Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

Disappointing ending

schlacko

[1]Mar 3, 2010
    • level: 15

yeah...I'm not normally one to complain about these sort of things, but I was REALLY hoping Sean would finally kill Christian. or Liz could have killed him... someone should kill Christian. and why couldn't Matt have made even a single smart decision throughout the entire show... self-circumcision, shemale, meth, agreeing to be a sloppy bottom, scientology, mime, mime-crime, dropping out of college, nazi girlfriend, incest, shemale again.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

justinwestnet

[2]Mar 3, 2010
    • level: 17
    Yea that was an ok ending. Being Nip/Tuck I kept expecting something shocking to happen like Matt showing up and offing Christian out of frustration or for it all to be a dream, but no, it went out quietly...and with closure which was pretty neat. Wasn't bad but it could have been better.

Grammaton-Cleric

[3]Mar 3, 2010
    • level: 4

The ending, like the last several seasons of this show, was weak. After all that tension and a build up to something dramatic they end the show like a sitcom replete with corny music and sappy goodbyes.

Also, anyone else annoyed by the fact that Eden never gotexposed for poisoning Julia? Actually, there were a number of plot threads that were ignored or forgotten.

And Matt's ending was beyond stupid.

Like I predicted, this show overstayed its welcome and most people won't remember how good the first three seasons were but rather will remeber how bad the whole endeavorfinished up. What a waste.

At least FX's Justified looks promising.

qtwanderer

[4]Mar 3, 2010
    • level: 27
    I expected more...you guys mostly sum up what I was thinking so no need to repeat it but I have seen worse endings and It did give off the closure feel (though it could have been better)...the fans from the ear;ier seasons will remember how good it was as a whole, I think...

mo_man91

[5]Mar 3, 2010
    • level: 15
    i thought the ending was amazing

FINALLY every character put their needs aside and did something good for the people they loved. and christian going to the bar at the end was the perfect ending because we'll know he's never gonna change, just like he said in his office "people never change"

kraylith

[6]Mar 4, 2010
    • level: 10
    Disappointing, but so was the show for a long time, so not really surprising.

Sean had another round of "I've changed! ... oh, no, guess I didn't" etc. Matt is the most f*cked up character ever, I hate him so much....

Some parts were nice, but felt a bit forced, Christian finally deciding to let Sean go etc.

"You're a doctor?" .... seriously....?

greysanatomy12

[7]Mar 4, 2010
    • level: 16

I liked it!I thought the way they ended it was really smart.

tjaman

[8]Mar 4, 2010
    • level: 32
    It was OK. Sean opened the pilot episode trying to leave and Christian demanding he stay. We end with Sean accepting that all good he tries to do turns to crap so he'll just sink into the materialism, and Christian booting him from the nest.

Liz rejecting Sean so vehemently was unexpected, but given Sean's other parenting outcomes it's understandable. Matt setting up a kind of "No Exit" situation where he wants Ava, Ava wants Jemma and Jemma wants Matt is worth a movie down the road somewhere. Christian left the way he began, and now he has a brand new Kimber to torment -- along with his new partner, Liz.

Sean joining Doctors Without Borders was something he's wanted to do all his life, he will find fulfillment and move on with his life but is anyone else a little worried about Sean getting overinvolved in the lives of the people he's trying to help? He'd be better off joining Doctors Without Boundaries.

Nothing would be perfectly satisfying and it went out with more of a whimper than a bang, but for these lives and these characters, the family dinner with everyone but Matt (I'm so glad Ramona tossed his ass to the curb -- wow does she deserve better), Art Garfunkel in the background, Christian at the bar.

It was an amazing run. Thank you Murph.

krestin

[9]Mar 4, 2010
    • level: 9

I actually enjoyed this episode. Sure would I have hoped for some drama or non-sappy that crapped out of this episode? Yeah, but it was very fitting for all the characters.

Christian being able to put aside his selfish motives and send Sean packing to do something good and worth his time. I loved that he was able to put everything they been through aside and just let him go. It's like one of those old relationships you keep coming back to and in the end you finally realize you have to bury in the ground. The ending part with the Kimber look-a-like was excepted, but you know what? What can you expect. For years people have tried to change Christian Troy and he just won't. So what he sends his best friend off and people think it'll enlist some kind of soul into him? Like he said he's never going to change and that's that.

Matt is and always will be a screw up. I hate that he had go ride off into the sunset with the he-she evil doer, Ava. I feel sorry for his daughter that he has raise around his evil tranny. I don't think I hate a character like I do with him. I think Matt has more of Christian's qualities than Sean ever has. Such a disappointing character that has never deserved any sympathy

All in all: I thoroughly enjoyed all the episodes Nip/Tuck brought. Whether it was bad or good ones. I've stuck by this show through all of them. I honestly believe they had a good run.

Edited on 03/04/2010 9:53am

tjaman

[10]Mar 4, 2010
    *applause

hmnut7

[11]Mar 4, 2010
    • level: 12

I was pretty disappointed, it felt like the writers were saying "just wrap this thing up, have everyone say good bye and lets get home before traffic."

It was just lazy writing all around. Right down to the recycle of music from season 2's finale. Maybe they thought they could psyche us out and make us think it was the same great show it was back then.

My thoughts are. Julia and Liz, were wasted in this episode, especially Julia. The family dinner scene did not have the same emotional impact that they use to (I guess because these people are no longer a family and haven't been for a few years) it just felt like they threw it in because they felt their had to be one last family dinner.

I don't mind Matt being so ****ed up that he actually begs Ava to take him back (after she has twice dumped him to get free surgery) but it doesn't sit well with me that he used his own Daughter to do it too. If he wants to screw up his life that's one thing but now he is screwing up her life too. I mean he is knowingly and willingly letting his daughter be raised by a woman who watched her own son die and walked away from his body leaving it to rot and she left abandoned her second child because he wasn't beautiful enough. Yeah that's a Mother of the year.

Yeah Sean leaving to save the children of the world..... eh I don't know if I like that ending. It just feels like there was something missing. Sean and Christian's relationship never seemed to be the problem in my eyes, so that whole "I'm letting you go so I don't kill you" sounded like BS. Christian and Sean looked out for each other, and took care of each other and made each other better people and doctors. It is so rare in life to find friendship like that. Not that Sean leaving was bad per se, just that it seems like those two could have found a way to finally let Sean do his sainthood mission while still staying partners. By the same token, without Sean I would think Christian would become an even bigger *** hole.

Plus Christian picking up a girl the same way he picked up Kimber, seemed tired, he didn't even seem that into it, just like "this is who I am, this is what I am suppose to do, let me just go through the motions.

NONE OF THIS IS BAD PER SE!!!!! It is just no closure IMO. It all feels like there is still another chapter, a what happens next.

Edited on 03/04/2010 8:38pm

tjaman

[12]Mar 5, 2010
    This all could've ended in the pilot episode. Sean buys Christian out and starts his own practice and leaves Julia to hook up with Christian, they find Matt's been Christian's biological son all along and live dysfunctionally ever after with Escobar on their case. Cue Art Garfunkel.

CharmedOneP391

[13]Mar 5, 2010
    • level: 19

I didn't HATE the finale...but most parts i didnt enjoy. I guess i agree with Murphy about making sean and christian go their seperate ways in the end. But i was hoping that Kimber wasn't really dead. because there was ZERO PERCENT shock value. there was no shock value at all in the final 9 episodes for that matter. I thought matt was going to die. I was hoping for it. He just screwed up his daughters future...I was hoping that since they were all at the airport that Christian and Sean would find them with Ava and take the baby away..but nope. it was a strange finale...just seemed kinda bland. but i didn't hate it..it was ok. 7.5 out of 10

Edited on 03/05/2010 8:56am

BenoitFan989

[14]Mar 5, 2010
    • level: 6

I guess I am in the minority who thought it was a good ending. Though I will admit I was expecting Sean to kill himself. I thought this whole season Sean would die in the last episode. Though it is good how they ended it because it makes it seem they are all at good points in their lives. Minus Matt, who frankly, I dont care about one bit.

qtwanderer

[15]Mar 5, 2010
    • level: 27
    Yeah I thought Sean was going to off himself too...strange

Aussieh

[16]Mar 6, 2010
    • level: 5
    loved it.

Scottnsc

[17]Mar 6, 2010
    • level: 1

Just got to watch the finale this morning and let's just say I'm glad it's over. This show had become as manic as it's characters - good one week and awful the next. I started watching the show on DVD from Netflix. The show was so good I upgraded my membership so that I could get new discs more quickly. That initial goodness faded the last several seasons, but I stuck it out until the end because that's just what I do.

lansed

[18]Mar 6, 2010
    • level: 3

i'll miss nip/tuck. it was like an instituition in our home. ending was sad as......

was good i say. will make think of what those characters are up to in years to come.

which is how a show should finish.

torque4015

[19]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 18
    I don't get is why they made Matt such a Loser. I was a fan almost from the start so I stuck it out the end. Now it's time to move on Juistified start's soon

tjaman

[20]Mar 8, 2010
    WALTON GOGGINS!