Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

Nip/Tuck S6E01 -- "Don Hoberman

What did you think of Tonight's opener?

VicVinegar

[1]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 3

Episode 1 synopsis: "Don Hoberman"

Sean and Christian struggle to keep McNamara/Troy thriving in a failing economy. Liz receives life-altering news. Matt and Kimber seek new, separate career paths with mixed results. Sean remains distant from Teddy despite their seemingly flourishing relationship. Mario Lopez and Rose Mcgowan is set to guest star.

Edited on 10/14/2009 7:03pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

justinwestnet

[2]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 17
    Very odd return. Why is Teddy a new actress? What happened to the other one? Mario Lopez? Kind of cool the economy played a roll in the the office's plight. Liz suing Christian was very un-like her. The season preview looked wierd too.

VicVinegar

[3]Oct 15, 2009
    I figure as long as no babies were being injcted, no furniture was being romanced, and no breasts were being sliced off, we're in good sorts so far. That is, until Mario Lopez starts wearing lingerie...

penelope1985

[4]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 21
    I thought thi episode was boring until the very last minute... But injured or near death Sean is getting a little old...
    Not good for a season premiere...

VicVinegar

[5]Oct 15, 2009
    That was the one thing I hated about the episode, and that's teasing Sean's dying AGAIN. This is 2 times in two seasons already, and I believe the 4th time him dying has been teased.

krussell47

[6]Oct 16, 2009
    • level: 12
    Well I have to agree that this was not that great of an episode. Replacing Katee Sackhoff with Rose McGowan as Teddy was a horrible move. But Katee is becoming quite the star so she probably would have commanded more money than Rose. Everything just seemed really slow and not as exciting as seasons past. And the whole ending with Sean. I believe he is not dead, but is overdosing on sleeping pills. Now is this on purpose because of the financial troubles he is currently facing or is it accidental because he just really wanted to get some sleep. And finally, the return of Mario Lopez just didn't seem at all interesting and their whole infomercial was just horrible and stupid. Not impressed at all with the episode!

mr_snakeabee

[7]Oct 18, 2009
    • level: 7
    This episode wasn't that interesting. I really doubt that Sean is dead from sleeping pills overdose and Rose playing Teddy just doesn't work for me. She doesn't fit the character.

tjaman

[8]Oct 18, 2009
    • level: 32
    I can't believe Murph believes the mere mention of vaginal rejuvenation is going to get us all up in a season premiere-worthy tizz. I enjoyed the preview scenes from upcoming episodes more than I enjoyed this one. That being said, it was quietly acceptable, which is by definition entirely unacceptable for a cutting-edge drama like "Nip/Tuck."
    Edited on 10/18/2009 9:08pm

RebeccaDeWinter

[9]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 1
    I loved the infomercial! Hysterical! Christian & his ladies, & Sean & Teddy's outrageous shopping sprees, the whole Dr. Mike's yacht with the music by Mims, eye candy. And Matt as a mime? And a coffee shop robbing mime? That is the cherry on top of the sundae. Bring this season on!

TylerA46

[10]Oct 29, 2009
    • level: 11

I wont start a new thread for ep. 3, just have to say, this Teddy story goes too far. She wants to kill now Sean's whole family? She can have Matt, but the other two kids? I hope she dies in a really brutal way.

This show is burned out. Maybe if not only Ava, but the Carver too would come back, this show could end well.

BabyKitten199

[11]Nov 18, 2009
    krussell47 wrote:
    But Katee is becoming quite the star so she probably would have commanded more money than Rose.
    I'm sorry but how is that Katee Sackoff becoming a star? I haven't seen her in anything since last season on this show & she wasn't even that good as Teddy. I mean come on, how hard is it to play a psycho slut? Not very. She wasn't even very attractive. It was weird that they replaced her but Rose McGowan's a good actress & I'd prefer to watch her any day over that Katee chick.

BabyKitten199

[12]Nov 18, 2009
    TylerA46 wrote:
    I wont start a new thread for ep. 3, just have to say, this Teddy story goes too far. She wants to kill now Sean's whole family? She can have Matt, but the other two kids? I hope she dies in a really brutal way.

Lol, you got your wish. Was her death brutal enough for ya'?