Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

Nip/Tuck icons

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[21]Jan 3, 2006
    • level: 10
    tjaman wrote:
    I'm more comfortable presenting male.

I'd agree with that. Most of the time when I see a female icon you automatically assume they are actually female unless they have a macho name or something. It wasn't the main reason I picked GOB as my icon but the fact that he's a guy didn't hurt in my decision. I'd say the main reasons are that he's one of my favorite characters on tv and yeah.. supposedly I look a lot like Will Arnett according to a lot of people I know.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dezigner4web

[22]Jan 3, 2006
    • level: 17
    He is displayed in this icon with such a defiantly devilish grin.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[23]Jan 3, 2006
    LoL. Yeah.. that grin is so me though.

tjaman

[24]Jan 3, 2006
    • level: 32
    Looking at my list, I'm not sure why I'd be more comfortable with Tommy from "Rescue Me" but not Jack Bauer from "24." Both characters are pretty out of hand. Maybe it's because of the sheer number of people already presenting as Jack Bauer. Tony Almeida wouldn't be a terrible pick, either.

From KEEN EDDIE, I'd pick Eddie Arlett.

I seem to skew toward lower-key, more even-tempered central figures (Denis Leary and Sideshow Bob seeming to be exceptions). I probably see myself as the star of my own life or something.

Probably most people do, tho, so again, I'm not sure what my icon picks ultimately say about me -- if they say anything at all.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[25]Jan 3, 2006
    I dunno.. I've never been into Buffy or Angel or anything like that but I gotta tellya.. thanks to your icon everytime I see that guy on tv you come to mind. LoL.

dezigner4web

[26]Jan 3, 2006
    I would say I look the most like Adriane Curry, her face but I havent been a size 4 in several years.

tjaman

[27]Jan 3, 2006
    • level: 32
    It's not the right look, jaw or build, but it is the right attitude.

So much as a vampire reflects anything at all.

dezigner4web

[28]Jan 3, 2006
    Fun

CTU81

[29]Jan 5, 2006
    • level: 25
    Just to let everyone know, I designed a set of Nip/Tuck icons. I think there were 17 in all. I submitted them to the site and now just have to wait and see if they accept them. I'll let everyone know if they do get accepted.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[30]Jan 5, 2006
    Awesome. Let's all hope they do accept them.

dezigner4web

[31]Jan 5, 2006
    CTU81 wrote:
    Just to let everyone know, I designed a set of Nip/Tuck icons. I think there were 17 in all. I submitted them to the site and now just have to wait and see if they accept them. I'll let everyone know if they do get accepted.

The MoDs have their hands full right now. There is some windows/IE patch they need to update and right now they are blocking all [ img ] source code which allows us to post photos directly in a message box. Their icons function fine, it is the images and links outside they are blocking. You might not see a fast response about your icons right now.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[32]Jan 5, 2006
    It's also not taking the smiley faces or anything which is really pissing me off.

CTU81

[33]Jan 5, 2006
    dezigner4web wrote:
    The MoDs have their hands full right now. There is some windows/IE patch they need to update and right now they are blocking all [ img ] source code which allows us to post photos directly in a message box. Their icons function fine, it is the images and links outside they are blocking. You might not see a fast response about your icons right now.

Its set up differently now, they only take one set of icons per 2 weeks. They get sent through The_Huntsman, who picks a winner then sends it to the staff who puts it on the site. Kinda sucks that only one set gets accepted every 2 weeks, but I got mine in early and they were pretty good so hopefully they choose mine.

dezigner4web

[34]Jan 6, 2006
    CTU81 wrote:

Its set up differently now, they only take one set of icons per 2 weeks. They get sent through The_Huntsman, who picks a winner then sends it to the staff who puts it on the site. Kinda sucks that only one set gets accepted every 2 weeks, but I got mine in early and they were pretty good so hopefully they choose mine.

I wrote to The_Huntsman to show my support for your submittion along with this fact....

Did you know we are posting at the same numbers as Lost (The #1 show), and we are off season right now??? We dont even get an FX icon choice in the "logos" catagory.

Current Posting Numbers;
    Nip/Tuck -- 4564
    Lost -- 4547

CTU81

[35]Jan 6, 2006
    Yea, no one can say that us Nip/Tuck fans aren't loyal. It says a lot to post at the same rate as Lost, while our show's season is over. I agree with you there.

Thanks for the show of support to The_Huntsman. I like the way the icons came out. I made just about two different icons for each main character I think. Two good carver ones are in there. I hope they go through, I think you guys will like them.

dezigner4web

[36]Jan 6, 2006
    CTU81 wrote:
    Yea, no one can say that us Nip/Tuck fans aren't loyal. It says a lot to post at the same rate as Lost, while our show's season is over. I agree with you there.

Thanks for the show of support to The_Huntsman. I like the way the icons came out. I made just about two different icons for each main character I think. Two good carver ones are in there. I hope they go through, I think you guys will like them.

Well I hope we made compelling arguments to get the pushed through. Thanks for the effort in making those. They sound like fun!

CTU81

[37]Jan 6, 2006
    They are fun, I enjoyed making them. I have space for 3 more, i made 17 and you can make upto 20. Here's the list of the icons I made:

1. Bandage-Eye Logo
    2. Carver (2 versions)
    3. Christian (3 versions)
    4. Julia (2 versions)
    5. Kimber (2 versions)
    6. Kit
    7. Liz
    8. Matt
    9. Quentin
    10. Sean (3 versions)

Like I said, I can make 3 more. If there are any characters you want added, send me a link to a good picture of that character and I'll make a new one for them.

Thanks guys.

dezigner4web

[38]Jan 6, 2006
    CTU81 wrote:
    They are fun, I enjoyed making them. I have space for 3 more, i made 17 and you can make upto 20. Here's the list of the icons I made:

1. Bandage-Eye Logo
    2. Carver (2 versions)
    3. Christian (3 versions)
    4. Julia (2 versions)
    5. Kimber (2 versions)
    6. Kit
    7. Liz
    8. Matt
    9. Quentin
    10. Sean (3 versions)

Like I said, I can make 3 more. If there are any characters you want added, send me a link to a good picture of that character and I'll make a new one for them.

Thanks guys.

Probably the FX site has the best photos;
    http://www.fxnetworks.com/press/main/images.php?showid=niptuck§ion=season3&openid=images

Maybe do the FX logo? Or see what others think are the 3 most popular characters and then do another on of those. It cant hurt to have more of a character. Just think how many people will be using them. : )

CTU81

[39]Jan 6, 2006
    dezigner4web wrote:

http://www.fxnetworks.com/press/main/images.php?showid=niptuck§ion=season3&openid=images

Maybe do the FX logo? Or see what others think are the 3 most popular characters and then do another on of those. It cant hurt to have more of a character. Just think how many people will be using them. : )

Yea I might do that in a separate thread at somepoint. I made an FX logo one, just the picture logo, not the letters. It looks alright. I might add it to the set. I've been trying to find a good picture of Bobolit but all the ones I find get way too distorted when I resize them for the icon.

dezigner4web

[40]Jan 6, 2006
    CTU81 wrote:
    dezigner4web wrote:

Yea I might do that in a separate thread at somepoint. I made an FX logo one, just the picture logo, not the letters. It looks alright. I might add it to the set. I've been trying to find a good picture of Bobolit but all the ones I find get way too distorted when I resize them for the icon.

The trick is to look for something square in shape to start with. ; )