Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

COLLEEN'S APARTMENT - The Official "I'm sweet, Nip/Tuck isn't" Thread

RebeccaDeWinter

[21]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 1
    JaceJones wrote:
    This thread is for all of you who think you can do so much better writing Nip/Tuck. For all of you who think this season has marked the beginning of the end when it's clearly just the beginning. For all of you who find it necessary to make thread after thread after thread of how disappointed you are thus far (the only difference between each thread is the title).

I'm pretty sick of you. I think most of us are. Complaints are welcome, I suppose. I don't want to see them but I guess that's what a forum is for. But I'm tired of reading them, or glancing over them, in threads where praise should be given. The last two episodes were awesome. Even if there were some parts in "Kyle Ainge" I didn't like too well, I still love where this season is going. Everything is fresh, new, and vaguely similar to what Nip/Tuck used to be (despite what your "educated" opinion leads you to believe). I'm tired of you guys crying here and there. Now, you guys can all cry here.

There's tissues in the bathroom next to the C.A.A agent's corpse if you need them. Any complains not logged here shall result in the writer being stuffed...and I don't mean the Thanksgiving-Day-I'm-so-full kind.
    I couldn't agree more. Kindred spirit!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JaceJones

[22]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 8
    ashaikh148 wrote:

Look Jace it's not like anyone told you to personally respond to every disgruntled viewer that writes about what's wrong with the show. If you decide to take it upon yourself to address every grevience made against nip/tuck that's your choice but that doesnt mean that you can just tell everyone who posts a page rant about how the show needs to end to have one thread to themselves.

If you dont like what someone is saying and youve made your opinion clear already then just dont respond to them. Honestly there's always going to be someone who isnt happy no matter the circumstances.

And also you dont have to love every episode to be a fan of the show, if that happens to be the case with you then that's honestly awesome but that doesnt mean you have to talk down to anyone who wasnt thrilled with some aspect of it. It's clear that even though the complaints can get annoying anyone willing to put in the effort of writing them is probably a longtime fan of the show.

I get it, the page long rants about how bad things are and how the show sucks are getting old, but trust me trying to shove them all into one thread isnt going to work.

I'm not so much to keeping the posts in one thread as much as I am making a stand with how I feel about these retarded threads that pop up bi-daily.

tguedry82

[23]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 9
    JaceJones wrote:
    ashaikh148 wrote:

Look Jace it's not like anyone told you to personally respond to every disgruntled viewer that writes about what's wrong with the show. If you decide to take it upon yourself to address every grevience made against nip/tuck that's your choice but that doesnt mean that you can just tell everyone who posts a page rant about how the show needs to end to have one thread to themselves.

If you dont like what someone is saying and youve made your opinion clear already then just dont respond to them. Honestly there's always going to be someone who isnt happy no matter the circumstances.

And also you dont have to love every episode to be a fan of the show, if that happens to be the case with you then that's honestly awesome but that doesnt mean you have to talk down to anyone who wasnt thrilled with some aspect of it. It's clear that even though the complaints can get annoying anyone willing to put in the effort of writing them is probably a longtime fan of the show.

I get it, the page long rants about how bad things are and how the show sucks are getting old, but trust me trying to shove them all into one thread isnt going to work.

I'm not so much to keeping the posts in one thread as much as I am making a stand with how I feel about these retarded threads that pop up bi-daily.

I totally agree...I think you rock for this forum. If they can keep creating their disasters, why can't you? I also think Colleen's Apt. is perfect, cause it's where she breeched insanity and killed the agent, just as former "Nip/Tuck fans" would like to murder a masterpiece...

Musicals101

[24]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 6

Jace, thanks for the great thread. I did feel a tinge of a "Tales from the Crypt" flashback during the scene in Colleen's apartment, but they are moving the story along quickly with her bear fetish and her insanity exposed the very next week. The writing has always been good and stomach-turning since the 1st season. They truly are original... even critics of this show have to admit that they've never seen these stories on other shows. I've just learned not to ever be eating anything while this show is on.

However, I don't think this is the "beginning" for the show. The season is over in 2 episodes and this will be 5 seasons. I can't see this show going more than 2 additional seasons. Has Ryan Murphy said anything about when he wants it to end?

SweetThickness

[25]Feb 6, 2008
    Jace, I think that I am in love with you...can I show you my Jace Bear?
    Edited on 02/06/2008 10:36am

JaceJones

[26]Feb 6, 2008
    SweetThickness wrote:
    Jace, I think that I am in love with you...can I show you my Jace Bear?

Only if you show me from a safe distance and promise not to make a life-sized one. :\

JaceJones

[27]Feb 6, 2008
    Musicals101 wrote:

Jace, thanks for the great thread. I did feel a tinge of a "Tales from the Crypt" flashback during the scene in Colleen's apartment, but they are moving the story along quickly with her bear fetish and her insanity exposed the very next week. The writing has always been good and stomach-turning since the 1st season. They truly are original... even critics of this show have to admit that they've never seen these stories on other shows. I've just learned not to ever be eating anything while this show is on.

However, I don't think this is the "beginning" for the show. The season is over in 2 episodes and this will be 5 seasons. I can't see this show going more than 2 additional seasons. Has Ryan Murphy said anything about when he wants it to end?

I agree. It just sounded better than saying "the beginning of the end and this is just really close to the end but it's not over yet." But yeah...I can't see the show going past season 7, if that. I think the novelty has begun to wear off, which is why people are tuning out nowadays. Though Nip/Tuck has the new Carver-era of fans that are still fresh with the show, we who have been watching since day one are dwindling in numbers a bit.