Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

I'm debating whether to watch the whole series, need some opinions

Azndude51

[1]May 4, 2007
    • level: 10
    I've heard a lot of good things about the show and have started watching from the beginning. I'm currently on the fourth episode and enjoying it. However, though I like it I'm still not that compelled to keep watching. Does it get better/more compelling later or is it just about the same? As in, if I keep watching, will I like it more as it goes?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lostcy

[2]May 5, 2007
    • level: 20
    the first episodes weren't very good in my opinion.it gets better though.
    Season 1 was Ok but season 2 was awesome!I think you will be hooked! so i recommend you to continue watching the show,wait for the best to come... (in season2 ).Also season 3 is great.

queerlybeloved

[3]May 5, 2007
    • level: 44
    I'm with lostcy. Season 1 is good but it takes some time to really get into it. However, there are some great episodes to come, especially 'Megan O'Hara' and 'Adelle Coffin'.

Season 2 is absolutely great as is most of Season 3, whilst Season 4 is just fantastic.

SMGslayer97

[5]May 6, 2007
    • level: 34
    In all honesty I didn't get hooked until season 2, which is in my opinion the best season. Season was of course not bad but I do think that in the beginning it had a bit of hard time starting off, finding it's footing. But I do think it gets much better.

lostcy

[6]May 6, 2007
    so we all agree that season 2 is the best

Azndude51

[7]May 6, 2007
    • level: 10
    Thanks for the advice guys, I will keep watching and hopefully grow to love it when season 2 comes along.

kimberrocks

[8]May 6, 2007
    • level: 9
    Season One was good, Season Two was fantastic, Season Three was a huge let down, and Season Four was great

SMGslayer97

[9]May 7, 2007
    • level: 34
    That's the thing about Nip/Tuck a lot of the fans have very different opinions about all four seasons, season 2 seems to be the only one that people are one hundred percent agreed upon.

lostcy

[10]May 8, 2007
    yeah.
    i think that season 3 was great!it wasn't a let down.

***SPOILER***

JaceJones

[11]May 8, 2007
    • level: 8
    Actually, I think season 1 was second best. Season 2 had the biggest twist, but season 1 was a little more original, seeing as it was the original season. Then season 4, then 3.

niptuckSean

[12]May 10, 2007
    • level: 13
    Season 1 and 2 were pretty good, don't expect much from 3 and 4 though, they sucked really bad =\.

laneyparker

[13]May 12, 2007
    • level: 2
    S1 got my attention (with agreat deal of help from the kind drs. asses!!!) but yep, S2 is what got me hooked . . . can't wait til S4 on dvd

lust4jack

[14]May 22, 2007
    • level: 6
    I think if you want to understand past things you need to watch the season 1,2,3 and 4. It is a great show!

SleepTight

[15]May 23, 2007
    • level: 36
    Are you kidding me? I was hooked from the start.

sookietex

[16]May 23, 2007
    • level: 4
    Azndude51, at first i thought you were kidding when i read "i'm debating whether to watch the whole series, need some opinions" [you gotta admit it does sound like something stewie would say to yank someone].  anyway, i'm with SleepTight, i was hooked from the first ep [and unlike some, i did not think S3 sucked].  i am addicted to nip/tuck,  and do not want to be cured.

perry511

[17]May 25, 2007
    • level: 3

Season 1 had a few horrible incidents, but the story was slow to develop.

Season 2 introduced major characters plot twists, etc.

Season 3 Was Carver centric, but it wasn't obvious when the Carver would show up

Season 4 Had good moments, but I figured out the organ harvesting bit as soon as it started 

Seaig

[18]Jun 25, 2007
    • level: 12
    Season 1 - Beautifully kicked off the series in a high gear and managed to successfully introduce the characters as well as vital storylines which further develop in and ultimately shape the seasons to come. The Cara Fitsgerald and Megan O'Hara storylines are personally the season's strongest elements. I was impressed with Escobar's storyline as well; it definitely came full circle and left room for further development down the road.

Season 2 - Nip/Tuck's best season. Julia's paternity test results are realized, Ava Moore makes her mark in Miama, and the Carver strikes for the first time. This season picks up where season 1 left off and procedes to provide character development through brilliant storylines which leave you on the edge of your seat throughout the entire season. Ava, Adrian, and Merrill personally shined this season.

Season 3 - The Carver becomes this season's main storyline and definitely doesn't disappoint. Other storylines successfully blend into the Carver storyline and make for an action packed season. Matt deals with Ava's revalation by starting the season mixed up at a Tranny bar and ends the season with a bang when he dates a Neo-Nazi. Kat and Quentin are great additions to the cast and Kimber and Gina particularly shine this season.

Season 4 - Brings the first 3 seasons full circle and is definitely the most unexpected season. Christian questions his sexuality, Sean and Julia have a deformed baby and cheat on eachother with unusual nannies, Liz falls vicitim in an interesting kidney harvesting storyline, Michelle and James join the cast and give mind blowing performances, and Escobar and Merrill's storylines resurface in a shocking interwined way.