Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

5.14 "Candy Richards" Season Finale Episode Discussion

justinwestnet

[41]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 17
    What a great finale. The only major loose end of the season that wasnt tied up was the Eden story. What did she say and where did she go? Sean probably isn't dead. Yea he lost a lot of blood but they wouldn't kill off a major character like that and for all we know Christian or probably Liz came in just a second after the camera cuts out. I knew that was happening too the second Liz walked away and the camera angle changed. That was odd with the Christian/amputee sex but I saw that coming too when they started drinking. It's Christian Troy we're talking about here. I guess Matt and his sister got it on one last time but I wouldn't be shocked if she stuck around. She's a cutie. All in all great show and it just sucks we have to wait a while to find out what happens. I hope these 6 episodes air by April since the strike is done.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Senzol04

[42]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 4
    hey drink, "lobster claw" is an actual deformity that affects peoples lives in traumatic ways, so if you could keep your immature remarks to yourself, thatd be superb.

justinwestnet

[43]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 17
    oh and it was also neat how in the first episode they started dealing with all the fame and Sean getting the spotlight and now it came first circle in the season finale as they both realized it wasn't all it was cracked up to be and made some bad choices since their move to LA. By the way, whatever happened to the publicist that got them on the show? Did they fire her? She kind of vanished mid-season.

Neo2TX

[44]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 6
    THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE SEASON SO STOP ASKING!

Neo2TX

[45]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 6
    There are still 8 more epi's to go. people saying that if this is the end of the series then its disappointing are starting to annoy me. There are 8 to go, if its season 5 part two. or season 6 is still in the air.

SaxmanMC

[46]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 3

Probably too late for this, but SPOILER ALERT!!!

We know that more episodes of the show remain since the Writer's strike shortened the long season. I doubt Sean is dead (as mentioned we do see them in the episode that takes place in the future). What Olivia and Eden discussed before they went to see Julia may be an even bigger mystery than Sean's fate. We will probably see more of Kimber since she still has hers and Matt's daughter. Also, don't forget about Gina. The truth still has yet to come out on that issue. We'll see what happens next year. Darn Cliffhangers!!!!

LegeinofDoom

[47]Feb 19, 2008

Wait...

Shortly before he "dies" Sean mentions that he got out of his "H & S" contract. Usually when an actor asks out of a contract suddenly, they are killed off. Does anyone else think that maybe the actual show and the show within the show were more blurred together this season than we were aware

It could explain why there was a major difference in that scene as opposed to everything else in Nip/Tuck. Did you notice that Liz said "Count backwards from 100 for me" instead of "count backwards from 10". I can't imagine that would be purely accidental

Edited on 02/19/2008 9:38pm
    Edited 2 total times.

zachaag

[48]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 7
    I was not that surprised by the ending, it just seemed fitting with the rest of the episode. There is no way sean is dead, so there is no reason to even speculate. I don't really know what was the point of the car crash, other to make every character hurt and show the paparazzi are d*cks. Its still unknown about the conversation between eden and her mom which makes me believe something with julia is not as it seems. The storyline with kimber and her and matts child will still have to be addressed. Btw, how does McNamera/Troy not have better security? How could she have gotten in undetected? It was strange how sean and christian were hiding matts situation from liz. With all the stuff they have gotten into, how does that somehow cross the line?

teroriztah

[49]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    LegeinofDoom wrote:

Wait...

Shortly before he "dies" Sean mentions that he got out of his "H & S" contract. Usually when an actor asks out of a contract suddenly, they are killed off. Does anyone else think that maybe the actual show and the show within the show were more blurred together this season than we were aware

It could explain why there was a major difference in that scene as opposed to everything else in Nip/Tuck. Did you notice that Liz said "Count backwards from 100 for me" instead of "count backwards from 10". I can't imagine that would be purely accidental

this was the best theory ive read... it would be very nice.....

teroriztah

[50]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    and by the way... as far as i know..the season is over.....the 22eps is suppose to be 2 seasons.....the 8 remaining eps will be season six this fall.....

LegeinofDoom

[51]Feb 20, 2008
    teroriztah wrote:
    LegeinofDoom wrote:

Wait...

this was the best theory ive read... it would be very nice.....

Thanks. I hope it is this, but upon a few more viewings, I have one other, different theory

Annie died in the car wreck

Liz is only seen in the room with Annie through Sean's eyes. Also, Annie's wave is also only seen in frame by Sean.

Christian's conversation with Sean is quite sad and uncomfortable. When referrencing going into surgery with Annie, two lines jump out. "I thought I could at least lend some support in there" by Christian. Finally, Sean's "Do you mind if I handle this solo. I just feel like I wanna be alone with my daughter in there." sounds less like a surgeon wanting to repair a facial cut and more like a grieving parent.

After saying how he wants to be alone with Annie, we soon find that he isn't as Liz is there until she leaves for gauze and tape. However, something with Liz seems off. What she says to Annie seems an awful lot like the speech she gave Sean and Christian earlier in the episode. This coupled with the "count backwards from 100" rather than 10 just seemed unnatural for Liz.

Finally as Sean is performing surgery, he utters the line to an unconscious and bad looking Annie again that sounds more grieving father than anything else. "It's gonna be good from now on. I promise."

I'm wondering if all of Sean's interactions with Annie were nothing more than fantasy by a grieving father. Rather than sewing up cosmetic facial wounds, Sean may have been preparing the body for burial or simply just to be with his daughter. Liz was there in Sean's fantasy as she would have been in the room had this been a real surgery. However, this would explain her using a different line before doing her job. Sean getting stabbed is just the manifestation of the guilt he feels. It was his quest for fame, his relationships with two psychos (Eden and Colleen) which led to the paparrazzi getting involved, and his own failures as a family man which doomed his daughter. Colleen makes the perfect villian of the fantasy because of his own fear of her given all she's done, her ability to turn up wherever Sean was, and her representation of all that is the corruption of Hollywood. His internal injuries could be akin to the type of internal injuries one would suffer in a car wreck.

randan02

[52]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 10
    Is anyone else worried that Annie might die from a lidocaine overdose?

rozpierdoleniec

[53]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 2
    hehe, I don't think it's likely that Annie dies. I mean, the traumas in this episode just kept falling on them. they've had enough I think. that sick twisted bi*** Colleen really gives the creeps, even more than the carver did

kraylith

[54]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 10

... horrible episode... one hit after the other... coleen... amnesia... paparazzi... car-accident... stabbing...

but I'm glad - for ONCE Matt made a good decision "we can't"... finally he's showing a little self-control!!!

loved it when Olivia shouted at Shawn that he didn't know Julia etc. like she did... rofl...

I kinda understand why Shawn lied to Julia, but I wish he had not... he seemed to have grown, a least a little, but guess he didn't...-.-

also glad that Annie got at least a little screen-time again, she's part of the family after all.

I guess Eden told Olivia the truth and somehow convinced her to help her, she's crazy and evil, but she's not stupid - Olivia IS. Wonder what she would have done if Julia had not developed Amnesia. Acted like she didn't know, didn't want to believe it, then go back to Eden in secret and get on a plane to Panama to get her hideous daughter away from the feds?

but goddamn, how incompetent is the police in the series?! they can't catch one crazy lunatic f*cked up woman? why didn't they have somone constantly watch McNamara/Troy? Why didn't Shawn hire a bodyguard or whatever? that crazy **** .... gawd, i hate her! killing him in front of his daughter who is having an operation, what the effin hell?!

Coleen is now by far my most hated nip-tuck villain ever, forget the Carver, he was at least intelligent and was a nice villain, interesting. esteban was also interesting, even though evil, he was clever. that b*tch is just freakin crazy.

Edited on 02/20/2008 3:00am
    Edited 2 total times.

mattsafreak

[55]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 16

I wrote a review so I wont say much other that this: This episode could have been alot better. After last weeks August Walden, I was expecting something a bit more shocking than what we got. I dont know who posted earlier that maybe the ending was Sean hallucinating, but I like that idea. That would definitely in Seans character. He has "seen dead people" before, after all.

Mr_Ozzy

[56]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 35
    Bad finale. (thats 3 in a row now!!)

Anyone that thinks it was a dream or that Sean is dead is delusional, he will be fine by the end of the next episode (or at the beginning as I wouldnt be surprised if there is a small time jump to his recovery for the next episode).

I thought the end scene was very predictable, and not at all shocking. As soon as Liz walked out, and the way the camera moved, it was obvious.

Also what is up with the awful music?? The last few episodes they have introduced this cra**y background music for scary/exciting events. I noticed it mostly last episode, but it did pop up earlier in the ep also.

Julia's amnesia....yeh ok. Sean pretending their still married and happy? Yeh ok, like that's gonna end well.

Ok parts of the episode = paparazzi attacks + Matt and sister story resolution.

crimsonmiss

[57]Feb 20, 2008

donthurtme11 wrote:
    The series of Nip/Tuck is not over. 6 more episodes have already been produced but were cut out of season 5 due to the writers' strike. Who thought the amputee sex was extremely hot and daring? Christian's callousness towards Julia in the August Walden episode now seems like a forced attempt to keep us from overcrediting his compassion towards Darlene in this one. Maybe that last "Hearts and Scalpels" episode was written precisely to drop a hint to the media that Sean was worthy of paparazzi attention. The paparazzi appear in his life right after being on his show. coincidence? Candy Richards did not draw them to their office.

I believe that there are at least 8 more episodes yet to be filmed and these will comprise season 6.

The amputee sex....Yes I thought it was hot, and I loved Darlene.

Also agree with others that it was a great episode, but I'm glad it's not the last. So much stuff happening, and thankfully we've got some more episodes in which to explore that stuff.

Glad Julia's not dead! I really don't think she's faking the amnesia, and it's a potentially excellent storyline. The writers can truly play around with Julia's character now as she relearns/redefines herself. The amnesia has at least temporarily freed her of years of regret and pain. If the amnesia lasts awhile, even when those memories come back she won't be the exact same person.

As for Eden, well she's got at least a little time b/f Julia remembers. Olivia isn't going to turn her in. Enough time for her to stir up some more trouble....

I think Sean will pull through the stabbing, but he's been seriously damaged. The way he was sort of flailing on the OR floor (such a striking image- him on the floor next to Annie asleep on the bed) made me think he may have gotten spinal damage. It was excellent the way the writers kept building momentum on Colleen's antics. The stalking and the paparazzi...Sean got a full dose of the 'star' treatment this episode. Hope he lives through it.

So much good stuff happening this episode. Can't wait until next season...

gpatton

[58]Feb 20, 2008

Well, I'm done with Nip/Tuck. Absurdity is running too high.

Sean is stabbed (at least three inches deep which means it had to have nicked an artery) bleeding profusely and drowning in his own blood, but somehow he'll come back and survive. Julia, although being shot in the head survived, and miraculously her mercury poisoning is cured or at least abated(the focus was on her gunshot wound). One second Christian and Annie are in this T-Bone crash that would put most people in the hospital for several days if not weeks and in the next scene she is getting her cut fixed and Christian has a broken collar bone. The daughter is still on anesthesia and if not taken off soon, could suffer brain damage and we don't know what happened to Liz--stabbed as well I assume.

So let's see. Annie and Liz are gone off the show, but somehow Sean will live. Unless of course, Julia wakes from a dream and finds Sean and Christian in the shower together (along with Bobby Ewing). She freaks and runs back to bed to cuddle with Pam Ewing.

Edited on 02/20/2008 6:53am
    Edited 2 total times.

tjaman

[59]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 32
    helljumperx1989 wrote:
    how can she get in all the time?

I agree. Colleen is everywhere you don't want her to be. But especially when she was on set of H&S and security dragged her off, she needed to be imprisoned. And holy g-d, she got a DB into Sean's closet without anyone noticing?

Sean and Christian have to move into a sighted neighborhood.

crazybabecake

[60]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 13

The one thing I kept thinking through the whole episode was, They need better security at McNamara/Troy. Duh, any crazy off the street just waltzes right in off the street and causes a ruckus.

I think the Annie/Christian car accident was a little anti-climactic. I didn't want anything to happen to Annie, but the whole thing was pointless. I want to know what Eden told Olivia, when she said she needed her help. I saw this whole Julia amnesia thing coming once the doctor told Sean about the brain swelling. I meant to mention this last week after Julia confronted Eden, but I forgot. What was she thinking confronting Eden by herself? She should have called Christian or Sean first, or heaven forbid, the cops. I mean really, the demon-seed went to all that trouble to poison her to death, what did Julia think she was going to accomplish by accusing her in a room by herself. This whole thing with Matt and Emmy is just plain nasty, I hope that is the last we see of that cracked out relationship. I don't think Sean is dead, but he is probably pretty messed up.

Edited on 02/20/2008 7:25am