Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

I'm beginning to believe that Sean has schizophrenia...

coolguyx_2003

[1]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 8

After years of hallucinations (including one of his own subconsciouss), I wouldn't put it past the writers to have planned this all along. Otherwise, how are we supposed to believe that he actually survived the brutal stabbing? Frankly, I've had this theory since Season 4 and believed it actually holds merit after I attempted to reason how he's going to get out of this one (the stabbing). Any thoughts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tjaman

[2]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 32
    The only way for him to survive a stabbing like that with all of that blood loss would be for him to be discovered and stabilized immediately.

Since that's actually still possible, that's the possibility I'm holding out for, since a dream sequence would be very disappointing.

brein1327

[3]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 12
    We can guess all we want, but we can always count the show runners to take the show in an unexpected direction.

ebbydmp

[4]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 13
    The writers of this show aren't that good to have planned for Shawn to be schizo or something. However, I am confident that whatever they come up with will be very uninteresting and lame.

tjaman

[5]Feb 25, 2008
    ebbydmp wrote:
    The writers of this show aren't that good to have planned for Shawn to be schizo or something. However, I am confident that whatever they come up with will be very uninteresting and lame.

I'd put Jennifer Salt up against anything I've seen you write in here ...

ebbydmp

[6]Feb 26, 2008
    Who's Jennifer Salt?

tjaman

[7]Feb 26, 2008
    One of the writers.

RebeccaDeWinter

[8]Feb 26, 2008
    • level: 1
    ebbydmp wrote:
    Who's Jennifer Salt?

Nip/Tuck Media Guide:

Jennifer Salt began her career as an actress. She was featured in a number of films, such as Brian De Palma's Hi Mom and Sisters, Robert Altman's Brewster McCloud and Woody Allen's Play It Again, Sam. She appeared on Broadway in Oliver Hailey's Father's Day and appeared as "Eunice Tate" on the long running TV show Soap. Her father was the Academy Award winning screenwriter Waldo Salt (Midnight Cowboy, Coming Home) and in 1991 she took up the mantle and began her career as a screenwriter. She has written a number of MOW's and pilots and worked on the USA series Sins of the City. Her feature Tempo with Melanie Griffith and Rachel Leigh Cook will be released on DVD this summer. Her adaptation of Jane Smiley's Good Will is also about to go into production -- one day it will happen. Her son, Jonah Greenberg, is also a screenwriter and producer.

ebbydmp

[9]Feb 26, 2008
    tjaman wrote:
    One of the writers.

Don't mention just her because I don't want it to look like I just dislike her. I have a problem with all the writers. They write the show like its a daytime soap except they get to add a few curse words and the sex scenes are well you know.

sapphyreseas

[10]Apr 20, 2008
    • level: 2
    coolguyx_2003 wrote:

After years of hallucinations (including one of his own subconsciouss), I wouldn't put it past the writers to have planned this all along. Otherwise, how are we supposed to believe that he actually survived the brutal stabbing? Frankly, I've had this theory since Season 4 and believed it actually holds merit after I attempted to reason how he's going to get out of this one (the stabbing). Any thoughts?

So maybe Christian is Sean's Tyler Durden... The first rule of Fight Club is - you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is - you DO NOT talk about Fight Club.

Okay, that was silly. Silliness aside, I've also theorized that Sean struggles with mental illness.

Pangbulle

[11]Apr 21, 2008
    • level: 2
    :
    So maybe Christian is Sean's Tyler Durden... The first rule of Fight Club is - you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is - you DO NOT talk about Fight Club.

You know what.. that would be somehow quite awesome, but it would also destroy the show and be a bit difficult to pull off, and clearly the writers cant have thought of it since season one.