Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

5.14 "Candy Richards" Season Finale Episode Discussion

tjaman

[81]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 32
    Saint-Emmy wrote:
    I hope they catch Eden next series

Please G-d let it be in a butterfly net.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mspetey

[82]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 2
    Yes I do, think she is faking.

Page_47

[83]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 11
    I don't think Liz is dead, purely because they've given her so little to do this season and it just wouldn't fly (in fact, they've given her storylines and then just abandoned them - remember the eating thing from the early eps and her flirtations with Olivia up to the Christmas episode?).

I'm relatively sure Sean won't die either, whether that's realistic or not. I think he will be severely injured and perhaps paralyzed, but not dead. I'm guessing he and Julia are going to recover from their attacks together, and fall in love all over again for a nice full circle effect at the end of S6 (if it is the end )

Was anyone else reminded of the S2 finale this episode? It seemed like Candy was the new Joan Rivers and Colleen was definitely the new Carver.

I think the episode was good, and that the producers managed to pull together a decent finale short notice. Many, many plot lines were left wide open, but (most importantly IMO) they finished up the L.A. arc, firmly setting Sean and Christian in their new habitat, albeit a little worse off for it.

I'm sorry that some of you didn't like the episode, I enjoyed it. I didn't think it was perfect, but I thought it was a good last-minute season finale.

tjaman

[84]Feb 20, 2008
    Page_47 wrote:
    I'm sorry that some of you didn't like the episode, I enjoyed it. I didn't think it was perfect, but I thought it was a good last-minute season finale.

That's a good description of it -- a last-minute season finale.

I look forward to seeing how S6 goes, but I do really wonder how S5 would've gone absent the strike -- if it would've seemed a little smoother or whatnot.

I guess we'll see.

JeffreyKresse

[85]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 9

Wikipedia has changed their season 5 synopsis sometime today see below

Season 5

Nip/Tuck has finished production for 14 of the 22 new episodes, although it's unclear whether the 22 will be two seasons or considered one long, expanded season. Regardless, the 22 will not run consecutively because of the writers' strike. Nip/Tuck's fifth season officially debuted on October 30, 2007, with the finale airing on February 19, 2008. The remaining 8 episodes (15-22) are going to air in the Summer of 2008.

That is freaking awesome!!! I cannot wait.

JeffreyKresse

[86]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 9

I must say though Wiki is wrong alot so I guess I should say I am excited to see if it is true!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nip/Tuck

Jemadari

[87]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 12
    Anyone else think Olivia used her knowledge of alternative medicine to cause Julia's amnesia

mattsafreak

[88]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 16

Jemadari wrote:
    Anyone else think Olivia used her knowledge of alternative medicine to cause Julia's amnesia

Anything is possible, although we have no idea at this point what Eden confessed to Olivia. I find it hard to believe that she would let Eden get away with trying to poison and then shooting her lover. But then again, this is Nip/Tuck .

tjaman

[89]Feb 20, 2008
    Honestly, I think Eden used some sort of a bullet to cause Julia's amnesia.

foxysox

[90]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 6

Jemadari wrote:

I did consider this idea, but surely Julia would have said something before Olivia arrived, remember they ring her to say she's awake and then Olly and Eden have some kind of wierd conversation, I'm pretty sure if she had any memory at all she would have been ROARING about Eden trying to kill her!!!!

michaelhanergod

[91]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 7
    SO TO MY UNDERSTANDING THERE IS ONLY 8 EPISODES LEFT OF THE WHOLE SHOW IS THAT CORRECT. AND SEASON 6 WILL ONLY HAVE THOSE 8 EPISODES AND THIS IS THE LAST SEASON. HOPE I AM WRONG.

Can somebody please explain ?

tjaman

[92]Feb 20, 2008
    The only confirmation we have of anything at all is that there will be at least one more miniseason -- s6 -- which was originally envisioned as episodes 15 to 22 of S5, before the writers strike interrupted production.

Wikipedia says the seasonette will air this summer, but Wikipedia has been wrong about things before. I imagine it depends at least in part on how available everyone is to shoot.

dingosteve

[93]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 2
    michaelhanergod wrote:
    SO TO MY UNDERSTANDING THERE IS ONLY 8 EPISODES LEFT OF THE WHOLE SHOW IS THAT CORRECT. AND SEASON 6 WILL ONLY HAVE THOSE 8 EPISODES AND THIS IS THE LAST SEASON. HOPE I AM WRONG.

Can somebody please explain ?

The writers strike did not affect Nip/Tuck. They had all of season 5 written, produced and shot BEFORE s5 even aired. That said, s6 was left open to see what happened w/ viewer perception of s5. They wanted to see how the 14 episode s5 went before they wrote the 8 episode s6 to decide if s6 would end the show or if they would keep going.

I have seen every episode to date and Personally I think they should kill the show, im tired of the repetitive acting and plot lines. I think Sean lives.

NOTE: although the strike did not directly affect the s5/6 production, the 3 month break may have impeded critical NEW SHOW development that may have replaced N/T...so we may get more N/T simply because FX doesnt have anything else.

tjaman

[94]Feb 20, 2008
    Wow. I haven't heard anything even a little bit like that anywhere else except in that post by you.

benassi08

[95]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 1

I like the "Annie being dead" theory. The whole last scene is pretty weird, and Liz's "count backwards from 100" tells us that something is going on.

We didn't get to see what happened right after the accident, I think Annie died, and we'll see what happened after the crash when next mini-season starts. That would give some sense to the last scene.

The moment the strike began, only 14 episodes were produced (out of 22). So it's not a spectacular season finale, is just like you said before, a last-minute finale, which was pretty correct.

I like that they finished with the "Hearts & Scalpels" thing, i didn't like it at all.

Coleen absolutely rocks! I love that psycho!

Let's see what Olivia really knows, Eden is such a lil' b**ch!

Edited on 02/21/2008 6:02am

tjaman

[96]Feb 21, 2008
    If Annie or Sean die, we will know that S4s "Conor McNamara 2026" is a dream sequence or something, since both of them make an appearance in that episode.

Grammaton-Cleric

[97]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 4

dingosteve wrote:
    michaelhanergod wrote:
    SO TO MY UNDERSTANDING THERE IS ONLY 8 EPISODES LEFT OF THE WHOLE SHOW IS THAT CORRECT. AND SEASON 6 WILL ONLY HAVE THOSE 8 EPISODES AND THIS IS THE LAST SEASON. HOPE I AM WRONG. Can somebody please explain ?
    The writers strike did not affect Nip/Tuck. They had all of season 5 written, produced and shot BEFORE s5 even aired. That said, s6 was left open to see what happened w/ viewer perception of s5. They wanted to see how the 14 episode s5 went before they wrote the 8 episode s6 to decide if s6 would end the show or if they would keep going. I have seen every episode to date and Personally I think they should kill the show, im tired of the repetitive acting and plot lines. I think Sean lives. NOTE: although the strike did not directly affect the s5/6 production, the 3 month break may have impeded critical NEW SHOW development that may have replaced N/T...so we may get more N/T simply because FX doesnt have anything else.

I seriously doubt they had all 22 episodes already in the can before the November strike. I could be wrong but 22 1-hour long episodes is alot to shoot in such a short time frame and considering the cast is used to filming about half of that I can't see them being finished. I do know for a fact that shows such as The Riches, Dirt and The Shield are complete but again, those shows are running at about half the episodes of Nip/Tuck.

If I'm wrong that's fine but I'd have to see some proof that all 22 episodes are finished. A link perhaps?

Shazzygj

[98]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 3
    I agree. It was a great ending for a mediocre season. Loved how some things tied in with each other and some humorous situations too. If Sean survives (and you know he will) maybe it's a back to Miami??

BenoitFan989

[99]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 6
    I believe this was one of the best Season finalies that NT has had in a few years. Really left me on the edge of my seat guessing. I hope Sean doesnt die, but if he does I could see them making Matt a surgen.

Tessa_Patton

[100]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 7
    I really hope they'll go back to Miami. I liked this season, some storylines where a little big boring IMHO: the whole Hearts'n'Scalpels thing. It was so good to see Sharong Gless and Robert Gant toghether again (I'm a big Queer as Folk fan) but I didn't like the crazy teddybear maker thing.

This finale reminds me of The Sopranos sixth season's first episode when Tony got shot. I really don't think that Sean will die, he's one of the two main characters!

I don't know about this season's raitings, I just hope to see a wonderful sixth season, I can't wait!