We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

Isn't Nip/Tuck going to suffer because the WGA are striking?

matwamango

[1]Nov 7, 2007
    • level: 41
    Nip/Tuck has only just started the new Season and with the strike i am worried that it is going to get delayed. All the best shows are being affected. The last strike went on for 22 weeks if this is the same case then we are in for a long wait.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thejoe8pizza

[2]Nov 7, 2007
    • level: 9
    most shows stocked up on scripts in advance cause they knew it was coming so we should be safe for a while

SMGslayer97

[3]Nov 7, 2007
    • level: 34
    I believe I recently read on Ausiello's column, just today in fact, that Nip/Tuck has enough scripts to finish the season.

slim324k

[4]Nov 8, 2007
    • level: 12
    I hear the same, that they stock piled so they're good to go. They usually film in bulk because of locations and restrictions unlike other shows that do a lot of sound stages and so forth.

headmonkeys

[5]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 7

They may have enough scripts to finish the season, but if the rest of the cast and crew decides to support the writers, and not cross the picket line, then the scripts will not be shot.

I haven't heard what position is being taken by the cast and crew, but I know MANY other shows have been haulted altogether. So I guess we'll have to wait and see how many eps air, or wait till we hear an official annoucement.

matwamango

[6]Nov 18, 2007

New news!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.wga.org/subpage_member.aspx?id=2587

Straight from the WGA website.

The WGA and AMPTP will return to the table for negotiations.

All I can say is FINALLY!

Although this doesnt necessarily mean the end of the Strike and the writers can go back to writing. Just means that WGA and AMPTP will begin to negotiate. Hopefully this all ends quick and they are all in agreement and we can get our favourite TV shows back on air and we can go back to watching all our shows that we love.

sirkluz

[7]Nov 21, 2007
    • level: 5

Ifound this :

"how the writers' strike affects nip/tuck

"Nip/Tuck"-5th season, the 22 episodes were planned for two cycles: 14 to run from now to February and eight next year. All 14 in the first cycle have been written. So, only the second cycle could be affected.

^^ now with this in mind, and the fact that most shows are gonna be done mid december,you think they'd play those 14 episodes, right?

yeah, right."

slim324k

[8]Nov 22, 2007
    • level: 12
    matwamango wrote:

New news!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.wga.org/subpage_member.aspx?id=2587

Straight from the WGA website.

The WGA and AMPTP will return to the table for negotiations.

All I can say is FINALLY!

Although this doesnt necessarily mean the end of the Strike and the writers can go back to writing. Just means that WGA and AMPTP will begin to negotiate. Hopefully this all ends quick and they are all in agreement and we can get our favourite TV shows back on air and we can go back to watching all our shows that we love.

Although that's good news what is on everyones mind is if and when they come to an accord, when will the writers get back on the blocks.

matwamango

[9]Nov 26, 2007

http://tvdecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/11/26/strike-news-writers-studios-return-to-negotiating-table-today/

This is good news for all of us out there. I think but don't get your hopes up yet.

TokenLabs

[10]Dec 2, 2007
    • level: 2
    sirkluz wrote:
    "Nip/Tuck"-5th season, the 22 episodes were planned for two cycles: 14 to run from now to February and eight next year.

Next year, as in late October of 2008? I sure hope not, because that is an awfully long time.

headmonkeys

[11]Dec 2, 2007
    • level: 7
    Cable channels like HBO and Show Time usually plan their seasons out a year in advance. Usually. So hopefull that's happened with Nip/Tuck though as people have said, talks have resumed as well.

cez01

[12]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 2
    Maybe its a good thing that the writers are having a strike. Not just for the "financial" aspect of things. Nip tucks writers should of had a break to re-evaluate where the hell this season is heading to, a theme perhaps? I don't care, I want the less satirical comical moments of their TV careers (far fetched\. More of the twisted themes and insight into the human psyche. Oh and of cause more Christian!

cattlover

[13]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 3
    sirkluz wrote:

Ifound this :

"how the writers' strike affects nip/tuck

"Nip/Tuck"-5th season, the 22 episodes were planned for two cycles: 14 to run from now to February and eight next year. All 14 in the first cycle have been written. So, only the second cycle could be affected.

^^ now with this in mind, and the fact that most shows are gonna be done mid december,you think they'd play those 14 episodes, right?

yeah, right."

I knew that the ads for "Season Finale" for next week seemed insane. Now I understand.. I hope we don't have to wait all Summer. Then again.. the show has been totally off-the wall (not in a good way) for about the last six episodes.