We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

has nip/tuck finally had its day.?

tjaman

[41]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 32
    Yeah, but in that case I'll go watch something that isn't yesterday's chewing gum.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Rychki

[42]Jan 22, 2009
    • level: 4

Nip/Tuck is one of my alltime favorite shows. In the 'old days' I couldn't get enough of it. But I started losing interest (just a tad) circa season 3, and then season 4 was pretty abysmal.

But have tuned in once more due to the hype of the cliffhanger return and I'm so glad I did. The show has truly returned to form and I'm once again utterly hooked.

Have those who thought it's 'jumped the shark' tuned into the new season and is so, have your opinions differed? I mean we've received focus on Christian and Sean - the two characters and relationship that actually matters. Some interesting twists, witty dialogue "except for Wilbur, he doesn't talk much", awesome music and some damn fantastic acting. It's been moving, poignant and seriously, how could one not love it?

tjaman

[43]Jan 22, 2009
    • level: 32
    Meh. I'm watching it for a sense of completion. I've loved so much of it and I could love it again, but right now I'm accepting it. Last ep was good but not great, certainly not up to the high standards the show has set in the past. I think I gave it an 8.5. Looking forward to what they come up with next -- it looks like Kimber isn't done torturing her child.

SMGslayer97

[44]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 34
    You know since season 4 things have been rough. Season 4 just lost a lot of the thrill of the first three years. I thought the first half of season 5 was better then a lot of people gave it credit for, despite some out there episodes and moments. But season 5 part 2. I don't know what on earth they are thinking. The biggest throw is this Christian/Liz thing. I mean the latest promo (if it's for real) it's totally insane. I know Christian is sick and what not but wow it really seems like they are running out of things to do with the characters.

The stock pretty boy who gets lots of girls getting sick and then committed is a HUGE cliche.

evaroig

[45]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 1
    I used to think this was a great show but it's been going downhill for me for a few seasons now. You can occasionally get interesting patient stories but they are nowhere near as relevant as they used to be. The doctors' personal stories take more room in the show, which is bad because the last few seasons they don't really seem to have a personality. They are pure cliches. At first Christian was a jerk, but there were some redeeming qualities about him, his feelings for Julia... and Shawn was the responsible one, but somehow they didn't seem flat. I'm disappointed. They've made them go through so many crazy unbelievable stories and, as someone said on this forum they don't evolve or learn anything. It's a soap now.