We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

Nip/Tuck got cancelled

fredbalsdon

[1]Jun 21, 2009
    • level: 6
    When "Nip/Tuck" made its debut in 2003, it broke cable-viewing records and instantly distinguished itself with its stylized look, tongue-in-cheek tone, gorgeous stars and fresh take on America's obsession with beauty and youth. Those qualities earned it a Golden Globe for best drama, critical acclaim and water-cooler buzz that lasted for most of its first four seasons.

But when one of FX's signature series quietly wrapped last week on the Paramount lot, it did so without the usual fanfare associated with the end of a noteworthy show. In part, the silent send-off was because TV viewers won't see the "Nip/Tuck" finale, which finished shooting on June 12, for a long time, probably as late as 2011, making it tricky to publicize. Behind the scenes too, during the last week of production, there was an awkward sense that the end had already happened, since much of the crew had already moved to creator Ryan Murphy's new Fox musical, "Glee," last year, and Murphy himself was out of the country location-scouting for an upcoming movie.

"It's sad because it feels incomplete," said script supervisor Diana Valentine, who asked the cast to sign her finale script in between takes of shooting the show's last family dinner scene, which included almost every major character. Valentine, who joined the series in its second season, worked on "Beverly Hills, 90210" for its entire run. "It's not the same feeling I had when I was wrapping on '90210'. It feels incomplete, kind of separate. It's very hard."

Source: latimes
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vandonmar

[2]Jun 23, 2009
    • level: 5
    I'm not surprised. After a while its "shocking" storylines no longer had the same effect they did in ensuing episodes. I lost interest in it. FX's decision to stretch it out into 2011 though I find idiotic.

LadyInque

[3]Jun 26, 2009
    • level: 24

Making this to fans and people that follows the show, iven right now, is a shame really bad its wrong i mean after Five Seasons... cancell the final one?!???! This is a shame treally bad IF ITS TRUE its a shame

XO XO

BabyKitten199

[5]Jul 12, 2009
    • level: 7
    This is such crap! What a rip off for fans!!! We deserve a decent season with a decent series finale considering how we got screwed thanks to that stupid writers strike. This is pure & utter bulls***!!! It's crap like this that causes shows to lose fans...

shilllsing

[6]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 9
    Whoa. What are you people above me freaking out about? It's not "cancelled". Nip/Tuck is simply done being made. They gave it a proper ending and everything. It just hasn't been aired yet. It has one season left to air which will be cut into two parts like Season 5. It's meant to be the final season. The only reason the person in the interview says that it feels incomplete is because they are talking about filming the last episode without some of the behind the scenes crew who have moved on to other projects. They had to keep it low key because its a long time before anyone will see it. They couldn't have a proper goodbye with everyone if there is such a thing. It's like some of your family moving far away and then having a last family reunion without half the family. That's all.

Nip/Tuck will end on its own terms with a real proper ending. No sudden cancellation at all.
    Edited on 07/20/2009 11:43pm

LaurenceTenitri

[7]Jul 29, 2009
    • level: 5

You guys freaked me out!!!I almost cried :'(

LadyInque

[8]Aug 4, 2009
    • level: 24
    shilllsing wrote:
    Whoa. What are you people above me freaking out about? It's not "cancelled". Nip/Tuck is simply done being made. They gave it a proper ending and everything. It just hasn't been aired yet. It has one season left to air which will be cut into two parts like Season 5. It's meant to be the final season. The only reason the person in the interview says that it feels incomplete is because they are talking about filming the last episode without some of the behind the scenes crew who have moved on to other projects. They had to keep it low key because its a long time before anyone will see it. They couldn't have a proper goodbye with everyone if there is such a thing. It's like some of your family moving far away and then having a last family reunion without half the family. That's all.

Nip/Tuck will end on its own terms with a real proper ending. No sudden cancellation at all.

Thanks god its not cancelled just END being produce

XO XO

dh4645

[9]Aug 7, 2009
    • level: 15
    so when does this last season start?

tjaman

[10]Aug 15, 2009
    • level: 32
    October 2009.

2crzy4u

[11]Sep 30, 2009
    • level: 1
    Thank you Dr. M & Dr. T for a DELICIOUS show. I have started to rewatch season 1, since I can not down load season 6 yet. My move to Costa Rica has it's limits and everyone will know the final season ending before me, but I will have watched everything twice! tppppth

showinuse9

[12]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 11
    well you look at every series in my opinion, the show ALWAYS go downhill when there is some kind of break in the group that started the show. In this case the fact that shawn and julie seperated, then moved to LA then im not even sure are they still in LA or back to Miami right now? I could give a bunch of examples of this including the Shield and House and plenty others. When that group really breaks up the show kinda breaks down, for me at least. I can't speak for everyone. I know this show was so great and a definite guilty pleasure. But the moral backbone of the characters kinda went to. I always loved the fact Shaun was the moral one whereas Christian was the bad one, but Shaun actually started to be more and more screwed up and i stopped really caring

tjaman

[13]Feb 14, 2010
    Yes, after last week's talk talk talk episode this thing can end pretty much any time. Christian calling Sean an alcoholic? Pardon me, Mr. Pot? Mr. Kettle on line 1, something about being black?

CharmedOneP391

[14]Feb 18, 2010
    • level: 19
    I actually liked last weeks episode with the therapist..I thought it was the best episode as of late because lets face it most Nip/Tuck's season 6 episodes are pretty lackluster..but last weeks sparked my interest a lot because I wanted to hear what they thought of eachother. I called the crazy woman right when she walked in I knew she would shoot the DOC, so I'm happy this show is ending because it's really predictable..but I still like the show. I'll love to see how it ends.

kraylith

[15]Feb 25, 2010
    • level: 10
    By now I won't mourn the show's demise...

This episode was weak again. Oooh Ava is back and oooh Matt is STILL the same f*cking idiot. Neither Christian nor Sean can give up on Julia....

Guess this will keep on till the show finale. By now I've given up hope the show will get good again.

TylerA46

[16]Feb 25, 2010
    • level: 11

One more to go! I hope it goes out with a bang. Some of the A-holes dying maybe. The Carver should come back, kill Ava, Matt, Julia. I hate Julia the most. She takes the kids first to New York, now to England and is ugly, annoying...

BTW, didn't Ava kill her/his son? How the hell could she have been cleared.

Edited on 02/25/2010 2:48am

mbe3204m

[17]Feb 25, 2010

Why does the header of this post say "Nip/Tuck got cancelled"? It never got cancelled. Just because Murphy wasn't around for some of the last season's filming doesn't mean his vision isn't what we're seeing on the screen each week heading into next week's finale. The only reason it may not have felt like a "complete" ending (and look at who the LA Times asked - a script supervisor, not the actors) is because Murphy moved on to some other things that demanded a lot of his time. The show is in its (very long) sixth season. Those other things unfortunately kept him from dedicating a lot of time to the show's last season. Same thing happened w/ The Shield; the last episode was filmed without the creator (though that was due to the writer's strike).

On to the more relevant stuff: after last night's episode, I have no clue how they can satisfy all of the storylines within one hour. A lot of people are going to die (unlikely) or it'll just be a ho-hum finale with Matt (SPOILER ALERT) living with Famke, making yet another stupid decision; Shawn/Christian barreling along in middle age; Julia living on the other side of the world. I'll at least be watching, but not sure they can satisfy all of this in one hour.

Edit: posted this before I saw Shill's response above.

Edited on 02/25/2010 6:58am

mbe3204m

[18]Feb 25, 2010
    kray, the finale is next week...you won't be satisfied if you're waiting for the show to get a lot better in its final hour a week from yesterday.

mbe3204m

[19]Feb 25, 2010
    Tyler, Ava did not kill her son. Her son killed himself while in Ava's arms. You saw him take out the knife & stab himself when we were meant to think that maybe it was Ava's hand or maybe her son was about to kill her. Don't you people watch the show...?

tjaman

[20]Feb 27, 2010
    kraylith wrote:
    Oooh Ava is back and oooh Matt is STILL the same f*cking idiot.

A-freeqin'-men. Matt's about the dumbest dumbass in Dumbassia. This hit-and-run criminal screws a post-op, a pre-op, a Nazi, marries and has a baby with a woman who was practically his stepmom and they get addicted to meth and become Scientologists. Then he's dating his half-sister and then his cellmate.

Finally his meets a nice, drama-free, down-to-earth girl who can deal with his backstory and he leaves her at the altar for dude-looks-like-a-lady who's been back in his life for about oh let's be generous and say it was all of a day (although it was mostly one night).

How he hasn't swallowed a gun barrel in a moment of desperate clarity is beyond me. Seriously, did he share a bed with Sean and Julia up to and until they conceived Annie? Because this boy is screwed up.