Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

5.14 "Candy Richards" Season Finale Episode Discussion

LostSux

[1]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 6

Here's the tv.com episode summary

"Tragedy strikes the McNamara/Troy family after Julia learns what has caused her ill health. A visitor from Christian's past brings revealing news. Sean finds the price of fame to be more expensive than it's worth. "

I think this finale will be the best one since the second season. I hope that they will take this show back to Miami if there is to be another full season. That way, this season will stand out among the others. It'll be the icing on the cake as the most unique season.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tguedry82

[2]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 9
    I don't know how I'm going to make it till tonight! I agree, this is looking to be a great season finale! I just hate it's my last week for Nip/Tuck for a while. I actually think they should go ahead and stay in LA. I think this season focused on how they got sucked into the Hollywood BS, but next season they will break through all the garbage and focus more on the surgeries and how awesome they are at the amazing ones (kind of like what Liz is telling them in that preview on fx's website) but who knows? Either way, as long as they have a full season, I will be fine! LOL

xilsex

[3]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 6
    Who will be the visitor from Christian's past?!?!

tguedry82

[4]Feb 19, 2008
    xilsex wrote:
    Who will be the visitor from Christian's past?!?!
    I know, I can't wait to see who it is! It could either be his "daughters" mother, could be the ghost of Gina as some of us had hoped, could be his mother again for some reason. It will probably be some random person we don't even know about. I just can't wait!!!

Tim_Bronx

[5]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 13
    Holy Sh*t! That ending was shocking! I can't believe we have to wait till next season to find out what happens.

WaywardUsername

[6]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 11
    oh goodness all that in one episode. i hope Colleen's is coming back for a sec. next season.

KamakaLo

[7]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 22
    Aw this sucks....what an ending

Senzol04

[8]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 4
    Jesus F*****NG CHRIST!!!!! If Sean is seriously dead and that is how, then the show is over.....I don't know whether to be more surprised or dissapointed.

helljumperx1989

[9]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 3
    Holy crap.. there was a lot of blood.. but I did see it comming, because the camera was in the right place to hid intill she stabbed him.. but wtf how can she get in all the time?

thejoe8pizza

[10]Feb 19, 2008

***SPOILER***
    Edited on 02/19/2008 8:09pm

Senzol04

[11]Feb 19, 2008
    I agree hellhumper. I would much of rather had the carver kill sean then that crazy teddy b*tch! The most classic line tonight: Christian, "YOU FREAK!" lol

jade38

[12]Feb 19, 2008

I knew psycho was gonna do something crazy, but boy, I didn't see THAT comin! ...He's gotta be dead after all those stabs and blood right?? Sean's daughter on the table and who knows what happened to Liz! geez, do we know if we're getting another season or is that still up in the air???

Julia's amnesia seems suspicious...like planned with Olivia, they looked quite close when the guys went in to see Julia...not consistent with someone who doesn't remember anyone...does anyone else think she's pretending for the sake of Olivia?

MarkAntony787

[13]Feb 19, 2008

Senzol04 wrote:
    I agree hellhumper. I would much of rather had the carver kill sean then that crazy teddy b*tch! The most classic line tonight: Christian, "YOU FREAK!" lol

Yea I loved that line too.

helljumperx1989

[14]Feb 19, 2008
    Maybe Julia wwas poisined again or something, but how could not expect something to happen? The way Liz walked back there and the camera stood in a position where you can't see where she went, the mood was right as well.. Sean finally realized what he was doing wrong and wanted to fix things and now he had to die, but I hope there is another season if not.. then that would be the dumbest ending to this series.

Senzol04

[15]Feb 19, 2008
    Julia is NOT PRETENDING. You really think she would chose someone who she was unsure she even loved over her whole family and kids?????

Senzol04

[16]Feb 19, 2008
    A much much better ending would have been sean and christian realizing their mistakes in getting involved in fame and showbusiness while they overlook the city and decide to go back to Miami. Conor should have been shown at least once in the episode and Colleen should have been sent to jail. The only unanswered plot that should have carried into the next season (if there is one.) is the julia/eden event. I'm very saddenned thinking back on the whole series and it ending this way. What a shame.

helljumperx1989

[17]Feb 19, 2008
    Man.. there was too much blood in Sean's death.. it has to be a nightmare! Please or this series is dead for sure.

jade38

[18]Feb 19, 2008
    Well, we don't know for sure. Julia had not been close with Sean for a long time, and she and Christian are on the outs too. She has not been herself lately, being poisoned and all, her judgement's been impaired and she's very weak and vulnerable right now, so who knows, Olivia could have begged her to hold off for a bit, or fed her some kind of story...as manipulative as her daughter is, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

MarkAntony787

[19]Feb 19, 2008

Senzol04 wrote:
    Julia is NOT PRETENDING. You really think she would chose someone who she was unsure she even loved over her whole family and kids?????

Yes because Olivia stood by her when Julia told her the truth about her affair with Christian. She could easily play off that she got her long term memory back, but still can't remember what happend.

louise71594

[20]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 2

Hey everyone, I am new here, but I have been watching NT since season 2..

Is it possible that this is the end of Nip/Tuck and if so, that was not a good way to end it!! However, it was a very shocking ending, I knew something would happen, but not that!

Or is it possible that its the end for Sean McNamara and possibly Liz too???

How far did Liz have to go to get what Sean needed?? It got awfully quiet for a few seconds, and then in pops

the "Freak" as Christian called her! She may have stabbed Liz too!!!

I don't remember reading anything about Seans role on this series being over, so if its not a dream and he survives, WOW!!

Great Epsiode!!

Edited on 02/19/2008 8:24pm