Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

OFFICIAL ~ Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Nip/Tuck

tjaman

[1]Jul 25, 2006
    • level: 32
    Got a question? Got a comment? Got an opinion or an idea?

Here's a place for it to go.

I can't promise everything will get answered -- or answered to your satisfaction -- but we do have a number of folks drifting around who really know their Tuck, so ask away!

NOTE: There's a music thread pinned for music questions. Just pointing that out because N/T features some of the most amazing music on teevee and it generates a lot of questions, so you should probably check there first for most of your music-related questions. Thanks!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

deathcab15

[2]Jul 25, 2006
    • level: 3
    why don't they show annie much anymore?

meganward04

[3]Jul 25, 2006
    • level: 9
    I dont know but im VERY interested in her. I hope that they show more of her this season. I wanna just take a guess but with her being so young and the mature level of the show and with child labor laws thats the only thing I can think of.
    megan

meganward04

[4]Jul 25, 2006
    Hey speaking of Annie..whats her real name? Has anyone tried to google her to find out her real age. Not for the show just in real life.
    megan

deathcab15

[5]Jul 27, 2006
    i just looked her up on imdb, and it says she was born in '95.
    still though, she does seem like an interesting character.

alex20020712

[6]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 7
    deathcab15 wrote:
    still though, she does seem like an interesting character.

One of the deleted scenes on the DVD from 2x14 has Kimber trying to bribe Annie. Great scene, very funny. It is too bad they cut it out.

tjaman

[7]Jul 27, 2006
    It's Kelsey Lynn Batelaan, btw.

alex20020712

[8]Jul 27, 2006
    ...and she is listed with everyone else under "Cast."

trrom

[9]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 2

I think I remember reading somewhere that she's not on the show more regular than what she is because of the conflict with her school work. I think she's also like 11 years old or something like that.

tjaman

[10]Jul 28, 2006
    That matches up with her birthdate in '95.

To be honest, tho, they could have a different Annie every appearance. She's barely in the show. As little screen time as she gets, they could have a whole range of Annies -- blonde, brunette, puertoriqueña, male ...

It could be a drinking game -- "Spot Any Hint or Trace of Annie!" -- except most nights it wouldn't even be worth cracking the bottle open.

meganward04

[11]Jul 28, 2006
    tjaman wrote:
    It's Kelsey Lynn Batelaan, btw.

thanks TJ

meganward04

[12]Jul 28, 2006
    trrom wrote:

I think I remember reading somewhere that she's not on the show more regular than what she is because of the conflict with her school work. I think she's also like 11 years old or something like that.

Yeah thats what i said a few comments back that I think with her age and child labor laws i dont think shes aloud to work more then 15 to 20 hours a week. Which sucks because shes as cute as a button and with everything that has happened in the show it would be interesting to see what all she knows.
    meg

tjaman

[13]Jul 28, 2006
    In the most Annie-intensive storylines she's been on screen for 14 minutes, probably.

Not saying there's not a lot of makeup and waiting around, but even if she was limited to, say, 10 hours (and if everyone was dead on, including her) they'd be able work with that.

I have to believe that the days that Kelsey is on set, very little else from the other storylines is much in evidence.

I wonder if she's ever been allowed to watch the show she's in? And if she has, I feel very, very worried for that girl.

deathcab15

[14]Jul 28, 2006
    yeah, i wonder what it's like being a child actor working on such a serious mature drama. i've always wondered if like these child actors in mature shows or r-rated movies are allowed to watch them.

tjaman

[15]Aug 12, 2006
    Guys ... I've tried twice to start a lounge thread and I've been moderated for TOS violations both times. I think we need some help and/or assistance from our mod and/or editor to establish one.

Since we do, in fact, want one and it's the sort of thing this board could support without it being such a huge problem. And it'd be nice.

The one I tried to establish today had Ava as our charming hostess and Nuck as our bartender. It had high vaulted ceilings and a swimming pool (OK, it was a scene from Julia's dream sequence so it had Christian shagging Kimber in it, but only on the one end. And we couldn't see anything -- just their heads).

Any help or advice on this matter would be appreciated.

alex20020712

[16]Aug 12, 2006

tjaman wrote:
    Any help or advice on this matter would be appreciated.

I would suggest reading the Terms of Use, and if they do not work for you, you can go ahead and start your own forum. That is what I did. As long as we are here, we are guests and have to follow the rules set by the host, no matter how much you may want it to be different.

As for nip/tuck, and the subject at hand, I think we have seen child actors whose lives are a mess as they grow up, and child actors who become healthy and productive. Parenting seems to be the most influential factor in that equation. Shocking!

tjaman

[17]Aug 12, 2006
    I've read them. Mods have a certain amount of discretion, however, and O/T threads are hardly unheard of.

By the end of the last season, there were about a dozen of us who were using this site pretty regularly who wanted such a thread. Without in anyway trying to step on any toes or being bad "guests," as you'd have it, a more social, informal space to talk about the show and our reactions to it hardly seems out of line.

alex20020712

[18]Aug 13, 2006

tjaman wrote:
    I've read them. Mods have a certain amount of discretion, however, and O/T threads are hardly unheard of.

Drunk driving is also "hardly unheard of." It happens every day. That does not make it a good thing, or an excuse for anyone. I know--no one is going to be killed by an off-topic thread. That is not what I am saying.

There are already other forums on this site for off-topic conversation. Why not go there?

tjaman wrote:
    a more social, informal space to talk about the show and our reactions to it hardly seems out of line.

Talking "about the show and our reactions to it" would be quite on topic, and exactly what this forum is here for, so where is the problem?

How is this forum not social or informal? I do not understand.

In any case, back to the topic and the show, I am looking forward to the new season getting away from the Carver, and going back to the original characters. To me, the problem with the Carver was, it became predictable, in a show that distinguishes itself by being unpredictable. The season finales for the first two seasons, in particular.

tjaman

[19]Aug 13, 2006
    I'm ... completely mystified by you.

You just equated a dangerous and potentially lethal action with ... talking about this and that informally among the fanbase of a specific show (which is why things would get really watered down in the o/t section.)

Honestly, have you tried following a conversation down there? Oy.
    Edited on 08/12/2006 11:33pm
    Edited 2 total times.

alex20020712

[20]Aug 13, 2006
    tjaman wrote:
    I'm ... completely mystified by you.

You just equated a dangerous and potentially lethal action with ...

No. I am saying that "everyone else does it" is a very lame and very poor excuse for anything.