Nip/Tuck to go for at least 3 more seasons

Fiorentine

[1]Mar 20, 2007
    • level: 1

(Start article)

'Nip/Tuck' Creator Cuts New Deal

Murphy stays with FX show, will develop for FOX

February 16, 2007

Every year, it seems, there's some question about whether "Nip/Tuck" creator Ryan Murphy will remain with the series. And every year, he's ultimately decided to stick with it.

FX and some of its fellow News Corp. properties are rewarding Murphy for that loyalty with a big new deal that includes a fifth season of "Nip/Tuck" and development agreements with studio 20th Century Fox TV and the FOX network.

"'Nip/Tuck' is one of the most wonderfully strange and original television series ever produced -- and it consistently delivers some of the best episodes on television," says John Landgraf, president of FX. "We felt we owed 'Nip/Tuck's' fans and FX's viewers nothing less than Ryan Murphy's inimitable vision for the series."

Under the new deal, which reportedly runs into eight figures over the next three-plus years, Murphy will remain the showrunner of "Nip/Tuck" (which Warner Bros. TV produces) for its fifth season, which will run for 22 episodes. That's the show's biggest order ever; no previous season has lasted more than 16 episodes.

The new season will also include a change in location: When we last saw plastic surgeons Sean McNamara (Dylan Walsh) and Christian Troy (Julian McMahon), they had relocated from Miami to Los Angeles and were on the verge of opening an L.A. practice.

The contract also calls for Murphy to develop new series for 20th Century Fox TV, with FOX getting the first look at any such project. Peter Ligouri, FOX's president of entertainment, ran FX when "Nip/Tuck" premiered in 2003.

"Since my first meeting with Ryan, it was clear that he has a unique, singular voice," Ligouri says. "Working closely with him and watching his star rise, I admire his zeal, dedication and creative courage. It's a great day for FOX to announce our partnership."

In addition to his "Nip/Tuck" work, Murphy also created The WB series "Popular" and wrote and directed the feature film "Running with Scissors." His next film project, "Dirty Tricks," is in pre-production.

(Finish article)

Personally i'm really excited at the prospect that we'll be seeing the outrageous situations that Sean & Christian will get into, in at LEAST the next three years to come. I'm sure Ryan Murphy & the writing team will still produce brilliant 'in you face' scripts that will keep us hooked for the next few years. Just wondering what the rest of the Nip/Tuck fans think?P.S. Sorry for any spelling errors.

Edited on 03/19/2007 11:35pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Corko21

[2]Mar 20, 2007
    • level: 11

I'm pretty excited about the upcoming seasons as well. A lot of people I know who watch the show thought it was dumb that they moved them to LA, personally I think it was a genius idea. I started watching the show b/c of the friendship that you see between Sean and Christian, then kept watching it for all the drama. Of course, after the years it seemed they had left behind the original fun and excitement of the show in order to be more shocking.

Moving them to LA will help bring the show back to its roots, give it a breath of fresh air, plus it will allow us to see how they continue to develop outside of all of the problems they left in Miami. (I just hope it doesn't become focused on Paparazzi garbage, and what celebrity is doing what to whom like it is sometimes in Entourage...even though that show is also one of my favorites.)

entity0

[3]Mar 20, 2007
    • level: 28
    omfg i cant wait!!!!! i love this show so very much and have stuck by it when alot wouldnt even give it the time of day. i love these guys! they are the best! thank you thank you dear sweet god for bringing this show back for me and all who love nip/tuck!!!!!!

Deborah195

[4]Mar 21, 2007
    • level: 6
    I'm excited about seeing this show progress... I think it will be fun to watch Christian sabotage his own happiness and hopefully, Sean will eventually learn that he can't control anyone but himself. When it comes back, I dunno.. but can't wait!!!

JaceJones

[5]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 8
    Fiorentine wrote:

(Start article)

'Nip/Tuck' Creator Cuts New Deal

Murphy stays with FX show, will develop for FOX

February 16, 2007

Every year, it seems, there's some question about whether "Nip/Tuck" creator Ryan Murphy will remain with the series. And every year, he's ultimately decided to stick with it.

FX and some of its fellow News Corp. properties are rewarding Murphy for that loyalty with a big new deal that includes a fifth season of "Nip/Tuck" and development agreements with studio 20th Century Fox TV and the FOX network.

"'Nip/Tuck' is one of the most wonderfully strange and original television series ever produced -- and it consistently delivers some of the best episodes on television," says John Landgraf, president of FX. "We felt we owed 'Nip/Tuck's' fans and FX's viewers nothing less than Ryan Murphy's inimitable vision for the series."

Under the new deal, which reportedly runs into eight figures over the next three-plus years, Murphy will remain the showrunner of "Nip/Tuck" (which Warner Bros. TV produces) for its fifth season, which will run for 22 episodes. That's the show's biggest order ever; no previous season has lasted more than 16 episodes.

The new season will also include a change in location: When we last saw plastic surgeons Sean McNamara (Dylan Walsh) and Christian Troy (Julian McMahon), they had relocated from Miami to Los Angeles and were on the verge of opening an L.A. practice.

The contract also calls for Murphy to develop new series for 20th Century Fox TV, with FOX getting the first look at any such project. Peter Ligouri, FOX's president of entertainment, ran FX when "Nip/Tuck" premiered in 2003.

"Since my first meeting with Ryan, it was clear that he has a unique, singular voice," Ligouri says. "Working closely with him and watching his star rise, I admire his zeal, dedication and creative courage. It's a great day for FOX to announce our partnership."

In addition to his "Nip/Tuck" work, Murphy also created The WB series "Popular" and wrote and directed the feature film "Running with Scissors." His next film project, "Dirty Tricks," is in pre-production.

(Finish article)

Personally i'm really excited at the prospect that we'll be seeing the outrageous situations that Sean & Christian will get into, in at LEAST the next three years to come. I'm sure Ryan Murphy & the writing team will still produce brilliant 'in you face' scripts that will keep us hooked for the next few years. Just wondering what the rest of the Nip/Tuck fans think?P.S. Sorry for any spelling errors.

I very excite !

SMGslayer97

[6]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 34
    This is of course fantastic!

mikecanada

[7]Apr 19, 2007
    • level: 13

that article doesn't say anything the show lasting 3 more years It just says that Ryan Murphy signed a 3 year contract extension with

20th century fox television 

Edited on 04/19/2007 10:25pm
    Edited 2 total times.

JaceJones

[8]Apr 20, 2007
    mikecanada wrote:

that article doesn't say anything the show lasting 3 more years It just says that Ryan Murphy signed a 3 year contract extension with

20th century fox television 

It says the show will run 3+ years...and that Ryan will be with Nip/Tuck for the fifth season for sure.

Bhavleena91

[10]Apr 22, 2007

I think moving to LA is great idea, they've done all they can do in Miami, and now they're moving to the home of The L Word, and Six Feet Under (my two other fave shows. Now all three of my fave shows are in LA!) It's esentially the same place, since they're both near water, and they're both sunny all the time.

-James

FX_SHOWS

[11]Apr 24, 2007
    The suspense!

blknge

[12]May 31, 2007
    • level: 9
    22 episodes, dam that's big. Maks me wonder how good it'll last.

strop0909

[13]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 5
    oui, oui, oui

SleepTight

[14]Aug 9, 2007
    • level: 36
    Three years? THREE years? THREE YEARS?

I think I just had a tiny orgasm.

bloodlike1

[15]Aug 10, 2007
    good news

scifiguyuk

[16]Aug 12, 2007
    • level: 18
    That article simply says that Ryan Murphy has signed a contract for another three years developing shows etc, not necessarily Nip/Tuck. Besides they've already said that season 5 will most likely be the last. As much as I'd like it to last another 3 years, I doubt it will, and I'm pretty sure this season is the last. Sorry

DrRosenRosen

[17]Aug 25, 2007
    • level: 2
    There's NO WAY this show will stay good that long. I hate to say it, but halfway into the season, I fully expect Dr. Troy will put on a leather jacket with a life preserver over the top, and jump some sharks on Miami Beach.

skeeter291

[18]Sep 2, 2007
    • level: 60
    scifiguyuk wrote:
    That article simply says that Ryan Murphy has signed a contract for another three years developing shows etc, not necessarily Nip/Tuck. Besides they've already said that season 5 will most likely be the last. As much as I'd like it to last another 3 years, I doubt it will, and I'm pretty sure this season is the last. Sorry

I have to agree. I don't think that it will last past this season.