Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

5.14 "Candy Richards" Season Finale Episode Discussion

michaelhanergod

[101]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 7
    But the 6th season will only have 8 episodes. that is not much at all
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jmac4ever

[102]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 5

I'm of two minds on this finale.

One the one hand, it seems like they crammed as many soap opera cliches as they could into one hour. I mean, to the point of down right obsurdity.

On the other, they sprinkled in some great scenes throughout.

This show has worked well in the past because they take these insane situations and react to them with sharp writing and great, realistic acting. It's that formula that has made the show work. It's a tightrope act. The problem occurs when the show leans too much toward the obsurd side.

I only know how to properly explain using a color analogy. Say that the obsurd stuff is red. Now say that the human psychological stuff is blue. Season two would be purple then, because it blended the two so well. So, using that analogy, last night's episode wasn't purple. It was more like even parts blue and red without the two ever mixing with each other. You get the Julia amnesia thing which is silly, then you get the cool little character moment with Annie which is awesome. You get the neat little conversation with Sean and Christian which was actually kind of deep, then you get the obsurdity of Coleen sneaking in (yet again!) and stabbing Sean which was rediculous because we know Sean will pull through.

You can never discount this show completely because the acting is always great, but shocking for the sake of shocking isn't shocking it's......obsurd.

SunsprayHoney

[103]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 12
    I think I'm one of the few who despised the finale. I really felt cheated by the whole thing, if it had been 2 hours instead of 1 they could have easily wrapped everything up. And obviously Sean didn't die, if he dies then the show dies. So until the series finale we can count on Christian and Sean always being alive.

jdutra24

[104]Feb 22, 2008
    • level: 1
    benassi08 wrote:

I like that they finished with the "Hearts & Scalpels" thing, i didn't like it at all.

I think there's a lot of hinting around at what the situation is. Hearts and Scalpels was, for better or worse, the them of this season. So anything currently going on is going to have something to do with Hearts and Scalpels. The lines have been blurred so we don't know which is H&S and which is N/T. So my theory is that when the show returns we hear "CUT!" as the first line and we'll realize that a good portion of what we've seen, particularly recently, is really H&S and not N/T. I'm not sure what is going to be included in that but the finale was so over the top that I have to figure that this was it.

We'll see.

shawnlunn2002

[105]Feb 29, 2008
    • level: 41
    The finale was meh. There are things I did like but most of it could've better.

Colleen going slasher happy on Sean was predictable. I don't think they'll kill him off pernamently but Colleen certainly did make quite the stab wounds so I'll have to suspend disbelief yet again.

Julia getting amnesia, yeah that's great. Olivia had better not be covering for Eden. Sean telling Julia they were still married and in love was dickish. That will come back to get him.

Christian and Darlene were okay. The actress was on this show before right? This was the first sex scene Christian had in a long time that didn't make me want to throw up. Still can't see Darlene as a pernament character.

Matt and Emme, less is definitely more. Man that kid makes some pretty bad judgements in women to keep Jerry Springer in episode. Choosing to not sleep with his sister at the end was wise.

Liz once again had nothing and Nip/Tuck revealed Bob was gay after they killed him off. Gee thanks.

The last eight episodes need to improve because this was seriously underwhelming.

djariya

[106]Mar 2, 2008
    • level: 19
    Some wrong information is being passed on about the 8 episodes for Season 6. Season 5 was originally supposed to be 22 episodes airing in 2 parts. The 2nd half would have probably aired in the late summer or early fall. The WGA strike interrupted production before episode 15-22 could be written, so they will air in the fall instead. Thus, they were forced to make that season 6 instead. I guess it was luck that episode 14 was written with a cliffhanger.
    Edited on 03/02/2008 5:58pm

wingsabre

[107]Mar 5, 2008
    • level: 13
    I think the worst episode of the series is "Conor McNamara, 2026." This is because Sean can't die. He's alive in the future, and that episode preety much made any future season soap opera like.

lust4jack

[108]Mar 5, 2008
    • level: 6

so last tuesday was the season finale? I was wondering why my tivo didn't record it.

The last episode was sean getting stabbed over and over?

tjaman

[109]Mar 5, 2008
    • level: 32
    Yes.

clos_vf

[110]Mar 8, 2008
    • level: 12
    WOW this was a crazy season i wish i would have seen it from the beginning instead of seeing a couple episodes!
    That lady was very crazy someone should have put her in the loony bin before the season finale.

I wonder is Sean dead or will they save him? Were gonna have to wait til September or October to see the next season huh?

mandy321

[111]Mar 21, 2008
    • level: 3
    i live in australia and have not yet been fortunate enough to watch season 5 yet! I have just finished watching season 4 of the show yesterday (watched it on dvd all day!) I am dying to know what happens in season 5!! can someone give me a run down of the major things that happen?

Togana

[112]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 9
    If they are going to kill anyone let it be either Matt's dumb ass or Julia. Great SF!

cdmjemcd

[113]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 4
    If she wasn't pretending... that was the worst acting job in history. The last time you see Eden and Olivia, Eden tells her she has to tell her something and she needs her help. Any Mothe would do just about anything for their child... even lie and threaten someone. Olivia got to the hospital first and threatened her not to say a word. I'm sure she threatened the kids or something. I will bet anything that is what happened. Maybe it's just until Eden gets out of the country.

cdmjemcd

[114]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 4
    Very good point!!!!!!

MaDMaxXx89

[115]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 29
    That season was better than 4th, but the last episode of it looked like a "Scream" mess. And I can't even imagine what's gonna be the next story...
    Btw does anybody have some info about 6th season, if either it will be shown?

FEDERALAGENT316

[116]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 2
    Julia becomes a lesbian and sean starts sleeping with her lesbian partners 18 year old daughter who starts drugging julia then shoots her in the head.
    Christian starts sleeping with julia who is cheating on her lesbian partner then christian starts cheating on her. he sleeps with the women who has hiv (can`t think of her name) on top of a roof on the ledge which causes her to fall to her death. he also fins out he has an 18ish year old daughter who matt starts sleeping with.
    Sean becomes a tv star and gets himself a crazy stalker who stabs him about 4 time in the back
    thats just a brief fundown

FEDERALAGENT316

[117]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 2
    Hope thats what you were after mandy321

GregH2000

[118]Apr 1, 2008
    This thing just keeps on going and going with a cliffhanger, there was no resolution whatsoever in this episode. I'll be damn if Colleen doens't get caught in Season 6 or the stroy line does not cover her anymore, because it would of been pointless to have her on the show. I think everything needs to come to a close in Season 6 to finalize the series. It looks like everyone got the crap beat out of them in this episode- Shawn stabbed, Christian car accident, Julia poisoned, Shawn's daughter car accident, it's crazy. I think they are going to eventually move out of Hollywood and go else where in the end because Hollywood would just be self destruction for them. Anyways just putting in my 2 cents, hope Season 6 ends it GOOD!

syndy21

[119]Apr 2, 2008
    I was left totally mortified by that Season 5's finale. I think I just sat in the chair for minutes just wondering what the heck were they thinking when they did this episode....
    I have no hopes for Season 6 except for a few dang explanations.

syndy21

[120]Apr 2, 2008
    I agree with Jd...I hope it was some show or dream. It was too much for me.