

Could you please go back the passive sarcasm you do, cause you're starting to scare me.
    Edited on 02/13/2008 7:30am

tjaman

[29]Feb 13, 2008
    Well, mercury poisoning does make people irrational. "Mad as a hatter" comes from the mercury process they used to use in hat-making. The milliners who survived often went insane. So yeah, it makes perfect sense that Julia would lash out like she did, even though she was in no condition to do so.

And sorry to disappoint, but I'm fairly certain she's not dead. Otherwise, I wonder who that Julia chick was in "Conor McNamara 2026"?
    Edited on 02/13/2008 1:05pm

randan02

[30]Feb 13, 2008
    tjaman wrote:
    randan02 wrote:
    I don't know what you're talking about. You seem to hate everything about the episode,
    Seriously? I loved every second of every episode this season. I was actually pointing out the parts of the episode that I loved. Did you catch the bold print? Although looking back, I could see how' you'd get that idea. I should have used smiley faces or sumthin huh? Okay fine I hate Eden, but other than that this season is the greatest!
    Edited on 02/13/2008 7:50am
    Edited 2 total times.

tjaman

[31]Feb 13, 2008
    randan02 wrote:
    tjaman wrote:
    randan02 wrote:

I don't know what you're talking about. You seem to hate everything about the episode,

Seriously? I loved every second of every episode this season.
    I was actually pointing out the parts of the episode that I loved. I wasn't being critical, in the least. Although looking back, I could see how'd get that idea. I should have used smiley faces or sumthin huh? Okay fine I hate Eden, but other than that.............

Well, that's just sensible, in that she's evil. I agree with you that she does resemble an orange stuck on the end of a pencil ...

randan02

[32]Feb 13, 2008
    tjaman wrote:
    randan02 wrote:
    tjaman wrote:
    randan02 wrote:

Seriously? I loved every second of every episode this season.
    I was actually pointing out the parts of the episode that I loved. I wasn't being critical, in the least. Although looking back, I could see how'd get that idea. I should have used smiley faces or sumthin huh? Okay fine I hate Eden, but other than that.............

Well, that's just sensible, in that she's evil. I agree with you that she does resemble an orange stuck on the end of a pencil ...

Oh, my God, the imagery!

randan02

[33]Feb 13, 2008
    tjaman wrote:
    randan02 wrote:

And sorry to disappoint you, but I'm fairly certain she's not dead.

A man can dream can't he?

Seaig

[34]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 12
    Breathtaking! The ending was brilliant. Julia and Eden pulled that scene off deliciously (pardon the pun).

The season finale looks beyond insaine and I can't wait a week to see it. Colleen is back and crazier than ever, and we don't know who survives the Julia/Eden battle!

micmol25

[35]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 3
    Here are all my thoughts on last night's episode.

http://michaelmoller.com/wordpress/archives/326

StrongBad456

[36]Feb 13, 2008
    Wow, I watched last night's episode and I loved it. It was incredible. But one thing I didn't like was that we didn't get to see what happened to Colleen. That was one thing I was looking forward to. Still the episode didn't disappoint. I totally saw Matt insulting Rachel coming. I felt bad for her but she didn't love him and had to break up with him. I also saw emme(Is that right?) being Christians daughter. Once she said she had just met her father I was thinking it was Christian and then when she said they had the same sense of humor I knew it was true. It left me literally speechless. That is the kind of twist that makes this show incredible. And they're not even gonna stop! They're actually gonna keep doing it. I figured he would be disgusted and she would probably kill herself. They did not react like I thought they would! Wow. Matt finally finds someone good and she's possibly his sister. And I totally saw Julia dying there. Eden obviously wasn't gonna let her walk out of there alive. I just hope Julia survives but I remember hearing that the actress wanted out so they may just have Julia die. But whether she dies or not, I hope Eden goes to jail for a long time. Also anyone else think Eden is just weird. Like it seemed to me the episode before this one portrayed Eden as a girl that was tough on the outside but really confused and sorta sweet(Well, to Sean she was). Anyway, awesome episode and I so can't wait for next week's season finale. Also someone said the sixth season will be like 8 episodes long? Really?

tjaman

[37]Feb 13, 2008
    randan02 wrote:
    tjaman wrote:
    I agree with you that she does resemble an orange stuck on the end of a pencil ...

Oh, my God, the imagery!

Credit that bit of poetry to the Canadian comic genius that is Mike Myers.

jade38

[38]Feb 13, 2008
    As far as the reference to the future episode of 2026 a couple of seasons ago.....I don't think that necessarily means they couldn't kill Julia now.....because the imagery of the future then, was through their eyes at that time based on what had happened up to that point.....before the current events developed this season which can change the future, that's just my take on it.

BenoitFan989

[39]Feb 13, 2008
    I think this NT was awesome. Im really pissed the season was so short thought. Also I think matts half sister is named Emmy. Anways I love this storyline. I was actually hoping Christian will have sex with her later on. There is really no boundries for this show. Thats why I love it. On Julia being shot, I am glad. Sorry to fans of her but I hope she is gone for good all she does is whine.

Tia1225

[40]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 8

I really enjoyed last night's episode, even though it had me shaking my head the entire time. I don't see Julia dying, although I wouldn't mind if they wrote her off. I never bought the concept of Sean and Christian fighting over HER. And I did not feel the least bit sorry for her when she and Christian "officially" ended it last night. She's known Christian for over 20 years. Did she really think he was going to settle down and be monogamous with HER???? I think not!

I'm so over Matt! They can write him off too, as far as I'm concerned. I don't even want to begin to imagine what else could possibly happen to him.

EDEN- I love to hate her!!! I just wanted to reach into the television and choke the life out of that skinny, big-headed biatch last night!!! I hope she steps in front of a fast moving bus like Connor's nanny did a few seasons ago.