Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

A very uneven series is S5

JaceJones

[21]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 8

SleepTight wrote:
    I just watched 'Magda and Jeff' and i've had enough of this show. Unless this season turns out to be a character's horrible dream, there is no way it can be redeemed. It's sad to see a once great show go down the drain. It really is

Go.
    Watch.
    Something.
    Else.

Something like YouTube videos, maybe. There's a little surprise there for ya.

Edited on 01/23/2008 12:54pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Tim_Bronx

[22]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 13
    JaceJones wrote:

SleepTight wrote:
    I just watched 'Magda and Jeff' and i've had enough of this show. Unless this season turns out to be a character's horrible dream, there is no way it can be redeemed. It's sad to see a once great show go down the drain. It really is

Go.
    Watch.
    Something.
    Else.

Why are you getting upset just because they don't like the show anymore? They have the right to voice their opinion.

But also I don't agree with the original poster who hated Magda and Jeff; I really liked it. I thought it's the best episode they've had this season besides "Dr. Joshua Lee". I think they're finally starting to get to the juicy meat of this season's storylines. The plots are improving from the start of the season, now if the show could just get back to the truth and real emotion it had in the first couple of seasons I"ll be one happy camper.

JaceJones

[23]Jan 23, 2008
    Tim_Bronx wrote:
    JaceJones wrote:

SleepTight wrote:

Go.
    Watch.
    Something.
    Else.

Why are you getting upset just because they don't like the show anymore? They have the right to voice their opinion.

But also I don't agree with the original poster who hated Magda and Jeff; I really liked it. I thought it's the best episode they've had this season besides "Dr. Joshua Lee". I think they're finally starting to get to the juicy meat of this season's storylines. The plots are improving from the start of the season, now if the show could just get back to the truth and real emotion it had in the first couple of seasons I"ll be one happy camper.

That individual complains about each and every episode, rarely has anything constructive or even remotely important to say, and every negative comment rains on my parade. I don't like rainy parades, so I don't like his posts.

Saralee74

[24]Jan 24, 2008
    • level: 7
    I have not written into this thread before but I really want to say that I believe that Nip/Tuck has always had its ups and downs, but even at its worst it is still better than most of the junk that is on network tv these days. I love this show, I own all four season on DVD and I will continue watching it as long as Ryan Murphy is willing to continue creating it. I think that the show in season 5 is being created to display that this move to LA is hard on all of them, hence the uneven footing that the show has taken on. The loss of normality, the pissiness of the characters, etc... Someone said a few posts back that it was unbelievable that everyone they know moved to LA with them. I do not think it is that unbelieveable that employees without ties might make a move to keep a job with people they are comfortable working with. Remember Liz especially is more like family to Christian and Sean than employee. Julia is in LA because of her girlfriend but seemingly will be staying for an indeterminate time frame. Matt and Kimber came to LA to CON Christian and Sean. That is not unheard of either when a son or daughter is dependent on drugs. So far I don't see anything odd with these people following them out to LA. As far as Dawn goes...she is a mega millionaire and can go wherever she wants... AND Gina has always been a leech, not suprised at all to see her turn up in the picture. I think that everyone is entitled to their opinions but seriously if you don't like the show and when you watch each episode and you find yourself wondering why you are watching it...then...WHY do you keep watching it?? Do you just like to make yourself upset or do you really just enjoy complaining? But seriously people, if you hate the way the show is going, stop watching it. Just because you have watched it for four seasons does not require you to watch the fifth season if you hate it. However, this show is not meant to make you feel good and give you warm fuzzies...remember the tag line. A DISTURBINGLY PERFECT DRAMA! So my final verdict is I think the show is right on course and I still love it and the characters. Thank you for reading my post.

tguedry82

[25]Jan 24, 2008
    • level: 9
    Saralee74 wrote:
    I have not written into this thread before but I really want to say that I believe that Nip/Tuck has always had its ups and downs, but even at its worst it is still better than most of the junk that is on network tv these days. I love this show, I own all four season on DVD and I will continue watching it as long as Ryan Murphy is willing to continue creating it. I think that the show in season 5 is being created to display that this move to LA is hard on all of them, hence the uneven footing that the show has taken on. The loss of normality, the pissiness of the characters, etc... Someone said a few posts back that it was unbelievable that everyone they know moved to LA with them. I do not think it is that unbelieveable that employees without ties might make a move to keep a job with people they are comfortable working with. Remember Liz especially is more like family to Christian and Sean than employee. Julia is in LA because of her girlfriend but seemingly will be staying for an indeterminate time frame. Matt and Kimber came to LA to CON Christian and Sean. That is not unheard of either when a son or daughter is dependent on drugs. So far I don't see anything odd with these people following them out to LA. As far as Dawn goes...she is a mega millionaire and can go wherever she wants... AND Gina has always been a leech, not suprised at all to see her turn up in the picture. I think that everyone is entitled to their opinions but seriously if you don't like the show and when you watch each episode and you find yourself wondering why you are watching it...then...WHY do you keep watching it?? Do you just like to make yourself upset or do you really just enjoy complaining? But seriously people, if you hate the way the show is going, stop watching it. Just because you have watched it for four seasons does not require you to watch the fifth season if you hate it. However, this show is not meant to make you feel good and give you warm fuzzies...remember the tag line. A DISTURBINGLY PERFECT DRAMA! So my final verdict is I think the show is right on course and I still love it and the characters. Thank you for reading my post.
    Totally agree with everything you said SaraLee! I totally don't mind hearing anyone's opinions, but if you can't stand any aspects of a show, why continue to put yourself through it? I also totally agree the move for everyone seemed pretty normal. It's not like they brought everyone over all at once, like the 1st day or anything, it was a gradual move according to each ones's situation...

JaceJones

[26]Jan 24, 2008
    Saralee74 wrote:

I WAS THINKING THIS EXACT SAME THING THIS MORNING! I was gonna post it when I got back from work, but you said it perfectly. All praise due to Allah (and you, too).

Jeric-Ho

[27]Jan 24, 2008
    • level: 34
    The first 3 or 4 episodes of the season bored me to be honest, i could not for the life of me see a storyline anywhere, it was all just random, but the newer ones have been better thank god! still dont think nip/tuck has had a better storyline since the carver though!

JaceJones

[28]Jan 24, 2008
    Jeric-Ho wrote:
    still dont think nip/tuck has had a better storyline since the carver though!

Oh...wow...:\

Tim_Bronx

[29]Jan 24, 2008
    • level: 13
    Jeric-Ho wrote:

Oh, come on! Ava beats the carver hands down. I wish Ryan Murphy could find a way to bring Famke back.

JaceJones

[30]Jan 25, 2008
    Tim_Bronx wrote:
    Jeric-Ho wrote:

Oh, come on! Ava beats the carver hands down. I wish Ryan Murphy could find a way to bring Famke back.

I don't. They could never recreate the magic of her storyline. If they bring her back, they will ruin what they've done.

newcastleboy

[31]Jan 27, 2008
    • level: 5
    I think they should end the show after S5. It's run its course.

JaceJones

[32]Jan 28, 2008
    newcastleboy wrote:
    I think they should end the show after S5. It's run its course.

Don't think then.

Page_47

[33]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 11
    Jace you rock my socks!!

Anyway, I'm enjoying this season of N/T. I agree everyone seems to be looking for S2 again (I'm sad to say I have too), but the truth is that the characters have all become different people from who they were back then, and making them repeat old storylines like that to get ratings would not go down well in the end. Thankfully, N/T is still fresh, intelligent and witty. And as long as it stays that way, I won't complain as to how the writers do their jobs.

bluslder

[34]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 1

Before I state my opinion on season 5 just let me say I have only seen the first season. I never watched Nip Tuck as I usually dont like network programs as I think their stupid. My freind let me borrow season 1 a few months back and I fell in love with the series. I never saw season 2,3,or 4 but I do plan on buying them on DVD. Now on my opinion of this season...... I think it has came along very nicely even though it started out kinda slow but its nice. I love where the whole Eden thing is going and how she is and seeing Sean in a TV show is priceless lol. Christian I believe is starting to realize some of his real big problems ( sex addict) and the whole Matt sitiuation, lets just say he does need to mature from what I know about him. All in all if you don't like where the show is going don't watch it because you aren't being entertained. I love this series and is the only TV show I watch regulary(besides Japanese Anime haha).

teroriztah

[35]Jan 29, 2008
    for the record i loved the connor episode.......i find it entertaining.......