Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

Latest episodes are terrible, found myself skipping through

Encablossa

[1]Jan 30, 2009
    • level: 12
    Shock value after shock value, just to make up for the poor plot. I've been watching since season 1, won't be watching again. Goodbye
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kadodian

[2]Jan 30, 2009
    • level: 23
    Well I guess that's your oponion. I think this season is alright...not the best but it's okay.

tjaman

[3]Jan 31, 2009
    • level: 32
    It's gotten better since its return, imo. I wasn't holding out a lot of hope, myself, but the Christian-Liz thing is an interesting storyline (they're exploring bisexuality with the Angela character on "Bones" as well, which makes for some interesting writing).

As for Roxy -- omg. That was pretty front and center. She didn't want to kill herself (so she made sure she was in a doctor's office), but she did want to force the issue and felt like she had to demonstrate her conviction. That was just ... wild.

Now, if it were me, I'd have gone to another plastic surgeon (there's got to be two or three in L.A. somewhere if she looked), but I guess her ties to Christian were just that strong.

And the carving knife doesn't get out of the drawer enough, dramatically speaking.

Hers was just a less planned out version of what Ben White did, and that wasn't perfect but it wasn't impossible, either.

Page_47

[4]Feb 6, 2009
    • level: 11
    Encablossa wrote:
    Goodbye

Ciao

loreleicorinne

[5]Feb 6, 2009
    • level: 6
    This season is alright IMO. The last episode left a little to be desired but it was ok.

rsnones

[6]Feb 7, 2009
    Encablossa wrote:
    Shock value after shock value, just to make up for the poor plot. I've been watching since season 1, won't be watching again. Goodbye

I'm agree with you...and I hope this season be THE LAST!!!

WaywardUsername

[7]Feb 10, 2009

rsnones wrote:
    Encablossa wrote:
    I'm agree with you...and I hope this season be THE LAST!!!

i wish it were the last too, but i think they have 1 more to go. I'm really trying to like this season but the story is just going nowhere. I never liked the whole Julia is a fullblown lesbian thing now, and to just kill off Olivia (she suddenly wants to look the way she did when they met? they just met like 3 minutes ago geez!)makes it feel like the first half of this season(from 2 yrs ago) was a waste. I liked the development between Christian and Liz (more believable that Liz was falling in love with the person and not just turning straight), i hope Roma didn't leave permanetly because this new replacement is such a blatant Mary Sue.

oblivious789

[8]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 2

I'm glad others feel the same way I do about this whole season. While last season was a bit crazy, I think the writers have gone and outdone themselves with the shear craziness of these people's lives. Granted this was expected when they went "Hollywood", but honestly, this show is turning into nothing more then a glorified reality TV show. I'm done with the show as well at this point.

It's pathetic that FX thought it would be a good idea to keep this crap and drop The Riches which actually had something. They could do so much more with the characters that come in for work, but they decide to develop already overdeveloped and over hated characters.

I absolutely loath a majority of the characters, feel remorse for a third of them and the remainder I could care less about. Maybe the writers should have aimed towards making viewers want to keep the TV on rather then throwing the remote through the screen!

[spoiler]
    I'd like to add that the issue about children's cosmetic surgery was something they did right, they just could have played it out a lot better. Basically today they had 2 dick surgeries and baby botox... I'm quite aware that people are shallow, but the whole episode didn't do anything for the character development except prove that Kimber is more of a corrupt wench then we all knew. It was obvious that Sean was going to sleep with the new anesthesiologist as soon as Liz left.

Basically I'll sum up the rest of the season... Matt will try to get custody, he'll learn what Christain did, they will fight. Sean will be angry, but Christain will turn it around and inform Sean he's being a self absorbed brat. Julia will come back temporarily because she can't handle taking care of the kids alone in New York and to try to help Matt get custody of Jenna. Aiden's picture will pop up on the web when the anesthesiologist gets canned because Sean blew up, which will result in them reusing the idea of Sean almost losing his medical license because ultimately Aiden's movie will be his final downfall and he had to take it out on Sean for screwing up EVERYTHING in his life. At the end of the season, Sean, Christain, and Matt will want a change of scenery now that Matt was able to somehow get to keep Jenna and they show will move to New York for the final season.

Edited on 02/10/2009 11:35pm

Encablossa

[9]Feb 12, 2009
    • level: 12
    - They get a typical ignorant indian character (An attempt to revive the plot).
    - Shaun survives the murder attempt (predictable).
    - Christian car gets hit (boring and done before shock value)
    - Christian gets cancer (shock value)
    - Hot chick who turns into a total psycho and slices her tit (shock value)
    - Olivia dies (unbelievably convenient)
    - Indian kid gets blown by a dude (unnecessary and disgusting shock value)
    - Liz makes out with her arch enemy Christian (Huh? retarded shock value).

So where is the main plot?

This show started sucking in mid season 3.

iva1988

[10]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 8
    its not the best ever but its certainly worth watching. more kimber would make it awesome. so im holding out for that one

shakasrepresent

[11]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 3
    I think that, with the exception of 2 or 3 episodes, the second half of season 5 sucked, I liked the first half though, its one of my favorite seasons but since the return the episodes were just stupid and disapointing like ,I dont know if Joelys leaving the show but if she is, that was a very stupid way to remove her character, Christian is marrying Liz even though hell cheat on her over and over possibly ruining their friendship, everything was just F***ked up. I just hope the writers come to their senses and start making better episodes for season 6 cuz this show is goin downhill fast.