We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

has nip/tuck finally had its day.?

POTTYLISA

[21]Feb 22, 2008
    • level: 10
    Hi everyone, watched season finale last night and although I wouldn't say it was the best yet it was pretty good.Great ending, I wonder whether crazy Colleen will become the carver/2 take annie hostage and go on a further murderous rampage,hacking up all the agents in tinseltown, and maybe the rest of the hearts and scalpels cast. Or maybe she'll just give Christian what he's been looking for all season a GOOD STUFFING.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Encablossa

[22]Feb 22, 2008
    • level: 12
    Nip tuck has died at season 3, I expect season 6 to be the worst.

budbundy1997

[23]Feb 26, 2008
    • level: 8
    season 5 was terrible. they wen over the top and jumped the shark many times. i'm done with this show (and i used to LOVE it till the end of season 3).

Halloweenbaby

[24]Mar 12, 2008

I agree with you, budbundy. Although, there were moments I enjoyed during Season 5, most of it was stuff we've seen already. How many times is Sean gonna get attacked? How many times is Julia going to go back and forth between Christian and Sean? In one season, a crazy person poisons and then shoots Julia, then a different crazy person stalks and stabs Sean. Give me a break!

Nip/Tuck has lost the heart of what was once a really good show.

That being said, I'll probably still watch because I want to see how this all ends.

Edited on 03/12/2008 8:44pm

headmonkeys

[25]Apr 6, 2008
    • level: 7

While I admit that Season 4 was lacking, since the villain was so lame and didn't really do anything, or escalate situations, Season 5 has been amazing so far. It does get to be a little back and forth, but that could be because the show deals with the same three characters, who are always in a love triangle situation. And sure Julia jumps back and forth between Sean and Christian, and yes I ocasionally groan, but it does happen over the course of 5 years (ie. its never back and forth over and over in one season) and it's the stuff going on around the love triangle that still keeps the show interesting.

I also really appreciate the humour they've brought back to the show, and not just in a 'mean' joke way with friends making fun of each other. I love all the Hollywood characters, and weird cases.

Last year, I probably would have agreed with you that the show is lagging behind what it once was, but now I really think it's the best it's been in quite some time.

sapphyreseas

[26]Apr 20, 2008
    • level: 2
    This season made me wonder what the McNamara's did in a past life to deserve such bad karma.

POTTYLISA

[27]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 10
    headmonkeys wrote:

While I admit that Season 4 was lacking, since the villain was so lame and didn't really do anything, or escalate situations, Season 5 has been amazing so far. It does get to be a little back and forth, but that could be because the show deals with the same three characters, who are always in a love triangle situation. And sure Julia jumps back and forth between Sean and Christian, and yes I ocasionally groan, but it does happen over the course of 5 years (ie. its never back and forth over and over in one season) and it's the stuff going on around the love triangle that still keeps the show interesting.

I also really appreciate the humour they've brought back to the show, and not just in a 'mean' joke way with friends making fun of each other. I love all the Hollywood characters, and weird cases.

Last year, I probably would have agreed with you that the show is lagging behind what it once was, but now I really think it's the best it's been in quite some time.

Glad your enjoying season 5 I don't know how much you've watched but I found after a good start it began to go downhill although you may disagree I just feel it's lost it's sparkle compared to the early seasons and storylines have become tired and unoriginal.

Ms1fan

[28]May 6, 2008

good or bad, has season 6 been confirmed to air?

tjaman

[29]May 10, 2008
    • level: 32
    That's what they say.

entity0

[30]May 21, 2008
    • level: 28
    i just hope this new season isnt as dissapointin as the last =\

vicky24c

[31]May 24, 2008
    • level: 24
    I think tha its becomign a bit les relastic now, btu I still enjoy watching the show.

Random862

[32]May 25, 2008
    • level: 7
    I got into this show later. I started watching towards the end of the carver season. I got caught up with reruns.

IMHO this show as "jumped the shark" and they should have left last season's ending as the series finale! Not that last season was much better, but the season finale had wrapped things up nicely.

I've tried to watch it now that they are in California, but it's just too darn stupid. Soap operas, reality shows....yet another young female stalker after Sean.

I haven't watched this show in weeks because it's gone down hill so badly and I was finding myself feeling embarrassed for the actors having to act out those stupid scripts.

barkbarkdiedie

[33]May 27, 2008
    I agree. Season 5 did start off great. Notice the show always goes downhill every time the storyline focuses on Julia or she's invovled in some way. She's not one of those love to hate characters. She's a "make me cringe and want to change the channel" character. There's only so much of confused midlife crisis ex-housewives that I can take.

KingofIPirates

[34]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 32
    Season 5 had some good episodes a few bad ones and most on the side of mediocrity. Hopefully they can reignite the flame of the previous 3 Seasons into season 6.

vicky24c

[35]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 24
    I also think that the show is going downhill.....its just simply not what it used to be

dawnaic

[36]Dec 12, 2008
    • level: 12
    vicky24c wrote:
    I also think that the show is going downhill.....its just simply not what it used to be

I agree. I really hope they can redeem themselves with the remaining episodes.

wingsabre

[37]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 13
    "Conor McNamara, 2026" was the episode that really jumped the shark for me. It was sooooooo un-realistic and fantasy that it was painful to watch. Not just that but what's the point of watching the series if they do an episode like that. We know Sean and Julia never gets together. Matt will eventually become a doctor. Christian will still be himself and will not change for the better. Annie will grow screwed up and blame it on her parents. Season 4 as a whole was sub par and recycled. It really took away the realistic approach from seasons 1-3, especially in the season finale where they did a music number. Season 5 part 1 just sucked. Sean has evolved into a narcissistic individual who worries about profit and fame more than worrying about treating those who couldn't be treated as he did in seasons 1-3. I miss the surgeries.

kary_82

[38]Jan 1, 2009

I also didn't like the last two seasons very much. There was some great episode of course, the acting and stuff was as good as usual, but I found season 4 awfully boring. Season 5 was slightly better but it ended up as an already-seen, not entirely convincing collage. I'm not saying it was all bad, but in the end I was very disappointed about every storyline. It was especially painful not seeing Christian anymore, he barely had a place on season 5, but Sean's character deserved more too.

I was almost under the impression that writers got bored with their own storylines, since they kept on abandoning and cutting them off: ie., Sean had an affair with Eden, then he left her, then he was suddenly back to her but just for a while, then she left him but she loved him... ???... The same goes with Annie, Olivia and Christian, at the end of the season we barely know what they were up to during the last episodes.

Then, the surgeries: maybe the great disappointment of season 5 were the patients, they were desperately dull and pointless, while they had an active role in the past.

Hope season 6 will be much better, this show can't end up like this

Edited on 01/01/2009 7:45am

Drrd57

[39]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 4
    kary_82 wrote:

Then, the surgeries: maybe the great disappointment of season 5 were the patients, they were desperately dull and pointless, while they had an active role in the past.

I really liked Nip/Tuck when it started, got through some bumpy eps, some just not so good, but now find myself debating about watching anymore. Do I still care? Don't know yet.

It just seems like Sean and Christian are caricatures of the people we saw in season one. They never really change, never really grow, never really learn anything. I was really disappointed a while ago when someone with the show promised that Christian will never change. Like this was a good thing? Why watch characters that never change? Same for Sean.

I guess I'm realizing I'm tired of Christian getting into trouble and being a jerk, always thinking of himself first. Tired of the stuff between Julia and Sean. Tired of Sean always being a victim, and being too nice. And tired of them introducing stuff just to be strange, but that never gets followed up on. (I've given up hope that Sean's weird visions will ever amount to anything but strange scenes to watch.)

I haven't cared about any of the patients in a long time, and when Sean got attacked felt... pretty much nothing. No surprise, no worry, no concern. Of course he'd be back, same old nice guy/victim of life he always is.

I just don't know if I'll watch the new ep yet. I'm afraid it will, once again, feel like getting stuck on a tread mill. Same old thing over and over, but really getting nowhere in the end.

thegamer516

[40]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 3
    Drrd57 wrote:
    kary_82 wrote:

I really liked Nip/Tuck when it started, got through some bumpy eps, some just not so good, but now find myself debating about watching anymore. Do I still care? Don't know yet.

It just seems like Sean and Christian are caricatures of the people we saw in season one. They never really change, never really grow, never really learn anything. I was really disappointed a while ago when someone with the show promised that Christian will never change. Like this was a good thing? Why watch characters that never change? Same for Sean.

I guess I'm realizing I'm tired of Christian getting into trouble and being a jerk, always thinking of himself first. Tired of the stuff between Julia and Sean. Tired of Sean always being a victim, and being too nice. And tired of them introducing stuff just to be strange, but that never gets followed up on. (I've given up hope that Sean's weird visions will ever amount to anything but strange scenes to watch.)

I haven't cared about any of the patients in a long time, and when Sean got attacked felt... pretty much nothing. No surprise, no worry, no concern. Of course he'd be back, same old nice guy/victim of life he always is.

I just don't know if I'll watch the new ep yet. I'm afraid it will, once again, feel like getting stuck on a tread mill. Same old thing over and over, but really getting nowhere in the end.

I believe that is the point. People will never change who they are. You can get all the plastic surgery in the world, but in the end, you will always be the same. The lack of any change in the characters, not development, only change, further reinforces that theme.