Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

I want the old Nip/Tuck!

ebbydmp

[1]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 13
    Is anyone else hating these outrageous storylines that they're coming up with now. Like them being on a reality show and Sean being this big star on a top rated tv show and the other little stupid things that are in the show now. What I've always loved about Nip/Tuck is that crazy, off-the-wall things happened to them, but the situations weren't so crazy that they weren't believeable. Like the Escobar story, I know there is at least one plastic surgeon removing cocaine filled boobs in Miami. But now they're taking parts of the storyline from reality shows and YOUTUBE! When did Youtube become a place for finding good ideas! Nip/Tuck in my opinion is going to pot. I think they might need to go back to Miami.

(I will say though I love the kooky agent. That's it.)
    Edited on 02/01/2008 12:18pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JaceJones

[2]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 8
    ebbydmp wrote:
    Is anyone else hating these outrageous storylines that they're coming up with now. Like them being on a reality show and Sean being this big star on a top rated tv show and the other little stupid things that are in the show now. What I've always loved about Nip/Tuck is that crazy, off-the-wall things happened to them, but the situations weren't so crazy that they weren't believeable. Like the Escobar story, I know there is at least one plastic surgeon removing cocaine filled boobs in Miami. But now they're taking parts of the storyline from reality shows and YOUTUBE! When did Youtube become a place for finding good ideas! Nip/Tuck in my opinion is going to pot. I think they might need to go back to Miami.

You want the old Nip/Tuck? Well, you're not getting it.

ebbydmp

[3]Feb 1, 2008
    JaceJones wrote:
    ebbydmp wrote:

You want the old Nip/Tuck? Well, you're not getting it.

Explain yourself.

BenoitFan989

[4]Feb 2, 2008
    • level: 6
    I will admit It has gotten a little campy in some of season 5, but I think its picking up again. Just look at last episode. Its getting more interesting every week, just like it was in S2 and S3.

Mabelyn1

[5]Feb 2, 2008
    • level: 20
    well to tell you the truth alot more people started watcjomg now like me i didnt even know i was on its 5th season i thought it was a new show that was starting now, I think the crazy ness makes it more no more 21 century i do aadmite it does get a little crazy sometimes

ebbydmp

[6]Feb 3, 2008
    Mabelyn1 wrote:
    well to tell you the truth alot more people started watcjomg now like me i didnt even know i was on its 5th season i thought it was a new show that was starting now, I think the crazy ness makes it more no more 21 century i do aadmite it does get a little crazy sometimes

This show is so weird now even I didn't know it was on its 5th season and I've been watching since the 2nd episode.

JaceJones

[7]Feb 3, 2008
    ebbydmp wrote:
    Mabelyn1 wrote:

This show is so weird now even I didn't know it was on its 5th season and I've been watching since the 2nd episode.

Riiiiight.

Explanation: Nip/Tuck is never gonna be what it used to be. It's evolved. And it literally can NEVER go back.

JaceJones

[8]Feb 3, 2008
    Which, in my eyes, is fine with me, btw.

ebbydmp

[9]Feb 3, 2008
    JaceJones wrote:
    ebbydmp wrote:
    Mabelyn1 wrote:

Riiiiight.

Explanation: Nip/Tuck is never gonna be what it used to be. It's evolved. And it literally can NEVER go back.

You can't say it will never go back becuz all I want is for them to have stories that are believeable again. Ryan Murphy needs to get off whatever he's on.

tjaman

[10]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 32
    What was so much more "believable" about them being able to make Escobar look exactly like a different Most Wanted criminal? Or a serial brutalizer? Or Sean hooking up with a witness protection person and her son and just hanging out with them at his house for a week? Or a guy who built a guillotine mechanism to amputate his own leg? Or some guy stitching bits of several corpses together so as to have sex with them? Or a woman faking stigmata? Or an international seduction and kidney-stealing ring? Or hey, a liposuction machine spurting adipose matter in every direction?

How is anything that has ever happened in this show been any more believable than what's going on in this season, specifically?

Edited on 02/03/2008 2:47pm

JaceJones

[11]Feb 3, 2008
    ebbydmp wrote:
    JaceJones wrote:
    ebbydmp wrote:
    Mabelyn1 wrote:

Riiiiight.

You can't say it will never go back becuz all I want is for them to have stories that are believeable again. Ryan Murphy needs to get off whatever he's on.

Believable? Okay. Like tjaman said, when has Nip/Tuck been 100% believable? Suspend your imagination a bit, son.

P.S. It's HILARIOUS that you responded in this thread but not the Kyle Ainge Episode Discussion Thread. Guess I got ya there.

Greeza

[12]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 7
    Wow, I totally agree with you. I am devasted. This used to be a semi realistic show and now it's a total embarassment. Sean sleeping around? NO WAY Christian having sex with Gina after knowing she's HIV positive? NO WAY I think the worst story line is the Christian/Julia one, as if, you would hook up with your ex husbands best friend AGAIN, Given it's what ruined her marriage in the first place. I MISS THE GOOD 'OL DAYS.

JaceJones

[13]Feb 4, 2008
    Greeza wrote:
    Wow, I totally agree with you. I am devasted. This used to be a semi realistic show and now it's a total embarassment. Sean sleeping around? NO WAY Christian having sex with Gina after knowing she's HIV positive? NO WAY I think the worst story line is the Christian/Julia one, as if, you would hook up with your ex husbands best friend AGAIN, Given it's what ruined her marriage in the first place. I MISS THE GOOD 'OL DAYS.

I can kind of see your point. You know wh-

Oh. Wait a minute. You're a Britney Spears fan? Then you must be as looney as she is.

LostSux

[14]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 6

JaceJones wrote:
    Greeza wrote:
    I can kind of see your point. You know wh- Oh. Wait a minute. You're a Britney Spears fan? Then you must be as looney as she is.

BenRyan33

[15]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 16
    I'm not gonna lie, it's always been crazy and "shocking" but there used to be a bit more realism and less "soap-opera-esque" ridiculousness. I want to believe that there is still hope for this show to turn it around but I keep getting my hopes up and then being let down. It's still entertaining but I have come to expect more from Ryan Murphy.

entity0

[16]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 28
    i think the show shouldnt be more believable as suggested cause of course its never been believable as was suggested as well but it does need to stop goin in the direction of a really bad soap opera/ jerry springer type show! im sorry the storylines have been way too much of a freak show then a daring drama and for all the nip/tuck die hard fans im one as well but at least i know when to call it quits for this season and pray to god that if we do get a 6th season that its back to its original roots as a daring awesome drama instead of outrageous randomness!

satori123

[17]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 2
    In my opinion this is the beste nip tuck season ever. So i can't understand the britney-fans weeping.

dyle123

[18]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 26
    I thought Season 5 was pretty bad... still some enjoyable and shocking moments but by far not the best season. I think it has become pretty predictable and repetitive.

I think my major problem with it is that the Carver storyline was such a huge success that almost everyone on the show now turns out to be psychotic. Pretty much every season since has revolved around a new stalker/psycho, well mini-psychos here and there. I cannot imagine the show ever having a storyline like Megan O'Hara's, and that's the problem. I don't mind the psychos, they make the show exciting, but when that's all there is and it's constantly the same... it's gets boring. Example not only did we get Eden this Season but also Colleen who butchered Sean in the ultimate Psycho-sty!e.

I don't know if anyone else has the same problem, but that's the way I see it. And I don't have a problem with the show not being believable, I don't think it ever was, but I don't want it to be SO ridiculous that even the play-school teacher is a psychopath. And at this stage you can pretty much tell straight away, here's another lunatic. And it's not like it's a new thing, Season 1 had it's own pyshcopath in Escobar but he was much different and more complex than the ones we're getting now, different motivations, well he had motivations to begin with. Now, ever since the well-received Carver plot we are just getting the same mad characters recyled over and over again.

The show needs to return to more emotional and raw storylines, relationships, characters etc, maybe the odd crazy person but tone it down a bit. Also, but to a lesser extent, every time Christian meets a new woman it's like "Ok he's going to sleep with her" and 99% of the time, he does.

Well, I'm strangely looking forward to the next season (will there be one?!) because I'm hoping that they can sort the show out and I'm glad the boys have given up on fame. Maybe next season we can stick to just one lunatic, not every single recurring star. And I don't mean the crazy patients, a little weird and quirky is, but not when everyone turns out to be an obsessed murderer and/or biter!
    Edited on 03/28/2008 11:34am

[19]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 29
    I wish it could go back too... and if they continue this Shawn being the popular and "hot" one I'm gonna puke and then stop watching the show!!