Official Music Thread

Avalon95

[1]Oct 26, 2005
    • level: 1
    Ok folks...here's the music from last night by scene:

Cheers~
    Avalon

“Frankenlaura”: (Episode 6)

“Season of the Witch” – Donovan (Mrs. Hosentagen’s neck-lipo surgery with Sean/Christian)

Instrumental/Score - (Gina shows Julia potential hotel-investment location for ‘flipping’ & asks for down payment/ Julia suggests opening a surgical-recovery spa and being Gina’s partner instead)

“Everything In Its Right Place” – Radiohead (Sean/Christian at mortuary performing corpse 'disassembling’ surgeries)

“How We Do This” – The Brand New Heavies - (Gina/Julia renovate “De La Mer”/Gina ‘works’ the construction staff)

Instrumental/Score - (Sean has discussion with Prine in his jail cell/Prine reveals Laura is his sister)

“John Wayne Gacy, Jr.” – Sufjan Stevens (Prine’s dream sequence of ‘being’ with Laura flipping to Sean removing Laura’s head/Sean cremates head)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dezigner4web

[2]Oct 27, 2005
    • level: 17
    Thanks for opening the "Official" music thread again, its been awhile to see you post -- since before this site changed.

KJane

[3]Oct 27, 2005
    Avalon, is the music from the episode in which Christian is arrested as the carver listed somewhere? I think we had dirrerent eps air. Thanks. KJane

Avalon95

[4]Oct 27, 2005
    Re: KJane:

Here's that episodes listing for you:

“Granville Trapp”: (Episode 5)

“Brother Where Are You” {Matthew Herbert Remix} – Oscar Brown (Granville Trapp’s facial-lipo atrophy repair surgery with Quentin/Sean)

“I Melt With You” – Nouvelle Vague (Christian’s ‘dream’ sequence with Kimber while being held in jail)

KJane

[5]Oct 28, 2005
    Thanks muchly

Viscoma

[6]Oct 28, 2005
    • level: 7
    Any idea where I can find the song by Sufjan Stevens?
    I checked his site and he apparently has 3 albums but none of them feature that song.

Avalon95

[7]Oct 28, 2005
    Re: Viscoma

It's on his CD "Illinois" which is out now...4th track.

Avalon95

[8]Oct 28, 2005
    While I'm at it...here's 3x01-04:

“Mama Boone”: (Episode 1)

Instrumental – James S. Levine {Original Composition} - (Christian’s ‘dreamed funeral’)

Instrumental/Score – Original Composition - (Jude & Julia have sex)

Instrumental/Score – Original Composition - (Christian returns to his apartment for the first time)

“Stuck in the Middle With You” – Stealers Wheel - (Sean performs silicone replacement surgery)

Instrumental/Score – Original Composition - (‘Flipped’ scenes between Christian proposing to Kimber/Kimber’s turn down segueing to Sean refusing to sign Julia’s divorce papers/Julia leaves)

“Dance Me to the End of Love” – Madeleine Peyroux - (Momma Boone’s wall at her house torn down/ removed from house)

“Any Day Now” – Elbow - (Momma Boone’s initial surgical procedure with Christian/Sean/Liz)

“I’ll Look Around” – Madeleine Peyroux - (Sean/Christian/Liz ‘meet’ to discuss next steps for Momma Boone’s surgery segue to Momma Boone flat lining/dies)

“Love’s Almighty” – Telepopmuzik - (Kit questions Christian further at his apartment about his ‘Carver’ attack)

“Last Train to Whenever” – Telepopmuzik - (Kit’s ‘reenactment’ of Christian’s ‘Carver’ attack/have sex)

“Inside and Out” – Feist - (Christian/Kit/Kimber’s 3-way)

“Kiki”: (Episode 2)

Instrumental/Score - (Matt’s questioning at police station w/Sean/Julia/detective post-discovery of Adrian’s body at Ava’s)

“The Tracks of My Tears” – Smokey Robinson & The Miracles (Marlin’s laser surgical removal of ‘tear’ tattoos w/Quentin & Sean segue to Kiki’s scar removal w/Christian & Liz)

“Sick Like Me” – T. Raumschmiere - (Julia finds ‘book’ in Matt’s bedroom)

“If You Want It” – Scream Club {NOTE – this audio was tied to a video clip used in the same scene} - (Matt smoking pot/Erica joins in/discuss Ava situation & Matt’s relationship with her)

“Strawberry Letter #23” – The Brothers Johnson - (Matt at club imagining Ava speaking to him)

“Since I Fell For You” – Nina Simone - (Matt at ‘pick up’ from club ‘Cherry’s’ apartment/making out/ segue to Matt beating ‘Cherry’ up)

“World of Pain” – Shaper - (Matt shaving head/Sean enters/questions knuckle damage and suggests therapy)

“Swan Lake” – Tchaikovsky {Played by The Royal Philharmonic} - (Christian/Sean argue during bottom-lipo surgery/Liz interrupts notifying Christian that Kumba killed Kiki post-surgery/recovery)

“Makambo” – Geoffrey Oryema (‘Cherry’ with ‘gang’ chases Matt/gang members chase Marlon segue to simultaneous beatings of both)

“Derek, Alex & Gary”: (Episode 3)

“All We Are” – Fischerspooner - (Christian/Quentin at Christian’s former fraternity house to ‘aid’ Derek/Alex/Gary – sign client agreements to perform surgery)

“Stuck On You” – Elvis Presley (Christian/Quentin perform ‘separation’ of Derek/Alex/Gary at fraternity house)

“What’s Rally Goin’ On” – Marz - (Sean/Quentin arrive at ‘bracelet’ frat party)

“Release” – Timo Maas - (Sean meets Amber at frat party/doing shots/dancing)

“4 Ur Ears” – Timo Maas - (Sean/Amber make out in other room/gives Sean blowjob – Quentin enters and ‘watches’/'winks' as Sean is ‘serviced’ – Sean leaves)

“Stuck On You” – Lionel Richie – (Christian/Quentin perform Derek Jordan’s ass-grafting/repair surgery)

“Chunga’s Revenge” – Gotan Project {this is a Frank Zappa cover} - (Christian/Kimber/Kit/Quentin at dinner – Kit ‘offers’ up 4-way/Kimber agrees)

“Wait (The Whisper Song)” – Ying Yang Twins – (4-way with Christian/Kimber/Kit/Quentin)

“Rhea Reynolds”: (Episode 4)

Instrumental/Score – (Sean confronts Matt about restraining order at Julia’s apartment)

“Ride the Pain” – Juliet (Sean/Christian's repair surgery of 'cutter' patient/Quentin informs both about new 'carver' victim booked segue to Christian reflecting on the news in his office)

Instrumental/Score – (Sean’s ‘examination’ of Christian)

“Those Were the Days” – Susan Lainey (Sean's pre-surgery facial 'mapping' with Ellie Hartness flipping to her actual surgery sequences)

Instrumental/Score – (Annie and Sean's interviews by child services)

“A Cry For Love” – The Black Heart Procession (Rhea Reynolds' semi-conscious 'supposed' 'Carver' attack repair surgery with Christian and Quentin)

“Numb” – Sia (Sean selects knife and later cuts himself/Liz puts Christian 'under' - segue to Ellie with Carl and his new 'girlfriend' Trudy/Rhea attacked by the "real" 'Carver')

FFVII_Madness55

[9]Oct 29, 2005
    • level: 2
    Awesome!!!

Do you have a link to any of these music?

dezigner4web

[10]Nov 1, 2005
    This is the official music thread. As there are 3 surfacing to the top. The original poster of this thread (Avalon95) is the direct source to the producers of NipTuck and it's music usage.

Please reference this thread for all music inquiries to get the accurate information.

lovingdreamer

[11]Nov 1, 2005
    • level: 3
    dezigner4web wrote:
    This is the official music thread. As there are 3 surfacing to the top. The original poster of this thread (Avalon95) is the direct source to the producers of NipTuck and it's music usage.

Please reference this thread for all music inquiries to get the accurate information.

Thanks for the info, dezigner! I wondered what was up with the other two music threads and what specifically the differences were. I appreciate the info and clarification, as I'm sure other users do, as well.

Avalon95

[12]Nov 1, 2005
    Hi Everyone...I'll have the music scoop for 3x07 ("Ben White") up for you tomorrow including instrumentals - stay tuned.

Thanks dezigner4web for keeping it 'real' and letting your posters know about the importance of accurate information as it comes from the talented source(s) and not just copying from me or providing unclarified assumptions that are attempted to be passed on as fact. The music on N/T is an integral part of the entire project and it's my role to relay it, as the folks who do this, work very hard to present this 'portion' of making the show so great.

Cheers~
    Avalon

Edited because it would be common courtesy for people to acknowlege my information when posting to the other sites as I know that many of the clips are not accessible based on 'regular' methods as the music supervisor many times utilizes groups/artists that haven't even been signed. Lastly, I also work very hard to get this info. out (including specific scene sequences for more easily referenced knowledge) to those that love the music from the fantastic creative sources that provide it.

Thanks.

dezigner4web

[13]Nov 2, 2005
    Avalon -- I know all about coveting, I am an award winning web developer, people copy my work all the time and it can really errk a person! I will make sure to keep this thread on top when someone is looking for music info -- whenever possible. So you may do your thang...

Avalon95

[14]Nov 2, 2005
    Here's last nights selections:

“Ben White”: (Episode 7)

Instrumental/Score - (Julia on the phone at “De La Mer” trying to build the business/talks to Liz)

Instrumental/Score - (Julia/Liz/Gina discuss facial semen 'treatment' possibilities)

Instrumental/Score - (Christian visits Ben White at his house/discusses Ben's BIID {Body-Integrity Identity Disorder} condition and possibility of doing his surgery/Ben shows Christian his 'contingency' plan)

Instrumental/Score - (Kimber & Christian discuss Sean ‘situation’/Kimber tells Christian to 'move on' from Sean)

Instrumental/Score - (Nicole {Nicky} and Austin Moretti's 'Witness Protection Program' surgeries with Sean & Dr. Sagamore)

“Lover’s Spit” - Broken Social Scene featuring Feist (Christian asks Kimber to marry him)

lovingdreamer

[15]Nov 4, 2005
    OK, I checked to make sure there weren't any other "official" music threads on here that were older, and I didn't see any. Also, I know that this one is being used to give us music listings for season three, but is it OK to make a request?

If so, Avalon, could you please tell me what song was being played in season one, episode 15, "Escobar Gallardo" for the scenes when Julia shows up telling Sean she wants her ring back, and also when Gina and Christian are in the delivery room having the baby?

I'm not sure if you still have that information on file, but if you could let me know what song that was, I'd appreciate it.

Avalon95

[16]Nov 4, 2005
    That's “Wild World” – Cat Stevens.

lovingdreamer

[17]Nov 5, 2005
    Thanks very much, Avalon!

jesse400

[18]Nov 7, 2005
    Does Anyone know what the name of the song was in the episode where sean and quentin go to the frat party? The song that is playing when they enter the party.

"my movement is liquid... etc."

Thanks

jesse400

[19]Nov 7, 2005
    WHat is the name of the song in the episode with the frat party that goes, "my movement is liquid..."?

lovingdreamer

[20]Nov 7, 2005
    jesse400 wrote:
    Does Anyone know what the name of the song was in the episode where sean and quentin go to the frat party? The song that is playing when they enter the party.

"my movement is liquid... etc."

Thanks

According to a previous post by Avalon (post #8 on this same thread, in fact), the song you're asking about is:

“What’s Rally Goin’ On” – Marz - (Sean/Quentin arrive at ‘bracelet’ frat party)